Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter 14:08 - Apr 1 with 1627 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I haven’t felt this good since the Robson days!
Okay I’m feeling particularly happy today for reasons I’d best not go into but everything that comes from the mouths of Ashton and Mckenna seems like poetry. Happy Friday everyone!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 14:12]
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 14:54 - Apr 1 with 1520 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Surely prime Burley days were better than current times??
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 14:54]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 15:42 - Apr 1 with 1448 viewspennblue

"Okay I’m feeling particularly happy today for reasons I’d best not go into"

Come on spill the beans.....

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 16:02 - Apr 1 with 1417 viewsReus30

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 15:42 - Apr 1 by pennblue

First pube?
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 17:24 - Apr 1 with 1342 viewsSouthBucksBlue

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 15:42 - Apr 1 by pennblue

Haha! Well you’re actually kind of already on the right lines but factor in an extremely flattering age difference 🙂
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 17:25 - Apr 1 with 1338 viewsSouthBucksBlue

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 16:02 - Apr 1 by Reus30

First pube?

First grey one more like!
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 17:29 - Apr 1 with 1333 viewsSouthBucksBlue

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 14:54 - Apr 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Surely prime Burley days were better than current times??
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 14:54]

Obviously in terms of our current standing but I was referring to where we hopefully are headed with an incredibly inspiring leadership team.
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 18:53 - Apr 1 with 1281 viewsWakh

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 17:24 - Apr 1 by SouthBucksBlue

Haha! Well you’re actually kind of already on the right lines but factor in an extremely flattering age difference 🙂

Clue 1) Flattering age gap Clue 2) Pube

Your carer got a little rough with the sponge?
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 23:32 - Apr 1 with 1120 viewsSouthBucksBlue

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 18:53 - Apr 1 by Wakh

Clue 1) Flattering age gap Clue 2) Pube

Your carer got a little rough with the sponge?

🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 1 Apr 2022 23:33]
Login to get fewer ads

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 08:09 - Apr 2 with 952 viewsVic

I know - but sadly we’re now in Div 3! Still it’s a good feeling isn’t it. I’m looking forward to next season when we haven’t go5 the angst of playing well but still missing out. Let’s just hope that what we all hope for (expect) actually materialists or we’re going to be coming down to earth with an almighty bump!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 08:27 - Apr 2 with 931 viewsChurchman

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 08:09 - Apr 2 by Vic

I know - but sadly we’re now in Div 3! Still it’s a good feeling isn’t it. I’m looking forward to next season when we haven’t go5 the angst of playing well but still missing out. Let’s just hope that what we all hope for (expect) actually materialists or we’re going to be coming down to earth with an almighty bump!

There is a difference. When McCarthy’s team were out working a lot of others to reach the play offs, it felt like a decent team managed by a decent organised manager in a pretty rubbish club. In other words could he miracle it and get us up before we sank or would Evans invest in what was a promising situation.

The following season we played Brighton quite early and it was obvious to me the answer was no on all counts. I remember that game because not only were we outplayed, but the team looked over the hill to me.

Yes, we are now in this dreadful league, but for the first time in 20 years we are building as a football club. It’s the right way round and if what I see is real, I believe we will get out of this league, probably next year now and continue going forwards.

The only threat is if the Americans pull the financial rug and if they are buying parcels of land nearby that’s looking less likely.
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 09:14 - Apr 2 with 871 viewsDyland

Whilst I agree the words and actions are positive, we are in the third division, with no supernatural force to lift us back out. Assuming we miss out this season it's going to be a long road next one, and yeh no reason not to be optimistic but far from every team in this league are comedy hopeless circus acts and we will be mugged off a few times as we have this one. We still need a fair footballing wind to progress.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 860 viewsFunge

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 09:14 - Apr 2 by Dyland

Whilst I agree the words and actions are positive, we are in the third division, with no supernatural force to lift us back out. Assuming we miss out this season it's going to be a long road next one, and yeh no reason not to be optimistic but far from every team in this league are comedy hopeless circus acts and we will be mugged off a few times as we have this one. We still need a fair footballing wind to progress.

Dyllers, I am probably the most pessimistic Towun fan around. My previous angry rants about all sorts of crap, from Sheepshanks, to Evans, to the inherent unfair nonsense of modern European football, all refer.

With all that in mind, I feel good about next year. I honestly think we might've finally got good ownership, management and back-office, for the first time since the late 90s.

Honestly, it feels weird, feeling, er, good. Everyone round town is talking about the club again; it hasn't been this way in a long, long time. 25k for a game against fcking Cambridge?
What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 09:22 - Apr 2 with 853 viewsDyland

What a great time to be an ITFC supporter on 09:19 - Apr 2 by Funge

Dyllers, I am probably the most pessimistic Towun fan around. My previous angry rants about all sorts of crap, from Sheepshanks, to Evans, to the inherent unfair nonsense of modern European football, all refer.

With all that in mind, I feel good about next year. I honestly think we might've finally got good ownership, management and back-office, for the first time since the late 90s.

Honestly, it feels weird, feeling, er, good. Everyone round town is talking about the club again; it hasn't been this way in a long, long time. 25k for a game against fcking Cambridge?

I hear yer ba.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024