Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood took one for the team there ... 16:04 - Apr 2 with 2671 viewsurbanblue

Thompson's head had gone. If Norwood hadn't gone in I think Thompson would have got himself in big trouble. Took the attention away from the initial altercation.I thought he was anyway. Can't believe Thompson wasn't even carded at all.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 16:05 - Apr 2 with 2630 viewsfooters

Think you're giving him way too much credit there. Norwood just looks for a scrap every time, especially in incidents he's not even involved in.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 16:06 - Apr 2 with 2610 viewsStewart27

That’s not what happened.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 16:07 - Apr 2 with 2579 viewsFrimleyBlue

Norwood was just being a prik.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 16:08 - Apr 2 with 2557 viewsurbanblue

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 16:05 - Apr 2 by footers

Think you're giving him way too much credit there. Norwood just looks for a scrap every time, especially in incidents he's not even involved in.

True ... not saying that was Norwood's reasoning.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:33 - Apr 2 with 2374 viewsEly_Blue

There was a Cambridge player who was a very lucky boy during that altercation as there was a punch thrown in the face of one of our players and the ref didn’t see it (as was the case with much that went on during the game)

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:36 - Apr 2 with 2341 viewsmarchy

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:33 - Apr 2 by Ely_Blue

There was a Cambridge player who was a very lucky boy during that altercation as there was a punch thrown in the face of one of our players and the ref didn’t see it (as was the case with much that went on during the game)

It's fine, we'll just stick it on twitter and Morsy him.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:37 - Apr 2 with 2332 viewsbilllm

Norwood should get a contract now we're in league one again next season, Thompson I've been grating on him a while he can fcuk off he's trash,
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:38 - Apr 2 with 2318 viewspointofblue

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:37 - Apr 2 by billlm

Norwood should get a contract now we're in league one again next season, Thompson I've been grating on him a while he can fcuk off he's trash,

Thompson put in a really good performance against Plymouth. The whole side were awful today so not sure if I'd write him off quite yet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:09 - Apr 2 with 2181 viewsAsa

Yeah. Right in the corner near us. It was a blatant foul on Thompson followed by their player falling over with minimal contact and getting a free kick.

Thompson deserved a yellow for his reaction. So did Norwood steaming over. But two of their threw what could be described as punches and the second one landed. That player didn’t even get a yellow.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:12 - Apr 2 with 2143 viewsistanblue

Norwood is a hero!
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:12 - Apr 2 with 2142 viewsEly_Blue

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:09 - Apr 2 by Asa

Yeah. Right in the corner near us. It was a blatant foul on Thompson followed by their player falling over with minimal contact and getting a free kick.

Thompson deserved a yellow for his reaction. So did Norwood steaming over. But two of their threw what could be described as punches and the second one landed. That player didn’t even get a yellow.

Glad I wasn’t the only one who saw it, I’m not sure which one of the 2 black Cambridge players it was but the number 15 just strolled across to the other side of the pitch to get away when the ref was dealing out the punishment so I suspect it was him. Had our player made more of it ala the Accrington player with Morsy then the story may have been different

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:14 - Apr 2 with 2118 viewsAsa

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:12 - Apr 2 by Ely_Blue

Glad I wasn’t the only one who saw it, I’m not sure which one of the 2 black Cambridge players it was but the number 15 just strolled across to the other side of the pitch to get away when the ref was dealing out the punishment so I suspect it was him. Had our player made more of it ala the Accrington player with Morsy then the story may have been different

Another terrible refereeing display. At least it didn’t cost us anything on this occasion. We managed that all by ourselves. Really poor, deflating day.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:25 - Apr 2 with 2065 viewslazyblue

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 16:05 - Apr 2 by footers

That’s why Norwood will not be here next season
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 2036 viewsStewart27

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 17:37 - Apr 2 by billlm

Based on what?

I think McKenna will see through the fact he’s a non league non goal scoring striker who likes a bit of bantz on social media.

Sorry I forgot when he does score he slowly walks the ball back to the halfway line.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:34 - Apr 2 with 1993 viewspointofblue

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:29 - Apr 2 by Stewart27

Based on what?

I think McKenna will see through the fact he’s a non league non goal scoring striker who likes a bit of bantz on social media.

Sorry I forgot when he does score he slowly walks the ball back to the halfway line.

Norwood cannot operate leading the line alone; he needs a strike partner. If McKenna is looking to approach the season with one up top then he needs to move on, for his own sake as much as anything.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 19:47 - Apr 2 with 1831 viewslongtimefan

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:09 - Apr 2 by Asa

Indeed. Since when has moving away from the direction the ball was travelling and using two hands to push off an opponent been permitted? Complete slam dunk free kick and the ref didn’t even have the excuse of having a obstructed view, he was actually perfectly positioned to see it. I too was amazed Thompson avoided a card. It looked to me as if his initial response was a push with his hand to the neck area of the Cambridge player. Another day that could easily been seen as a red card. Also agree there was at least one punch throw though I couldn’t identify who threw it.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 19:54 - Apr 2 with 1791 viewslongtimefan

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:34 - Apr 2 by pointofblue

Norwood cannot operate leading the line alone; he needs a strike partner. If McKenna is looking to approach the season with one up top then he needs to move on, for his own sake as much as anything.

Actually thought that today Norwood did as well as he could given the way we play, especially against a team that don’t commit too many forward and rarely leaves space behind. His first touch was good all game and he was making lots of run but unfortunately our build up is to slow and measured for there to be much space. I think it’s been an issue every time we play a team like today. I really wouldn’t want to be the central striker in our formation as you seem to rarely get fed the ball. I’m not sure any of our forwards would have made much impression today and I’m really not sure exactly what attributes a replacement would need.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 19:56]
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 19:55 - Apr 2 with 1787 viewsbilllm

I said that number 15, I was in the north stand I saw it, ref n lino saw fall for 95 minutes, how I can see that where I'm seated and they can't from 30ft amazing, but is it really, not in this league,
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 20:08 - Apr 2 with 1727 viewsVeggie

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 18:29 - Apr 2 by Stewart27

Based on what?

He’s really not good enough is he? Spends too much time looking to sh1t house or wind up opposition players, because I think deep down he knows he’s not good enough now that the standard of the squad has improved. We really need an intelligent, quick, strong, clinical finisher next season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 20:09]
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 20:57 - Apr 2 with 1554 views66notout

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 20:08 - Apr 2 by Veggie

He’s really not good enough is he? Spends too much time looking to sh1t house or wind up opposition players, because I think deep down he knows he’s not good enough now that the standard of the squad has improved. We really need an intelligent, quick, strong, clinical finisher next season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 20:09]

There is no room for Norwood in any team or, for that matter, club with genuine ambition. Ditto Bonne, Pigott and, in my opinion, Jackson, although it appears he is to be granted a second chance, which I believe the owners will live to regret. Noting personal, you understand, but in my view none of our four current strikers have done enough to earn deals here. Check the stats if you like, and if you are going to remind me of Bonne’s contribution during the early part of the season, please don’t bother. It’s meaningless based on what he has failed to achieve since then and McKenna obviously isn’t keen in any case.
I believe the issue should have been addressed in January but the chief executive clearly thought otherwise. Still, we’ve bought some land where Staples used to be, so I’m sure everything’s going to be just fine.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 21:48 - Apr 2 with 1424 viewsBlueForYou

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 20:57 - Apr 2 by 66notout

There is no room for Norwood in any team or, for that matter, club with genuine ambition. Ditto Bonne, Pigott and, in my opinion, Jackson, although it appears he is to be granted a second chance, which I believe the owners will live to regret. Noting personal, you understand, but in my view none of our four current strikers have done enough to earn deals here. Check the stats if you like, and if you are going to remind me of Bonne’s contribution during the early part of the season, please don’t bother. It’s meaningless based on what he has failed to achieve since then and McKenna obviously isn’t keen in any case.
I believe the issue should have been addressed in January but the chief executive clearly thought otherwise. Still, we’ve bought some land where Staples used to be, so I’m sure everything’s going to be just fine.

Agree with your assessment of our Strikers! That department needs a complete clear out & restructure for next season.
Norwood took one for the team there ... on 21:53 - Apr 2 with 1397 viewshype313

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 19:54 - Apr 2 by longtimefan

Actually thought that today Norwood did as well as he could given the way we play, especially against a team that don’t commit too many forward and rarely leaves space behind. His first touch was good all game and he was making lots of run but unfortunately our build up is to slow and measured for there to be much space. I think it’s been an issue every time we play a team like today. I really wouldn’t want to be the central striker in our formation as you seem to rarely get fed the ball. I’m not sure any of our forwards would have made much impression today and I’m really not sure exactly what attributes a replacement would need.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 19:56]

Probably the last time we see Norwood for Town again after today, and rightly so.

He's bang average and earning a small fortune.

We need a complete reset and I wouldn't be fussed if all of Jackson, Norwood, Bonne and Pigott were let go.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 22:33 - Apr 2 with 1305 viewsStewart27

Norwood took one for the team there ... on 21:53 - Apr 2 by hype313

Probably the last time we see Norwood for Town again after today, and rightly so.

He's bang average and earning a small fortune.

We need a complete reset and I wouldn't be fussed if all of Jackson, Norwood, Bonne and Pigott were let go.

Agree.

We are so reliant on the defence. Conceding one goal every so often happens. When it happens to us at the moment it’s a 50% chance we lose the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024