Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last 5 games 17:12 - Apr 2 with 425 viewsquirkie

I guess now that the play offs have gone time to experiment a bit, it is going to be a long 4 months until next season.

As much as I admire McKenna for what he is doing and picking up the pieces after the disaster that was Cook, it does seem very much a missed opportunity here.

Just hoping that we are not in another false dawn and come end of October we are still no better than 9th.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 17:13]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Last 5 games on 17:18 - Apr 2 with 376 viewsGuthrum

It was a vanishingly narrow opportunity, given the performance of the teams already occupying the top positions in the table. None of them has slipped up enough to give away their already considerable lead.

McKenna is not responsible for that. The charge we have mounted - with a team which had not performed well more than a few times in the first half of the season and was thoroughly demoralised - would have been enough to get in the play-offs in any other season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Last 5 games on 18:15 - Apr 2 with 279 viewsWestover

I think for the last five games we should play the players we intend to keep here next season, so I would not be playing Thompson or Carroll or any others that KMc does not want for next season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 18:16]
Last 5 games on 18:21 - Apr 2 with 255 viewsjas0999

Last 5 games on 18:15 - Apr 2 by Westover

I think for the last five games we should play the players we intend to keep here next season, so I would not be playing Thompson or Carroll or any others that KMc does not want for next season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 18:16]

Agree. You would think Bonne is unlikely to return
Last 5 games on 18:24 - Apr 2 with 252 viewsstonojnr

When McKenna took over the mood music on this very board was the season was completely over & we'd be lucky to finish mid table with the misfits we had, some even expected a relegation fight. That McKenna has had a team playing since then accumulating an average of two points per game which is not just promotion form but actually league winning form over a season and might, there's always a chance till its mathematically impossible, have only taken the team within 5 games of making the playoffs.

How can anyone think this is a missed opportunity ? It was an opportunity created out of nothing,so the future is most definitely bright, we have a manager who is capable of bringing the best out of the players we've got, and will target new additions that will get us out of this league.

Burleys first full season in charge we missed the playoffs because we couldnt break down teams determined to play for a draw, you know what happened next.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024