Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carroll <—> Bakinson 17:33 - Apr 2 with 1271 viewsStrimmer

Radio suffolk lots of comments that this was the big mistake today. Interested to hear from people who saw the game. Did seem an odd choice since Baks been growing into his role quite well recently

Poll: Was it a punch?

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:34 - Apr 2 with 1246 viewsbilllm

No point changing it Carroll and Thompson shouldn't wear the shirt again,
Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:35 - Apr 2 with 1227 viewsBigCommon

It's easy with hindsight... But I was surprised Bakinson didn't start today..
Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:36 - Apr 2 with 1216 viewsIllinoisblue

Carroll was terrible. He had one nice cross field pass in the first half. And gave the ball away about 15 times.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:38 - Apr 2 with 1183 viewsChrisd

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:36 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

Carroll was terrible. He had one nice cross field pass in the first half. And gave the ball away about 15 times.

Carroll has underwhelmed all season when he's had his chances. For his pedigree, you're expecting more.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:40 - Apr 2 with 1149 viewspointofblue

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:35 - Apr 2 by BigCommon

It's easy with hindsight... But I was surprised Bakinson didn't start today..

Carroll for Bakinson ran an alarm bell when I saw the alarm bell and the noise became deafening. Not sure what McKenna was thinking. One area where Dyer may have a point - as another poster said how bad must Humphrys be for Carroll to be ahead of him?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:40 - Apr 2 with 1150 viewsIllinoisblue

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:38 - Apr 2 by Chrisd

Carroll has underwhelmed all season when he's had his chances. For his pedigree, you're expecting more.

Indeed. And to be fair, Morsy wasn’t a lot better.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:42 - Apr 2 with 1129 viewsChrisd

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:40 - Apr 2 by Illinoisblue

Indeed. And to be fair, Morsy wasn’t a lot better.

but Morsy is our best CM midfielder. We all have bad games, but Carroll seems to have a lot where he has little impact or influence.

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 1112 viewspointofblue

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:42 - Apr 2 by Chrisd

but Morsy is our best CM midfielder. We all have bad games, but Carroll seems to have a lot where he has little impact or influence.

You can count the number of bad games from Morsy on one hand. In Carroll's case it's the number of good games that can be done for.

Login to get fewer ads

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:45 - Apr 2 with 1091 viewsKievthegreat

Carroll is always targeted and closed down, but he rarely actually gets tackled. Most of his dispossessions seemingly are from being forced into errors and giving away cheap interceptions. Given time and people making runs, he can make some lovely balls, but he's never going to regularly get that sort of time on the ball that he clearly loves.
Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:45 - Apr 2 with 1087 viewsjas0999

Carroll has been on the whole poor all season, plus lots of niggly injuries. I can’t see him being here next season.

Whether Bakinson is the answer remains to be seen. You would think we could attract better.
Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:47 - Apr 2 with 1068 viewsChrisd

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:45 - Apr 2 by jas0999

Carroll has been on the whole poor all season, plus lots of niggly injuries. I can’t see him being here next season.

Whether Bakinson is the answer remains to be seen. You would think we could attract better.

Then you throw in the fact Evans has been very hit and miss, sometimes really good and then other times hugely disappointing, you can then see why CM has been a problem area for us.

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:54 - Apr 2 with 1030 viewsRegencyBlue

It was a big mistake today.

Carroll isn’t a bad footballer but he has no physical presence whatsoever and that is what we needed in midfield today.

Having said that the majority of the team had an off day and when your goalkeeper is man of the match, which I think Walton was today, you know it’s not gone well!
Carroll <–> Bakinson on 18:11 - Apr 2 with 955 viewsBluecasp

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:54 - Apr 2 by RegencyBlue

Carroll isn’t a bad footballer but he has no physical presence whatsoever and that is what we needed in midfield today.

Having said that the majority of the team had an off day and when your goalkeeper is man of the match, which I think Walton was today, you know it’s not gone well!

Bakinson should have started. Carroll is too lightweight and just seems to slow play down. Was surprised he wasn't replaced at half time. For a must win game today there was a real lack of urgency and very little sustained pressure.
Carroll <–> Bakinson on 18:26 - Apr 2 with 900 viewspointofblue

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 17:54 - Apr 2 by RegencyBlue

At the very least, Bakinson should have come on for him at half time. The lack of half time changes when things are not working is annoying but seems to be a thing nowadays across the board, giving the starting XI 15 minutes to sort it out.

Carroll <–> Bakinson on 19:54 - Apr 2 with 758 viewsVeggie

Carroll was ineffective today. Lightweight and gave the ball away quite a lot. Who knows whether Bakinson
would have done any better?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 19:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024