Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are 08:37 - Apr 3 with 3562 viewsunstableblue

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/stu-says-itfc-0-cambridge-united-1-880

Agree with everything he says

Ipswich are a ninth placed league one side, that is our position. We don’t score enough goals to be anything more. We have failed to beat the 4 promoted sides. A loss and draw against Cheltenham, a draw and loss against Cambridge, two defeats to Bolton and a pair of draws against Morecambe

We were outfought by Cambridge United.

Hopefully a wake up call for McKenna, the club and the fans. Need 4 or 5 very good signings this summer.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:01]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:38 - Apr 3 with 3043 viewsITFC_Forever

Andy Warren didn’t nail anything.

Stuart Watson on the other hand…

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:40 - Apr 3 with 3011 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

“ STUART WATSON reflects on the action”

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:44 - Apr 3 with 2990 viewsbluejacko

So what were they saying when we beat Plymouth then? Seems to me they judge on every game differently!
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:48 - Apr 3 with 2924 viewsChrisd

We haven’t beaten all 4 of the promoted sides. 4pts from a possible 24.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:51 - Apr 3 with 2910 viewstownblue

While I generally agree with his 'blame game' point, it doesn't make it any less bloody annoying to sit and watch every week. Football needs some rule changes (stop the watch?) to eradicate these issues.
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:04 - Apr 3 with 2816 viewsbournemouthblue

We need a decent left wing back, similar in the mould to Burns and some strikers who suit McKenna's style

I also wouldn't mind another big athletic central midfielder to back Morsy up

Get these and we will storm the league next season

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:11 - Apr 3 with 2771 viewsunstableblue

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:04 - Apr 3 by bournemouthblue

We need a decent left wing back, similar in the mould to Burns and some strikers who suit McKenna's style

Agree

We need a good understudy for Burns and Morsy, if they get injured the team gets too weak.

We need a good left sided wing back

We need 2 or 3 high quality strikers

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:11 - Apr 3 with 2769 viewsChrisd

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:04 - Apr 3 by bournemouthblue

That right side of ours works really well, we haven’t got that same level of impact on that left side and teams know that, so if they can shut us down on that right flank then they know they have restricted a lot of our attacking threat. I’ve been saying this all season about our CM, Morsy is our best midfielder, but he needs a partner. Evans is too inconsistent when fit, but he’d be a great option off the bench next season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:49 - Apr 3 with 2632 viewsITFC_Forever

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:38 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Forever

Andy Warren didn’t nail anything.

Stuart Watson on the other hand…

Don’t go editing the title now….
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 9:50]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:51 - Apr 3 with 2618 viewsBiGDonnie

Andy Warren nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:44 - Apr 3 by bluejacko

So what were they saying when we beat Plymouth then? Seems to me they judge on every game differently!

Agreed, as do the OP here and a fair few on TWTD.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:54 - Apr 3 with 2593 viewspointofblue

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:11 - Apr 3 by unstableblue

Agree

We need a good understudy for Burns and Morsy, if they get injured the team gets too weak.

We need a good left sided wing back

We need 2 or 3 high quality strikers

We’re in League One. We’re not going to have 22 players of superior ability right across the squad - are you telling me the likes of Wigan, Rotherham and the Dons have? Part of it is luck with a lack of injuries (and unfortunately Morsy is a walking yellow card so increases the possibility of suspension); as well as Burgess and Bakinson have done, losing Edmundson and Evans has been a blow plus Jackson is a massive loss due to our tactical approach.

Agree we need to strengthen the left side and up front. I am concerned we’re going to lose Morsy over the summer so replacing him would be key. We will have a space in midfield as Carroll will surely leave.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:57 - Apr 3 with 2587 viewsGuthrum

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 08:51 - Apr 3 by townblue

While I generally agree with his 'blame game' point, it doesn't make it any less bloody annoying to sit and watch every week. Football needs some rule changes (stop the watch?) to eradicate these issues.

Really, it's up to Town to make sure we are the team a goal up with 30 minutes to go. Then opposition timewasting ceases to be an issue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 10:20 - Apr 3 with 2513 viewsunstableblue

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 09:57 - Apr 3 by Guthrum

Really, it's up to Town to make sure we are the team a goal up with 30 minutes to go. Then opposition timewasting ceases to be an issue.

Totally agree.

Also Cambridge really weren’t that bad on time wasting and sh!thousery (one of the words of the season) compared to others.

We have to score in the first half, and we have to have greater energy and aggression and critically attacking intent.

How Rotherham played at PR is a benchmark for us… it was a blitzkrieg

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 10:45 - Apr 3 with 2438 viewstractorboy1978

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 10:20 - Apr 3 by unstableblue

Totally agree.

Also Cambridge really weren’t that bad on time wasting and sh!thousery (one of the words of the season) compared to others.

We have to score in the first half, and we have to have greater energy and aggression and critically attacking intent.

How Rotherham played at PR is a benchmark for us… it was a blitzkrieg

Agreed re Cambridge - I thought they were pretty canny and managed the game really well without taking the p!ss as many clubs have done at PR this season.

I'm not really sure yesterday was a wake up call. We didn't learn anything new. We are a side that is 80% there, just needs a few tweaks over the summer and a solid 6 weeks or so on the training pitch.
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 15:15 - Apr 3 with 2101 viewsVic

I doubt it was a wake up call for KM - he’s pretty well aware of where and what we are, and what we need to do to improve.

As others have said, results like yesterday happen - Chelsea v Brentford anyone! The crucial thing is through is to learn from them, or at least make sure such performances are very much one off affairs. One result doesn’t mean the wheels have come off - though it’s pretty much the first hit on the last nail nail in this seasons coffin.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 15:33 - Apr 3 with 2064 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 10:45 - Apr 3 by tractorboy1978

Agreed re Cambridge - I thought they were pretty canny and managed the game really well without taking the p!ss as many clubs have done at PR this season.

I'm not really sure yesterday was a wake up call. We didn't learn anything new. We are a side that is 80% there, just needs a few tweaks over the summer and a solid 6 weeks or so on the training pitch.

Agreed- the only team that’s run all over us is rotherham. If we play the same way next season against those teams but with goals , we should do better than 7th
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:00 - Apr 3 with 1964 viewsSwansea_Blue

They're desperate to fill column inches aren't they. We started the day 9th yesterday with virtually no chance of making the POs, we're still ninth with virtually no chance of making the POs. Hardly a wakeup call. We know we're knocking on the door of the top few, not not quite there.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:09 - Apr 3 with 1936 viewsBluearmy71

All Watson & Warren care about is getting clicks on the EADT website and the advertising money more clicks generate, you can't read a single opinion of theirs without have it broken apart by multiple adverts, they may care about town but they care for their jobs more, people hold way too much weight with their opinions!

We are gonna finish mid table this season for no other reason than the terrible start we had under Cook's reign, its my opinion had KM taken over even a month earlier we'd be in the top six, ever since KM took over we always had a slim chance of making the play offs, we had nothing more than hope and anyone carrying any expectation of us making it no matter how well the lads played is/was being unrealistic, we still have a hope of making it into the top six still and as we all know anything can happen in football, but realistically its all about next season now and one thing is for sure we have a better manager starting the campaign for us next season than we had this!!
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:16 - Apr 3 with 1901 viewsFrimleyBlue

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:00 - Apr 3 by Swansea_Blue

They're desperate to fill column inches aren't they. We started the day 9th yesterday with virtually no chance of making the POs, we're still ninth with virtually no chance of making the POs. Hardly a wakeup call. We know we're knocking on the door of the top few, not not quite there.

They have a point based on everyone's reaction last night to replacing 1 or 2 of our attacking players.

People want promotion and have got sucked into the fancy football that they forget goals need to be scored to win games of football and many think we are only 2 or 3 players away from being strong enough. We aren't.

I do believe we will go up next season but that's because I see KM replacing a large quantity of our starting lineup with better players for his style of football.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:20 - Apr 3 with 1875 viewsFrimleyBlue

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:09 - Apr 3 by Bluearmy71

All Watson & Warren care about is getting clicks on the EADT website and the advertising money more clicks generate, you can't read a single opinion of theirs without have it broken apart by multiple adverts, they may care about town but they care for their jobs more, people hold way too much weight with their opinions!

We are gonna finish mid table this season for no other reason than the terrible start we had under Cook's reign, its my opinion had KM taken over even a month earlier we'd be in the top six, ever since KM took over we always had a slim chance of making the play offs, we had nothing more than hope and anyone carrying any expectation of us making it no matter how well the lads played is/was being unrealistic, we still have a hope of making it into the top six still and as we all know anything can happen in football, but realistically its all about next season now and one thing is for sure we have a better manager starting the campaign for us next season than we had this!!

We do need to stop this early season ruined the season business tho.

Absolutely played a big big part
But we've had some horrible results in this run in which would have had us in that top 6.

That's not saying KM has done a bad job. Far far from it before someone tries to twist it. He's done the job that we expected of PC and anyone who took over from P,C which was to take on one of if not the most expensive squad of league 1 players and perform like it too. We have unfortunately fallen short on a number of games which were not effected by the early season results..
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:25]

Waka waka eh eh

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:26 - Apr 3 with 1847 viewsSawtrich

I only think it's a wake up call if you were getting massively carried away. We've got an excellent record since KM became manager but we also have an obvious problem converting dominant possession into goals. It was always going to be a near impossible task to make the play offs from where we were. We now have a manager and squad capable of competing at the top of this division and I'm sure there will be some additions in the summer. Bring on next season but don't expect it to be easy. I'm sure we'll have a good chance.
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:12 - Apr 3 with 1762 viewsBluearmy71

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:20 - Apr 3 by FrimleyBlue

We do need to stop this early season ruined the season business tho.

Absolutely played a big big part
But we've had some horrible results in this run in which would have had us in that top 6.

That's not saying KM has done a bad job. Far far from it before someone tries to twist it. He's done the job that we expected of PC and anyone who took over from P,C which was to take on one of if not the most expensive squad of league 1 players and perform like it too. We have unfortunately fallen short on a number of games which were not effected by the early season results..
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:25]

Some results have been indifferent and had no effect I'm happy to agree with you but you are also not gonna win every game you play, I don't see how you can stop talking about such an important factor that was the start of the season when talking about the place we ultimately finish is dictated by the number of points from the season!

As I said this season we still have hope albeit paper thin, come next season I think everyone will be justified in having expectations of us finishing much higher than we are atm and I for one am really looking forward to it.

ALL of us want the same thing for our club and when we do get what we all want its gonna be fu**ing amazing!
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:26 - Apr 3 with 1700 viewsFrimleyBlue

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:12 - Apr 3 by Bluearmy71

Some results have been indifferent and had no effect I'm happy to agree with you but you are also not gonna win every game you play, I don't see how you can stop talking about such an important factor that was the start of the season when talking about the place we ultimately finish is dictated by the number of points from the season!

As I said this season we still have hope albeit paper thin, come next season I think everyone will be justified in having expectations of us finishing much higher than we are atm and I for one am really looking forward to it.

ALL of us want the same thing for our club and when we do get what we all want its gonna be fu**ing amazing!

It's been a strange period of the season for me.

The cleansheets have been incredible... can't knock it.
But it wasn't like we were a bottom of the table side who needed to sort it's defence out. We just needed something more going forwards which hasn't come. Something you can't really blame the early season results for I guess that's what I mean. We just kinda dried up to ensure we didn't concede which I'd understand if we were in a relegation battle rather than a promotion push. Should we have seen penney over Thompson. It may have upset the defensive set up.. but could it helped in the final third for example.

I think he's done a sterling job. But has he been a bit to cautious?

Waka waka eh eh

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:50 - Apr 3 with 1648 viewsxrayspecs

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 16:09 - Apr 3 by Bluearmy71

Four points from games v Bolton, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Cambridge.

Two points from 12 for both Cook and McKenna.
Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 18:01 - Apr 3 with 1601 viewsTonytown

Stuart Watson nails yesterday: a bit of a wake-up call as to where Town are on 17:50 - Apr 3 by xrayspecs

Four points from games v Bolton, Morecambe, Cheltenham and Cambridge.

Two points from 12 for both Cook and McKenna.

In his 18 games here we are 6th in the form table.

A big improvement on what went on before, but more is needed.

I’m really interested to see what business we do in the summer and how McKennas team does next year.

There is the basis of a very good team here already that needs a few more players added to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024