Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest takeaway from yesterday 10:50 - Apr 3 with 1655 viewsGarv

which Burns pointed out post match... we're trying to score the perfect goal.

Until we start scoring from set pieces, crosses from wide (not just from the byline), and shots from outside the box, we're going nowhere.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 10:55 - Apr 3 with 1609 viewsstrikalite

At last, nail on the head, overplaying is our problem, trying the score the perfect goal with thirty odd passes, great on the training pitch, it looks so impressive when it come off but boy it rarely does on match day itself with the oppo having nine men camped behind the ball being organized..
Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 10:58 - Apr 3 with 1593 viewsFrimleyBlue

Also... do we have an unusually low amount of freekicks outside the opponents box?

Watching quest just now freekicks galore outside the boxes yet I can't really say town seem to get many.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 1481 viewsIllinoisblue

We do need to mix it up. One of the very few chances we created - and it was a good chance - was when Wolf pumped it long to Norwood in the second half.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 11:32 - Apr 3 with 1457 viewsnoggin

Exactly.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 11:50 - Apr 3 with 1405 viewsstrikalite

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 11:29 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

We do need to mix it up. One of the very few chances we created - and it was a good chance - was when Wolf pumped it long to Norwood in the second half.

ten minutes to go with injury time on top and we're one down with the season resting on us winning.....surely plan B at this point, play it long(i know people hate hearing this)and pick up the second ball from there, cause havoc in their box for the last 10+ minutes..
Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 1354 viewsPiercingBlue

Nacton Road chippy
Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 12:21 - Apr 3 with 1318 viewsLankHenners

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 11:29 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

Had another chance like that but Norwood went down under little pressure (though arguably about as much pressure which was applied to win them the free kick they scored from) when if we'd have had Jackson available he'd have had the legs to sprint clean through.

Carroll ripe for picking on yesterday but there were occasions where we had someone darting in behind when he had the ball but he kept holding it until the options were closed off then went backwards which was very frustrating. I appreciate McKenna likes to keep possession and not give the ball away cheaply which is fine and we suffocate teams when it works well but yesterday we needed that alternative tactic. I'm sure his counter argument to that would be it's much easier/more effective to try that when you have someone of Jackson's pace up front. Can see us looking for a similar type of striker in the summer in addition to a new contract for KJ.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 14:01 - Apr 3 with 1132 viewsElderGrizzly

Without Jackson we have a woeful lack of pace, so we are restricted to more ‘precise’ build up.

No surprise McKenna’s better team performances have come from having Jackson as an outlet.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 16:34 - Apr 3 with 976 viewsGarv

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 12:21 - Apr 3 by LankHenners

Had another chance like that but Norwood went down under little pressure (though arguably about as much pressure which was applied to win them the free kick they scored from) when if we'd have had Jackson available he'd have had the legs to sprint clean through.

Carroll ripe for picking on yesterday but there were occasions where we had someone darting in behind when he had the ball but he kept holding it until the options were closed off then went backwards which was very frustrating. I appreciate McKenna likes to keep possession and not give the ball away cheaply which is fine and we suffocate teams when it works well but yesterday we needed that alternative tactic. I'm sure his counter argument to that would be it's much easier/more effective to try that when you have someone of Jackson's pace up front. Can see us looking for a similar type of striker in the summer in addition to a new contract for KJ.

Norwood is perfectly capable at running behind, as shown with his chance late on, so Carroll should've been happy to play those passes. He seemed unhappy to try a risky pass and like you say often just chose the safe one.

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 19:11 - Apr 3 with 855 viewsLankHenners

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 16:34 - Apr 3 by Garv

Norwood is perfectly capable at running behind, as shown with his chance late on, so Carroll should've been happy to play those passes. He seemed unhappy to try a risky pass and like you say often just chose the safe one.

He's not even close to Jackson's pace - it's a big asset.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 23:42 - Apr 3 with 698 viewsGarv

Biggest takeaway from yesterday on 19:11 - Apr 3 by LankHenners

He's not even close to Jackson's pace - it's a big asset.

No he's not, but he can do the same job and also provide other attributes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024