Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positions to fill in the summer 12:38 - Apr 3 with 632 viewsnodge_blue

1. New left wing back. We need a Wes Burns on the left. That maybe too much to ask, but certainly someone more attacking than what we have. Thompson isn't anywhere near PL standard and I think would be available, but I don't think he is effective as a wing back. Got hooked for losing his cool again plus some awful crosses into the box.

2. New centre forward. We need someone with more physical presence and can hold the ball up. An Ironside or a Stockton perhaps. Essential.

3. Another centre mid. More physical but still technical.

4. If we don't keep Celina then someone else for that role. I think him, Chaplin and Aluko are all good players but maybe a little too similar. They probably aren't creating enough either.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Positions to fill in the summer on 13:02 - Apr 3 with 575 viewsquad

1, Agree. I like Thompson but I think he's a left back not a left wing back. And Penney's not the answer but he's okay for backup.

2, New centre forward. Not a physical presence though, Norwood and Bonne already offer that. We need a quick fox-in-the-box type striker. An upgrade on Jackson.

3, I really like Bakinson and think we should persevere with him, especially as he can sit deep and give Morsy an opportunity to get forward more where he is at his best. Evans is also a very good player at this level. Don't think we need another CM. We should bin off Carroll and use the U23 lad as cover.

4, Agreed, but I think Celina will stay. McKenna shouldn't play Chaplin and Aluko together, maybe one of them needs to go.
Positions to fill in the summer on 13:59 - Apr 3 with 513 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Positions to fill in the summer on 13:02 - Apr 3 by quad

1, Agree. I like Thompson but I think he's a left back not a left wing back. And Penney's not the answer but he's okay for backup.

2, New centre forward. Not a physical presence though, Norwood and Bonne already offer that. We need a quick fox-in-the-box type striker. An upgrade on Jackson.

3, I really like Bakinson and think we should persevere with him, especially as he can sit deep and give Morsy an opportunity to get forward more where he is at his best. Evans is also a very good player at this level. Don't think we need another CM. We should bin off Carroll and use the U23 lad as cover.

4, Agreed, but I think Celina will stay. McKenna shouldn't play Chaplin and Aluko together, maybe one of them needs to go.

I’m hoping Edwards could fill 1. His pace would frighten opponents stiff and perhaps create more space for Wes

Poll: Our final position

Positions to fill in the summer on 15:38 - Apr 3 with 451 viewsnodge_blue

Positions to fill in the summer on 13:59 - Apr 3 by southnorfolkblue

I’m hoping Edwards could fill 1. His pace would frighten opponents stiff and perhaps create more space for Wes

I think thats a possibility but Edwards also needs to sharpen up his creativity final third play.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Positions to fill in the summer on 15:44 - Apr 3 with 442 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the key positions are:

A striker who is consistent in finding the net.
Back up goal keeper better than the current back up.
A versatile defensive midfield player who can provide adequate cover for Morsy.

Aside from that we need to trim the squad and work on developing partnerships and improving the players we have.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Positions to fill in the summer on 16:04 - Apr 3 with 392 viewsVeggie

There was a thread on here before Saturday’s game saying how brilliant Thompson is and that it’s part of a genius master plan that he never attacks and fills in as left back. Balls. We need more attacking threat down the left as Burns can’t do it all by himself. Otherwise what’s the point of three centre backs? No wonder we don’t create enough chances.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2022 16:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024