Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in 16:32 - Apr 3 with 1566 viewsBLUEBEAT

N to the T

Poll: W or W

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 21:43 - Apr 3 with 1484 viewsArnieM

I said that a couple of weeks ago on here when I said Thompson doesn’t get forward enough and do just that . We haven’t got a decent left wing back or left back at this club , yet !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 23:40 - Apr 3 with 1408 viewsGarv

We've missed him during two spells now this season.

Not as good as Thompson defensively but miles better going forward. McKenna needs to work out if he wants us to start scoring from wide crosses or whether he just wants to be solid defensively and try and hope the no.10s can pass the ball into the goal.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:10 - Apr 4 with 1251 viewsportmanroadblue

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 23:40 - Apr 3 by Garv

We've missed him during two spells now this season.

Not as good as Thompson defensively but miles better going forward. McKenna needs to work out if he wants us to start scoring from wide crosses or whether he just wants to be solid defensively and try and hope the no.10s can pass the ball into the goal.

The think with Thompson is he's defensive minded which is good but what it means is the left sided winger "No 10" needs to be making runs and finding space for him to create the same attacking approach Burns gives us as an ovelapping/attacking wing back.
Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:19 - Apr 4 with 1225 viewsWickets

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 21:43 - Apr 3 by ArnieM

I said that a couple of weeks ago on here when I said Thompson doesn’t get forward enough and do just that . We haven’t got a decent left wing back or left back at this club , yet !

I agree and if we had not lost Coulsen first to injury and then Mborro calling him back , incidentally i was told that they where annoyed at PC trying to keep him on the pitch when clearly injured and asking to be replaced, we would be trying to sign him now .
Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:21 - Apr 4 with 1214 viewsclive_baker

He's as weak as p1ss. I thought Thompson was pretty poor on Saturday but wasn't deserving of the abuse he was getting, and generally speaking is better than Penney. An example of a player getting better the longer they're out of the side IMO. If anyone is going to get the next 5 games there it might as well be KVY, he would be an asset if he could find anything like the form of old.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:42 - Apr 4 with 1148 viewsLankHenners

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:21 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

He's as weak as p1ss. I thought Thompson was pretty poor on Saturday but wasn't deserving of the abuse he was getting, and generally speaking is better than Penney. An example of a player getting better the longer they're out of the side IMO. If anyone is going to get the next 5 games there it might as well be KVY, he would be an asset if he could find anything like the form of old.

Yep, he’s a liability defensively and can’t recall him making much of an impact going forwards. If he’s the answer god knows what the question is.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:58 - Apr 4 with 1116 viewsfranz_tyson

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 21:43 - Apr 3 by ArnieM

Don't think Thompson and Penney are the answer. Easy for us to not pursue Thompson, but I wouldn't mind if we could offload Penney or loan him out. Maybe iNdaba could be the back up LB/LWB next season and let's bring in a proper LWB who can at least beat a full back and deliver early crosses in.
Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 12:27 - Apr 4 with 1060 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:58 - Apr 4 by franz_tyson

Don't think Thompson and Penney are the answer. Easy for us to not pursue Thompson, but I wouldn't mind if we could offload Penney or loan him out. Maybe iNdaba could be the back up LB/LWB next season and let's bring in a proper LWB who can at least beat a full back and deliver early crosses in.

Would agree with this. The thing which makes it really clear we need an out and out LWB, is when you remember that Thompson and Burns play in the same position (albeit on different flanks).

Just imagine if we had a left footed Burns tearing up the left hand side too.
Login to get fewer ads

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 19:38 - Apr 4 with 871 viewsLeoMuff

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 12:27 - Apr 4 by Matt_Netherlands

Would agree with this. The thing which makes it really clear we need an out and out LWB, is when you remember that Thompson and Burns play in the same position (albeit on different flanks).

Just imagine if we had a left footed Burns tearing up the left hand side too.

Kane Wilson

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 07:50 - Apr 5 with 725 viewsmrshallisfit

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:42 - Apr 4 by LankHenners

Yep, he’s a liability defensively and can’t recall him making much of an impact going forwards. If he’s the answer god knows what the question is.

The inevitability of KVY going back to Colchester within 2 years.
Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 08:28 - Apr 5 with 686 viewsfranz_tyson

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 11:21 - Apr 4 by clive_baker

Real pity with KVY. But we're really looking at only 8-9 appearances pre-injury when he first came here and he looked a superstar. That was 2 1/2 years ago.
Maybe KVY could be back up to Burns. But think McK was looking at Edwards on that right-hand side as an option. Wouldn't rule him out as a converted LWB possibility.
Maybe with the season gone, we could look at either Penney or KVY on that left hand side, but I don't think they're good enough. If possible, move them both on or at least one of them. The squad still looks a bit bloated and we need to offload a few more. Ndaba may not be a natural LWB, but he's getting praise for his strength and athletiscm and could be an option next season to fill in at LCB/LB/LWB. Just go for a proper LWB who can handle defensive duties and get up and down that wing.
Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 18:06 - Apr 5 with 500 viewsGarv

Penney is pretty good at putting decent crosses in on 08:28 - Apr 5 by franz_tyson

Real pity with KVY. But we're really looking at only 8-9 appearances pre-injury when he first came here and he looked a superstar. That was 2 1/2 years ago.
Maybe KVY could be back up to Burns. But think McK was looking at Edwards on that right-hand side as an option. Wouldn't rule him out as a converted LWB possibility.
Maybe with the season gone, we could look at either Penney or KVY on that left hand side, but I don't think they're good enough. If possible, move them both on or at least one of them. The squad still looks a bit bloated and we need to offload a few more. Ndaba may not be a natural LWB, but he's getting praise for his strength and athletiscm and could be an option next season to fill in at LCB/LB/LWB. Just go for a proper LWB who can handle defensive duties and get up and down that wing.

Penney seems to have a tag of being a liability defensively, although I disagree. But if you're looking for someone to get up and down and deliver crosses he's perfect.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024