Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When we signed Conor Chaplin 10:08 - Apr 4 with 1776 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Does anyone have any idea what position he was signed to play. Or where he played at Barnsley?

Not a criticism of him, he’s a really good footballer and probably our best finisher. Just curious as to whether he has always been a 10.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 10:33 - Apr 4 with 1677 viewsRobTheMonk

He's a busy little player with a good strike on him. He does frustrate me at times when he tries one of his flicks which nornally gives possession away. He's been doing that less in recent games though so I wonder of someone's had a word.
When we signed Conor Chaplin on 10:39 - Apr 4 with 1628 viewsportmanroadblue

Think he should be played behind the striker with Celina on the right and Aluko on the left.
When we signed Conor Chaplin on 11:01 - Apr 4 with 1540 viewsGlasgowBlue

I still say we should play him in the middle of a front 3 of Celina, Chaplin and Aluko.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 11:25 - Apr 4 with 1448 viewsgordon

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 11:01 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

I still say we should play him in the middle of a front 3 of Celina, Chaplin and Aluko.

Agree with that, think that I'd probably choose Jackson if he was fit and also give some game time to Simpson as a central striker between now and the end of the season, but I've always liked Chaplin when he's playing in more advanced positions.

Presume that Norwood, Bonne and Pigott aren't going to be here next season, so may as well try Chaplin & Simpson in that role before the end of this season.
When we signed Conor Chaplin on 12:42 - Apr 4 with 1259 viewsdirtyboy

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 11:25 - Apr 4 by gordon

Agree with that, think that I'd probably choose Jackson if he was fit and also give some game time to Simpson as a central striker between now and the end of the season, but I've always liked Chaplin when he's playing in more advanced positions.

Presume that Norwood, Bonne and Pigott aren't going to be here next season, so may as well try Chaplin & Simpson in that role before the end of this season.

I really rate Chaplin, great footballer, decent pace, but obviously lacks aerial physicality which I think McKenna and his team are really pushing for.

Remember McCarthy always said a good big one will always beat a good little one.

Chaplin makes up for his size with great attitude and tenacity though and with the right players around him, I'd be happy with him up front (Defoe did it) but the system would need to suit.

No idea what happens this summer though.

Hope Chaplin stays is all i'd say.
When we signed Conor Chaplin on 12:46 - Apr 4 with 1246 viewswkj

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 12:42 - Apr 4 by dirtyboy

I really rate Chaplin, great footballer, decent pace, but obviously lacks aerial physicality which I think McKenna and his team are really pushing for.

Remember McCarthy always said a good big one will always beat a good little one.

Chaplin makes up for his size with great attitude and tenacity though and with the right players around him, I'd be happy with him up front (Defoe did it) but the system would need to suit.

No idea what happens this summer though.

Hope Chaplin stays is all i'd say.

He also has a first touch issue some of the time. Every now and again he has Gwion Edwards moments of control, this would be a significant area of improvement for him.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 14:19 - Apr 4 with 1068 viewsScuzzer

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 11:01 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

Too small for this. Would get lost against the big centre halves in this league.

Established 1968

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 15:08 - Apr 4 with 998 viewscressi

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 14:19 - Apr 4 by Scuzzer

Too small for this. Would get lost against the big centre halves in this league.

Although got a fair few goals I'm not overly impressed think better teams to strong and powerful for him nothing like Defoe I'm afraid so not worried is stays or goes I would rather try and keep Celina
Login to get fewer ads

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 18:18 - Apr 4 with 877 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's a difficult one.

I have been surprised we haven't seen him on his own with celina and Aluko behind just to see if it did anything.

I'm not sure how best to use him. People speak of his goal total.
But for his position he has 7 goals and 2 assists in the league. ( a Google stat ) is that good enough?

I'm a fan of him. His goal v pompy away was brilliant. But he's turned into a bit of a meh player.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 18:21]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

When we signed Conor Chaplin on 19:00 - Apr 4 with 826 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul Cook certainly had no idea.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024