Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe & Oxford games in hand 14:29 - Apr 4 with 1853 viewsPinewoodblue

Both play their game in hand tomorrow. If results don’t go our way we will be 6pts off 8th place.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:30 - Apr 4 with 1831 viewstextbackup

happy monday to you too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:38 - Apr 4 with 1787 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think we've all made our peace with that one after Saturday...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:40 - Apr 4 with 1768 viewsChrisd

It's the 'HOPE' that kills you!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:42 - Apr 4 with 1758 viewsPinewoodblue

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:30 - Apr 4 by textbackup

happy monday to you too

If you really want to be depressed consider this fact. Had we averaged 2 pts a game against the four promoted sides we would currently be sitting on 77 pts and still have an outside chance of automatic promotion.

Don’t even think about where Plymouth were 12 months ago.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:47 - Apr 4 with 1715 viewsHighgateBlue

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:42 - Apr 4 by Pinewoodblue

If you really want to be depressed consider this fact. Had we averaged 2 pts a game against the four promoted sides we would currently be sitting on 77 pts and still have an outside chance of automatic promotion.

Plymouth improved. Cook gave them our player of the year, and then proceeded to let in 2 goals every game. Plymouth meanwhile went from conceding 80 goals in a season, to 40 goals in 41 games.

And KMac broke club records for minutes without conceding, with essentially the same defensive personnel at his disposal as Cook had.

Why so many numbskulls on here persisted in thinking Cook was the Messiah merely because he smiled more than previous Pauls is beyond me...
Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:47 - Apr 4 with 1714 viewshype313

So, you're saying we have a chance

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:58 - Apr 4 with 1674 viewsWD19

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 14:42 - Apr 4 by Pinewoodblue

I can't see past the 10 points sitting in the buckets labelled Cambridge & Cheltenham.
Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 15:02 - Apr 4 with 1667 viewsGarv

Bloody Pompey could go above us if they win their games in hand!

I'm almost glad the dream is over now as opposed to on the last day, because we were never going to do it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 15:11 - Apr 4 with 1628 viewsSitfcB

Don’t care anymore.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 15:16 - Apr 4 with 1611 viewsGlasgowBlue

And if they do go our way then we'll be six off 6th with 5 games left.

Either way, by 10pm tomorrow night we'll know whether our season is dead or still hanging in on life support.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 15:48 - Apr 4 with 1521 viewsFtnfwest

What will be will be, however i'm hoping that when the players ask KM who's in the team for Saturday he doesn't say 'dunno, can't be bothered anymore it's over' like the majority on here. When it's mathematically impossible i'll give up.
Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 16:24 - Apr 4 with 1437 viewspeterleeblue

I don't actually believe tomorrow is necessarily the defining moment. In fact positive results here would be a bonus

It will of course depend on us winning all 5 games and therefore in the process beat Wigan and Rotherham. Surely with what's at stake for them they will come at us and the game(s) will be open.
There are a set of very feasible results that could yet see the door reopen and at least extend the season. Take a look at the League Calculator. Its a long shot but not impossible. However the lack of goals will probably do for us and sadly the mood music from the players suggest the game may be up.

However, Easter can be a funny time. I learnt that fairly early on in 1981 when having went to Villa and won 2-1 and all but thought we had the title. We were then beaten by both a midtable Arsenal 2-0 at PR and then 1-0 at Carrow Road on the Easter Monday which in 3 days killed our title hopes. Villa would not have expected that.
Never give up and all that but I have to say miracles tend to happen elsewhere and not at Ipswich. No way but the hard way - and in our case that probably means another year in this utterly appalling league.
Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 17:24 - Apr 4 with 1344 viewsN2_Blue

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 15:16 - Apr 4 by GlasgowBlue

And if they do go our way then we'll be six off 6th with 5 games left.

Either way, by 10pm tomorrow night we'll know whether our season is dead or still hanging in on life support.

oh dear

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 17:38 - Apr 4 with 1313 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 16:24 - Apr 4 by peterleeblue

I don't actually believe tomorrow is necessarily the defining moment. In fact positive results here would be a bonus

It will of course depend on us winning all 5 games and therefore in the process beat Wigan and Rotherham. Surely with what's at stake for them they will come at us and the game(s) will be open.
There are a set of very feasible results that could yet see the door reopen and at least extend the season. Take a look at the League Calculator. Its a long shot but not impossible. However the lack of goals will probably do for us and sadly the mood music from the players suggest the game may be up.

However, Easter can be a funny time. I learnt that fairly early on in 1981 when having went to Villa and won 2-1 and all but thought we had the title. We were then beaten by both a midtable Arsenal 2-0 at PR and then 1-0 at Carrow Road on the Easter Monday which in 3 days killed our title hopes. Villa would not have expected that.
Never give up and all that but I have to say miracles tend to happen elsewhere and not at Ipswich. No way but the hard way - and in our case that probably means another year in this utterly appalling league.

What makes you think we can win all 5 when we just lost and the players already feel the season is over. I do wonder if some maybe felt it was already over before the game even kicked off sat by the level of performance.

It's defo over. But a good summer to come.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 23:13 - Apr 4 with 1017 viewspointofblue

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 16:24 - Apr 4 by peterleeblue

Failure to beat Bolton, Cambridge, Cheltenham and Morecambe plus we're incapable of winning three in a row (we did manage two in a row at the start of McKenna's reign but even that's dried up over the last month) and yet you still think we'll win all five? I doubt we'll even score in all five.

Sorry to sound bitter - after our performances against Portsmouth, Oxford and Plymouth (whilst not getting the points we deserved) I thought we had turned the corner. It's the hope that gets me and perhaps I'm trying to protect myself by not getting hopeful again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 06:42 - Apr 5 with 910 viewspeterleeblue

Wycombe & Oxford games in hand on 23:13 - Apr 4 by pointofblue

Failure to beat Bolton, Cambridge, Cheltenham and Morecambe plus we're incapable of winning three in a row (we did manage two in a row at the start of McKenna's reign but even that's dried up over the last month) and yet you still think we'll win all five? I doubt we'll even score in all five.

Sorry to sound bitter - after our performances against Portsmouth, Oxford and Plymouth (whilst not getting the points we deserved) I thought we had turned the corner. It's the hope that gets me and perhaps I'm trying to protect myself by not getting hopeful again.

I was truly gutted after the Cambridge game and despite all the positive strides under McKenna next season is simply that another season. Our form under the new manager is good but it would not even make top 2. I trust him to sign and Gamechanger to support what he needs however its another 46 game slog with injuries, suspensions and untold Sh!thousery to negotiate. Its not a given.
I was therefore looking for crumbs to still save this season. We will need results to go our way when they haven't by and large thus far. However, April can be a strange month results wise.

As you and others have said of course the odds are heavily stacked against us and Shreswbury away is such an obvious typical poor Ipswich result incoming and then it will be finally all over. At the very least Id really like the mathematics to still be possible when we play Rotherham and Wigan which I think have he potential to be open games as they HAVE to win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024