Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket: Help! 16:15 - Apr 4 with 2250 viewsSteve_ITFC_Sweden

As I'm retiring, I am soon to become Steve_ITFC_UK, so I'll need a season ticket. It's not been a problem to get single tickets in the past, but now all of my old preferences are already taken. Despite my age, I do like to make a bit of noise for the Tractor Boys, so it's always been SBR for me where possible. What is the "audience participation" like in the upper tier, e.g. sections 2 or 3, 'cos all of the decent spots in the lower tier seem to be sold? Do any of the other stands join in these days? All advice welcome.
Season ticket: Help! on 16:18 - Apr 4 with 2210 viewsTractorCam

Block U2 in the Cobbold lower seems to be building it's own reputation, although it's mostly young teenagers there definitely seems to be more adults adding to that every game.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Season ticket: Help! on 16:52 - Apr 4 with 2122 viewsITFC_Forever

Front of A Block were joining in well on Saturday as well.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Season ticket: Help! on 16:53 - Apr 4 with 2127 viewsScuzzer

I sit in the back of section 2 SBR Upper. It all depends what you are used to...for me it's just about right. Good view of the whole pitch. But if you want to stand that is only 'tolerated' in SBR Lower.

Established 1968

Season ticket: Help! on 17:31 - Apr 4 with 2049 viewsIllinoisblue

Season ticket: Help! on 16:18 - Apr 4 by TractorCam

Block U2 in the Cobbold lower seems to be building it's own reputation, although it's mostly young teenagers there definitely seems to be more adults adding to that every game.

They did a nice job of giving the linesman some strong advice near the end of Saturday’s game. Like to see some energy from the young uns.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Season ticket: Help! on 17:35 - Apr 4 with 2043 viewsLuggworm

It's always worth asking for a move. You can get a ST now and then as soon as the renewal period closes any ST not renewed will become available to move to. Check with the ticket office for the date to request the move. My lad did this last year and was able to move next to me.
Season ticket: Help! on 18:40 - Apr 4 with 1932 viewsMeadowlark

Season ticket: Help! on 17:31 - Apr 4 by Illinoisblue

They did a nice job of giving the linesman some strong advice near the end of Saturday’s game. Like to see some energy from the young uns.

That "advice" came across loud and clear in Upper Churchman's !
Season ticket: Help! on 20:14 - Apr 4 with 1807 viewsBrads

Season ticket: Help! on 17:35 - Apr 4 by Luggworm

It's always worth asking for a move. You can get a ST now and then as soon as the renewal period closes any ST not renewed will become available to move to. Check with the ticket office for the date to request the move. My lad did this last year and was able to move next to me.

Yeah loads became available in the SBRL at this stage last season because they don’t release seats from those who’ve moved until the non-renewals are released.
Season ticket: Help! on 20:32 - Apr 4 with 1751 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well done on getting the person next to you to move/not renew. I hope your son doesn't feel the same way by the end of a season sat next to you!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket: Help! on 20:38 - Apr 4 with 1728 viewsxrayspecs

Season ticket: Help! on 20:14 - Apr 4 by Brads

Yeah loads became available in the SBRL at this stage last season because they don’t release seats from those who’ve moved until the non-renewals are released.

This.

Get a S/T in your second best alternative - there is a strong case to be made for front of block A,

Call ticket office and tell them you would prefer SBR lower and ask to be put on the move list. There will be plenty of seats available in SBRL once the initial renewal period ends.

I had a ST in SBRL this season but decided to move back to the old West stand. My ST in SBRL appeared unavailable until the renewal period ended.

The earlier you speak to the Ticket Office, the more likely you are to get a seat in your preferred location.
Season ticket: Help! on 10:20 - Apr 5 with 1437 viewsPinewoodblue

Season ticket: Help! on 20:38 - Apr 4 by xrayspecs

This.

Get a S/T in your second best alternative - there is a strong case to be made for front of block A,

Call ticket office and tell them you would prefer SBR lower and ask to be put on the move list. There will be plenty of seats available in SBRL once the initial renewal period ends.

I had a ST in SBRL this season but decided to move back to the old West stand. My ST in SBRL appeared unavailable until the renewal period ended.

The earlier you speak to the Ticket Office, the more likely you are to get a seat in your preferred location.

Second best location would probably be somewhere you can see SBRL rather than SBRU.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Season ticket: Help! on 11:56 - Apr 5 with 1348 viewsSouperJim

If you want my advice, don't go for a lower tier in the side stands, the view is awful.

I'm led to believe there is "some" atmosphere in the upper north and folks often speak highly of the view. Could be a decent option.

I would speak to the ticket office and explain your conundrum. I would imagine if you grab the best seat you can in the lower north now, when the non-renewers get recycled they'll be able to move you to a better seat. Good luck!

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Season ticket: Help! on 11:57 - Apr 5 with 1339 viewsBobbychase

Block A in the Cobbold.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Season ticket: Help! on 13:07 - Apr 5 with 1260 viewsgeg1992

There seems to be a group making some noise in SAF Upper next to the away fans, if you can't get in Lower North.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Season ticket: Help! on 13:13 - Apr 5 with 1243 viewsStrimmer

I like the SBR upper but the noise only really gets going at flashpoints, not really like the lower at all. Sitting is the norm too.

I really love the view though. Not sure if its the steeper rake of a more modern stand but you feel like you're right on top of the action in that half. Imagine same in SAR upper.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Season ticket: Help! on 13:57 - Apr 5 with 1194 viewsStu_Magoo

This is good advice and what we did last year.

Went for SAR Upper, next to the away fans originally as we hoped for some atmosphere but then were lucky enough to see someone on here (thanks again!) saying two in SBR Lower came available. Club were really helpful even if we had to do this weird thing where I had the tickets in my basket and my friend had to tell me to remove them whilst he was on the phone to the ticket office to prove it was really us who had the two seats in the basket!
Season ticket: Help! on 17:46 - Apr 5 with 1072 viewshappybeingblue

depends what you want to listen or can tune out too my bro was in lower sir bob sat first few rows and didnt like it as those around him were characters telling mac bonne to feck off back to qpr etc and language and general idiocy did his head in :) he will sit in pioneer with me next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024