Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re all in it together 19:47 - Apr 4 with 706 viewsSwansea_Blue

Driving home tonight I heard on the radio that 4 Welsh AMS had been exonerated of having alcohol in a tea room when Wales had an alcohol ban at the height of the wave before Xmas. Apparently their behaviour might not have been according to the spirit of the law, but they were cleared of any wrong-doing.

The company who provided the drinks were fined for breaking the law.

Where do you even go with that? I haven’t mentioned the party(ies) involved as it’s irrelevant (and they didn’t mention it on the news item so I don’t know!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We’re all in it together on 19:55 - Apr 4 with 645 viewsChurchman

Anything that is one rule for the privileged and another for the plebs is not acceptable to me. I don’t care if it’s a member of the royals, a rich person, a Welsh MP or MP of any other U.K. country, the rules should apply to all - even more if you are in a position of responsibility.
We’re all in it together on 20:11 - Apr 4 with 584 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We’re all in it together on 19:55 - Apr 4 by Churchman

Anything that is one rule for the privileged and another for the plebs is not acceptable to me. I don’t care if it’s a member of the royals, a rich person, a Welsh MP or MP of any other U.K. country, the rules should apply to all - even more if you are in a position of responsibility.

And even more if the company supplying it are being prosecuted. What disgraceful double standards.

A nice pun that it was not in the spirit of the law, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We’re all in it together on 21:19 - Apr 4 with 494 viewsLord_Lucan

We’re all in it together on 20:11 - Apr 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

And even more if the company supplying it are being prosecuted. What disgraceful double standards.

A nice pun that it was not in the spirit of the law, though.

I'm not sure that's 100% correct as I think it was the Welsh parliaments canteen restaurant that served them and the person who was facing prosecution was the person serving (they shouldn't have served drinks) but I'm not sure if he / she did get prosecuted.

For the avoidance of doubt, if he / she did get prosecuted then of course they all should have.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2022 22:17]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024