Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else thinking the same? 14:29 - Apr 5 with 1871 viewsSTYG

That Derby seem to be getting an awful lot of time and chances that other clubs didn't get?

I will be honest and admit I may be wrong. Maybe Bury and Bolton and the likes of Macclesfield had the same time and it was completely different with their finances.

But it seems like the EFL are doing everything that can to help Derby out and prevent them from starting in the Derby and Mickleover Division Three next season.

There was even mention (in a reputable newspaper) that the EFL were considering a 15 point deduction (a further one) this season when it should be next, in the next few weeks, if they are likely already down by then.

Given that Bury were seemingly ruined by one person and Bolton had some complex issues, it seems highly unfair that Derby (who a lot of commentators seem to think have bent or broken the rules for many years) seem to get chance after chance.

On an ITFC level, it's also not ideal having another huge club in our division for future seasons.
Is anyone else thinking the same? on 14:35 - Apr 5 with 1825 viewshype313

Simon Jordan was saying earlier that the average time in Administration is 9 months, so in essence they are still within that timeframe.

Also sounded like this Chris Kirschner is now the preferred bidder, apparently he's worth $7b, so not ideal if they comedown and don't face a points deduction.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 15:42 - Apr 5 with 1679 viewsTangledupin_Blue

At least they weren't given a sparkling new stadium, bought and paid for from lottery funds, a la West Ham...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 1628 viewspointofblue

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 15:42 - Apr 5 by Tangledupin_Blue

At least they weren't given a sparkling new stadium, bought and paid for from lottery funds, a la West Ham...

Manchester City were similar weren’t they? The Etihad was originally built for the Commonwealth Games.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:18 - Apr 5 with 1568 viewsIllinoisblue

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 15:51 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

Manchester City were similar weren’t they? The Etihad was originally built for the Commonwealth Games.

And let’s not forget Leicester - now heralded as a model well-run ‘smaller’ club - cheated/finessed their way through FFP rules not so long ago.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:19 - Apr 5 with 1562 viewsjayessess

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 14:35 - Apr 5 by hype313

Simon Jordan was saying earlier that the average time in Administration is 9 months, so in essence they are still within that timeframe.

Also sounded like this Chris Kirschner is now the preferred bidder, apparently he's worth $7b, so not ideal if they comedown and don't face a points deduction.

Bury's financial troubles emerged in December 2018 and they'd been expelled from the football league by August 2019, so things do sometimes happen faster.

I guess Derby's case is helped by them (a) being a bigger club (b) being worth more money to buyers/creditors (c) having played most of their season already.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:45 - Apr 5 with 1486 viewshype313

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:19 - Apr 5 by jayessess

Bury's financial troubles emerged in December 2018 and they'd been expelled from the football league by August 2019, so things do sometimes happen faster.

I guess Derby's case is helped by them (a) being a bigger club (b) being worth more money to buyers/creditors (c) having played most of their season already.

Whilst it's not fair and should be one rule for everyone, but I do wonder if it was easier for HMRC to swallow Bury's £800k debt as opposed to Derby's £30m....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:52 - Apr 5 with 1465 viewsjayessess

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:45 - Apr 5 by hype313

Whilst it's not fair and should be one rule for everyone, but I do wonder if it was easier for HMRC to swallow Bury's £800k debt as opposed to Derby's £30m....

Yeah, best result for everyone in football and everyone they owe money to is that someone steps in and steadies the ship. Which is presumably why no-one is in any hurry to push them over the edge.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 17:34 - Apr 5 with 1346 viewsGuthrum

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:19 - Apr 5 by jayessess

It is the Administrators' responsibility to get as much for the club as possible - which is easier with a saleable prospect and buyers at least interested, than with a financial basket case and nobody sniffing around with actual, non-imaginary money.

Likewise, creditors are more prepared to hang on if they think there's at least some chance of getting a bit back, rather than that obviously not being the case.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 18:13 - Apr 5 with 1285 viewsDennyx4

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 17:34 - Apr 5 by Guthrum

It is the Administrators' responsibility to get as much for the club as possible - which is easier with a saleable prospect and buyers at least interested, than with a financial basket case and nobody sniffing around with actual, non-imaginary money.

Likewise, creditors are more prepared to hang on if they think there's at least some chance of getting a bit back, rather than that obviously not being the case.

I do think Derby have been very fortunate with how the Administrators have worked for them, choosing not to sell players in the January window, has assisted the club, but not helped the creditors.

Lawrence (for example) would have been snapped up by another club for £1 to £2m, if Derby had been forced to sell.
Is anyone else thinking the same? on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 1134 viewsHighgateBlue

Which are the EFL decisions to which you object?
Is anyone else thinking the same? on 19:49 - Apr 5 with 1097 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think it's about cash flow isn't it?

They can remain in admin for an initial 12 months and then apply for an extension for up to 6 months, so I assume as long as there is the cash flow to keep the club running I think that's the time frame, not sure what happens if you get to that time frame, one assumes wound up or sold to a highest bidder at that point?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 20:21 - Apr 5 with 1004 viewsBlueBadger

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:18 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

And let’s not forget Leicester - now heralded as a model well-run ‘smaller’ club - cheated/finessed their way through FFP rules not so long ago.

Bolton. Heralded as the model for the model smaller club aspiring to become and established premier league side. Turned out the business plan was 'don't get relegated for fook's sake'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 20:23 - Apr 5 with 1000 viewsPlums

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 15:42 - Apr 5 by Tangledupin_Blue

Ah the HMRC stadium, what a fairy story

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 20:29 - Apr 5 with 976 viewsKeno

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:18 - Apr 5 by Illinoisblue

But at least plucky little Bournemouth set the example for how to do it within the FPP rules
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 20:29]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 20:35 - Apr 5 with 948 viewsVeggie

To paraphrase another user on here, they do have a very famous manager. Probably something to do with it.
Is anyone else thinking the same? on 22:53 - Apr 5 with 771 viewsGuthrum

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 18:13 - Apr 5 by Dennyx4

I do think Derby have been very fortunate with how the Administrators have worked for them, choosing not to sell players in the January window, has assisted the club, but not helped the creditors.

Lawrence (for example) would have been snapped up by another club for £1 to £2m, if Derby had been forced to sell.

But, on the other hand, the club are worth more in the Championship (which was feasible, even at the end of January) than League One. So keeping the team together can be seen as protecting value.

And those players can be sold, anyway, in a few weeks time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 09:51 - Apr 6 with 537 viewsElderGrizzly

Is anyone else thinking the same? on 16:52 - Apr 5 by jayessess

Yeah, best result for everyone in football and everyone they owe money to is that someone steps in and steadies the ship. Which is presumably why no-one is in any hurry to push them over the edge.

His bid is apparently going to refuse to pay creditors the 25p in £ demanded by EFL to exit administration correctly.

So they’ll start on at least -15pts next season if they would be relegated this season without it.

Also dependent on Council buying ground and leasing back as he can’t afford it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024