Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. 22:58 - Apr 5 with 4642 viewsunstableblue

Finish… we need a prolific striker and we need to be more aggressive and dynamic

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:21 - Apr 5 with 2690 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Our manager needs a summer to sort the issues out.

He's done a great job so far fixing the mess that Cook left, but he can only do so much.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:40 - Apr 5 with 2653 viewsArnieM

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:21 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's done a great job so far fixing the mess that Cook left, but he can only do so much.

But Cook didn’t “ leave a mess” did he! He slung out the sorry excuse of a previous squad , clearing the way for the current squad . His only real shortfall is as that he didn’t know how to get the best out of them, which was largely due to his backroom team not following him from Wigan. His record up to his Ipswich appointment is good.

We actually should be thanking Paul Cook for doing what Lambert and his predecessors didn’t have the guts to do - clear out the whole f lucking lot em !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:48 - Apr 5 with 2630 viewsmrshallisfit

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:40 - Apr 5 by ArnieM

But Cook didn’t “ leave a mess” did he! He slung out the sorry excuse of a previous squad , clearing the way for the current squad . His only real shortfall is as that he didn’t know how to get the best out of them, which was largely due to his backroom team not following him from Wigan. His record up to his Ipswich appointment is good.

We actually should be thanking Paul Cook for doing what Lambert and his predecessors didn’t have the guts to do - clear out the whole f lucking lot em !

I'm not really going to thank a manager who couldnt get a tune out of a squad he brought in. You said that his only failing is he didnt know how to get the best out his team. That's like saying the only failing a pilot had was not being able to fly a plane.
Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 00:24 - Apr 6 with 2584 viewsBondiBlue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:40 - Apr 5 by ArnieM

So...Cook is better than McKenna?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 07:01 - Apr 6 with 2371 viewsVeggie

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 00:24 - Apr 6 by BondiBlue

Well his management achievements are so far
Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 07:27 - Apr 6 with 2308 viewspennblue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 00:24 - Apr 6 by BondiBlue

Well lets look at the facts:

1. we have not made up any ground on the top six since Cook was sacked, and we have to play Wigan and Rotherham in our last 5 games, we have played all the easier fixtures.

2. the only time I have seen a top two look a like Ipswich team this season, was when we spanked Wycombe and Pompey away. The only team we have really put away under McKenna is Gillingham when their manager was about to be sacked. We have bossed a few games, but we have hardly taken the opposition apart.

3. In the second half of the season, like or not, the team were more familiar with each other. In the 1st quarter of the season the team was still being assembled.

I know it does not fit a lot of peoples narrative to accept these points, but they are the facts.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 07:40 - Apr 6 with 2266 viewsSteve_M

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 07:27 - Apr 6 by pennblue

1. we have not made up any ground on the top six since Cook was sacked, and we have to play Wigan and Rotherham in our last 5 games, we have played all the easier fixtures.

2. the only time I have seen a top two look a like Ipswich team this season, was when we spanked Wycombe and Pompey away. The only team we have really put away under McKenna is Gillingham when their manager was about to be sacked. We have bossed a few games, but we have hardly taken the opposition apart.

3. In the second half of the season, like or not, the team were more familiar with each other. In the 1st quarter of the season the team was still being assembled.

I know it does not fit a lot of peoples narrative to accept these points, but they are the facts.

Or you could look at points per game over the period Cook was in charge and that McKenna was in charge, how Town generally control matches and now concede very few goals and see progress.

Still, selective use of 'facts' is all the rage these days.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 08:12 - Apr 6 with 2198 viewsRadlett_blue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:48 - Apr 5 by mrshallisfit

I'm not really going to thank a manager who couldnt get a tune out of a squad he brought in. You said that his only failing is he didnt know how to get the best out his team. That's like saying the only failing a pilot had was not being able to fly a plane.

And I reckon almost any vaguely experienced football manager could have assembled a squad similar to Cook's, given the size of the budget. One of his failings was obvious - assembling a squad almost at random, without clearly thinking through where those players might play in his inflexible system.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 08:16 - Apr 6 with 2186 viewstextbackup

i'm very grateful for the squad Cook assembled, his strikers just dont fit in really with what the new manager wants.

nobody can claim the lot that got let go (downes and doz aside) should have remained

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 08:54 - Apr 6 with 2050 viewsElephantintheRoom

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 07:27 - Apr 6 by pennblue

All very true - and you could add that the vast number of backroom staff are causing the manager to over-egg simple decisions.

But on the plus side the groovy new manager has brought in a feel good factor that the whole squad to have bought into - even though he seems to have alienated the academy and the ex-U23 manager with his big club beliefs at a moribund 3rd division club.

The trick will surely be to add in one or two key players to the five or so already here. But I kind of share your belief, if that’s what it is, that the new brooms are acting as though Ipswich are Barcelona when the likes of Wigan, Rotherham etc clearly show the way out of this division

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 09:16 - Apr 6 with 2013 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 08:54 - Apr 6 by ElephantintheRoom

All very true - and you could add that the vast number of backroom staff are causing the manager to over-egg simple decisions.

But on the plus side the groovy new manager has brought in a feel good factor that the whole squad to have bought into - even though he seems to have alienated the academy and the ex-U23 manager with his big club beliefs at a moribund 3rd division club.

The trick will surely be to add in one or two key players to the five or so already here. But I kind of share your belief, if that’s what it is, that the new brooms are acting as though Ipswich are Barcelona when the likes of Wigan, Rotherham etc clearly show the way out of this division

This account is so bait. Clearly a Norwich fan as everything you say has a sly dig - wouldn't surprise me if your that canaries caption it on twitter.
Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:21 - Apr 6 with 1885 viewsBluedandy

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 23:21 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

KM might be a great manager in the making but we're more points away from the play offs than when Cook was sacked ...

The Kieran Messiah hype needs a reality check ... too much tinkering game to game has cost us ...

Hopefully the summer recruitment will address glaring issues in his preferred formation and he'll take L1 by storm.

Getting Ipswich out of League One isn't a project though, it's a dire emergency.

And the pressure is on Ashton and KM to deliver next season.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 11:29]
Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:49 - Apr 6 with 1804 viewsBondiBlue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 07:40 - Apr 6 by Steve_M

Or you could look at points per game over the period Cook was in charge and that McKenna was in charge, how Town generally control matches and now concede very few goals and see progress.

Still, selective use of 'facts' is all the rage these days.

This.

The argument that cook has achieved more relies on the fact that he's had a longer career, so we're not comparing apples and apples. I don't disagree that cook's achievements are facts but you can't use them as a stick to beat mckenna with, it's not a fair comparison. PPG this season is a fair comparison because length of time in charge doesn't come into it and the players at their disposal are pretty much the same.

I honestly can't believe that mckenna's suddenly the bad guy for some people because we've got 4 out-of-form strikers and lost one game.

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:51 - Apr 6 with 1797 viewspointofblue

I think point one is harsh. There is no doubt we have dropped points under McKenna where we really shouldn’t have done but this season is ridiculous in terms of the form of the top seven or eight sides; there is no way we should be in a position where we’ve picked up something akin to 1.98 ppg and have ended up further away from the play offs than after the win against Crewe.

Point two is bull. Whilst finishing has been issue our performances against Portsmouth, Oxford (second half) and Plymouth have been far better than anything served up under Cook. The scores may look good but the performances against Doncaster at home and Wycombe away in particular were pretty average until we scored the third / Stockdale’s error respectively. I actually think our best performance under Cook, other than maybe Portsmouth, was actually Morecambe which says it all.

In terms of point three you may have a point but are you telling me something clicked between the league games against Charlton and Sunderland? No, it was because McGreal decided to get rid of Cook’s system and try something else - something Cook had ample time to do himself and elected against, even though it’s becoming increasingly obvious that our squad suits a wing back approach.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:52 - Apr 6 with 1785 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:21 - Apr 6 by Bluedandy

KM might be a great manager in the making but we're more points away from the play offs than when Cook was sacked ...

The Kieran Messiah hype needs a reality check ... too much tinkering game to game has cost us ...

Hopefully the summer recruitment will address glaring issues in his preferred formation and he'll take L1 by storm.

Getting Ipswich out of League One isn't a project though, it's a dire emergency.

We’re 1 point further away from the playoffs than when Cook was sacked…because teams above us have now played games in hand since then. We’re also 2 points closer than when McKenna was appointed, again despite teams above having now played games in hand

Quite why some posters are falling over themselves to try and spin that McKenna is as responsible for us failing this season as Cook, when one only needs to look at their respective records to see the difference is beyond me. Well actually it isn’t, but you know

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:58 - Apr 6 with 1764 viewsSouperJim

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:49 - Apr 6 by BondiBlue

This.

The argument that cook has achieved more relies on the fact that he's had a longer career, so we're not comparing apples and apples. I don't disagree that cook's achievements are facts but you can't use them as a stick to beat mckenna with, it's not a fair comparison. PPG this season is a fair comparison because length of time in charge doesn't come into it and the players at their disposal are pretty much the same.

I honestly can't believe that mckenna's suddenly the bad guy for some people because we've got 4 out-of-form strikers and lost one game.

Ridiculous isn't it. McKenna currently has a 55% win rate, that's better than any other post-war ITFC manager. We've picked up just shy of 2 points per game since he came in. But because some people got carried away with the idea he might manage the almost impossible task of dragging us up into the playoffs this season, now that's gone he's suddenly not doing well enough. Zero perspective.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:00 - Apr 6 with 1760 viewsBondiBlue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:52 - Apr 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We’re 1 point further away from the playoffs than when Cook was sacked…because teams above us have now played games in hand since then. We’re also 2 points closer than when McKenna was appointed, again despite teams above having now played games in hand

Quite why some posters are falling over themselves to try and spin that McKenna is as responsible for us failing this season as Cook, when one only needs to look at their respective records to see the difference is beyond me. Well actually it isn’t, but you know

I think there are those of us who don't deserve nice things, and others who don't seem to want them. It's a question for a psychologist.

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:03 - Apr 6 with 1745 viewspointofblue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:58 - Apr 6 by SouperJim

Ridiculous isn't it. McKenna currently has a 55% win rate, that's better than any other post-war ITFC manager. We've picked up just shy of 2 points per game since he came in. But because some people got carried away with the idea he might manage the almost impossible task of dragging us up into the playoffs this season, now that's gone he's suddenly not doing well enough. Zero perspective.

In fairness, if the Cambridge match hadn’t been awful in terms of result and performance then not much would be being said. To a fanbase which has been fed little but failure over the past 20 years anything which signifies a backward step is going to be eyed suspiciously.

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:06 - Apr 6 with 1732 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

1. We have made up ground since McKenna was appointed, we were 10 points from the playoffs at that point and had played a game more than Oxford in 6th. We’re now 8 points away, and have played the same number of games as 6th. So as a simple comparison, Cook took us from a position of zero points from the playoffs to 7 having played a game more, whereas McKenna has got us closer

2. Not a fact, that’s an opinion which nonsense, top two sides get there by winning consistently, not the occasional performance. You might aswell argue we should never have got rid of Jewell as we looked like a top side against West Ham

3. Odd how Cook wasn’t able to achieve similar results when he inherited a settled team last season, or indeed even get the same levels of results as his predecessor. Or for a more direct comparison, Cook won 2 of his last 9 games at a point when the team should have been more settled; McKenna then won 6 of his first 9

So 1 fact that was incorrect, one that wasn’t a fact and one that has some truth but ignores any other context. Top work

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:14 - Apr 6 with 1717 viewsMullet

That's essentially nonsense though isn't it? "Demolition Man" seemingly only applies to his own career.

"His only real shortfall" was pretty massive in terms of what his job was. He was an utter failure here, who blamed what he inherited and then delivered failure again. Contrast that with how McKenna has come into the club and it's night and day.

The idea that we have failed and it isn't entirely on Cook is clutching at best. All the evidence still points to how dismal he was.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:20 - Apr 6 with 1677 viewspointofblue

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:58 - Apr 6 by SouperJim

The annoying thing is the games where we dropped points under McKenna. We’re more than capable of a point a Bolton, a win against Cheltenham and Morecambe and a a draw against Cambridge, and that’s probably what we deserved from each of them. That’s an additional six points and suddenly we’re only two off.

I don’t think there are any matches under him where we got lucky and picked up undeserved points which is unusual too. Usually the ‘undeserved’ results either way balance themselves out across a run but it doesn’t feel like they have since he’s taken over.

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:26 - Apr 6 with 1651 viewsBiGDonnie

Even that was wrong. A couple of tweaks and we'd have reached the playoffs last season. He absolutely fooked that season as well as the start of this one.

Impressive work ruining two seasons in less than 50 games.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:29 - Apr 6 with 1641 viewsBiGDonnie

Jesus wept.

I don't even know where to start with this one, so I'm not going to.

COYBs

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:32 - Apr 6 with 1635 viewsBiGDonnie

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 11:21 - Apr 6 by Bluedandy

Scummer.

FFS there's so many on here - half terms only just started as well...

COYBs

Let’s be clear Wycombe d!cked Cambridge away and parrot scored a quality.. on 12:37 - Apr 6 with 1609 viewsN2_Blue

I've stopped posting on here as much recently because the negativity towards a manager that has had a brilliant half season from some posters is just pathetic and depressing.

'Some' of our fans deserve what we have done in the last 15 years - precisely nothing. The constant negativity and need to spin stats in the most negative way possible is just tiring.

I mean fancy trying to say we are further off playoffs with McKenna than when Cook was here and holding McKenna accountable is possibly the most ridiculous thing ever.

It's basically blaming a new manager for not being able to make up the deficit the previous one created. Its beyond comprehension. McKenna isn't perfect, who is, but a 55% win ratio and yet people compare to Cook. Crazy

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024