Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere 12:01 - Apr 6 with 3551 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Can't we just pluck some more from the Magic Money Tree rather than tax the poor?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:02 - Apr 6 with 2066 viewshype313

Where's this extra £350m a week from Brexit gone?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:11 - Apr 6 with 2010 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:02 - Apr 6 by hype313

Where's this extra £350m a week from Brexit gone?

The 76 million invading Turks have run off with it, obviously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:48 - Apr 6 with 1942 viewsBasuco

Why not get a refund for the £9 Billion of PPE that could not be used as it was not up to standard? sorry, forgot that was from Conservative Party friends and donors so can't claim that back.
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:58 - Apr 6 with 1908 viewstextbackup

could get the money back from all those that claimed furlough but continued to work unaffected

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:06 - Apr 6 with 1872 viewsJ2BLUE

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:58 - Apr 6 by textbackup

could get the money back from all those that claimed furlough but continued to work unaffected

You couldn't.

Only needed to miss one day and they got the full grant. Impossible to prove they didn't miss a day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:09 - Apr 6 with 1867 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 12:58 - Apr 6 by textbackup

As I have said before anyone with savings of £14k+ should not have got a penny....just like Universal Credit.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:29 - Apr 6 with 1848 viewsLord_Lucan

I furloughed my wife - what with that and forced closure payments (although 90% of our stuff gets dispatched on a courier so it really wasn't an issue) it was madness, they just kept chucking money at us.

If I was the sort of person to really milk it we could have engineered loads more payments and free loans - it really was crazy.

Some people made a mint out of lockdown - apart from builders who never declared their true earnings so didn't get much thrown at them!******

****They're making up for it now though!
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 13:33]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:43 - Apr 6 with 1794 viewsitfcjoe

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:29 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

I furloughed my wife - what with that and forced closure payments (although 90% of our stuff gets dispatched on a courier so it really wasn't an issue) it was madness, they just kept chucking money at us.

If I was the sort of person to really milk it we could have engineered loads more payments and free loans - it really was crazy.

Some people made a mint out of lockdown - apart from builders who never declared their true earnings so didn't get much thrown at them!******

I think most builders did pretty well - talking individually rather than firms as it was tough for the firms (get your violin out please)

They don't need to have declared much to have got full grants - and everyone (bar a few key workers) lost work because everything was shut

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:11 - Apr 6 with 1739 viewsLord_Lucan

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:43 - Apr 6 by itfcjoe

I think most builders did pretty well - talking individually rather than firms as it was tough for the firms (get your violin out please)

They don't need to have declared much to have got full grants - and everyone (bar a few key workers) lost work because everything was shut

Oh, I'm only going through the tale of woe I got from some of my builder mates .

It must be crazy getting workers at the moment isn't it? Even painters are wanting £200 a day!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:23 - Apr 6 with 1707 viewsitfcjoe

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:11 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

Oh, I'm only going through the tale of woe I got from some of my builder mates .

It must be crazy getting workers at the moment isn't it? Even painters are wanting £200 a day!

The rates are just impossible to keep up with, materials slowed down a bit but still not unusual for monthly double digit %age increases.

We've got at least one house to build which will tie up a lot of labour for us, but there is so much work out there but it's not a great time for those in my position compared to tradesman just coining it in

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:37 - Apr 6 with 1692 viewsmutters

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:11 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

I've just moved house and trying to get tradespeople to quote has been hard enough. When the quotes do finally land the cost has been absolutely bonkers.

Plastering has always been something I've been happy to pay for as there is a real skill level to getting a good finish that I never have had enough projects to practice on to hone it. I am now seriously tempted to do it myself.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:52 - Apr 6 with 1630 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:37 - Apr 6 by mutters

I've just moved house and trying to get tradespeople to quote has been hard enough. When the quotes do finally land the cost has been absolutely bonkers.

Plastering has always been something I've been happy to pay for as there is a real skill level to getting a good finish that I never have had enough projects to practice on to hone it. I am now seriously tempted to do it myself.

The thought is, ask a silly price and you may hit on someone desperate, for varied reasons - not sure why some are complaining, market forces etc

Bloke down the pub is a decorator, known as Van Goff................

..................any time anyone offers him a drink, he responds with

"ta I'm OK, I've got one 'ere
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:53 - Apr 6 with 1630 viewsLord_Lucan

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:37 - Apr 6 by mutters

My daughter has just bought a new house but it needs completely doing up, there isn't even a kitchen in it. I think some joker quoted £4k just for fitting a bathroom - not including the actual bathroom - crazy!

The quotes for plumbing and new boiler etc range from £7k - £15k. It's quite obvious that some people are so busy they are severely over quoting as they really haven't time to do the work anyway.

The plumber I know in Norwich echoed this the other day when he said if he hasn't got the time he'll quote £850 a day - and on a couple of occasions he's got the job.

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 15:19 - Apr 6 with 1582 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 14:53 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

My daughter has just bought a new house but it needs completely doing up, there isn't even a kitchen in it. I think some joker quoted £4k just for fitting a bathroom - not including the actual bathroom - crazy!

The quotes for plumbing and new boiler etc range from £7k - £15k. It's quite obvious that some people are so busy they are severely over quoting as they really haven't time to do the work anyway.

The plumber I know in Norwich echoed this the other day when he said if he hasn't got the time he'll quote £850 a day - and on a couple of occasions he's got the job.

And we criticise those helpful Tories who replaced the PPE that their party had run down over the previous 10 years (see Cygnus exercise)

Mind you, you would at least get the bathroom fitted, not be left with a worth less tub* with umpteen holes in it

* not Johnson
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 18:07 - Apr 6 with 1451 viewstextbackup

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:06 - Apr 6 by J2BLUE

You couldn't.

Only needed to miss one day and they got the full grant. Impossible to prove they didn't miss a day.

Fcked up system

I must have been the only mug to tel my wife not to claim to begin with as we were ok on my wage, and the country would be on its knees after all this…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 18:12 - Apr 6 with 1443 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 13:29 - Apr 6 by Lord_Lucan

It was all so messed up everywhere.

In 2019 if you paid taxes on $200-300k you would get the same as someone who paid taxes $20-30k, about $1000 a week (state dependent) and that was under Trump. No wonder people didn't rush back in lower paid jobs. Just ridiculous.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 18:14]
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 1394 viewsWD19

EVERYONE: "I would happily pay more tax to fund the NHS".

EVERYONE: "I didn't actually mean it."
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 18:56 - Apr 6 with 1375 viewsHARRY10

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 18:41 - Apr 6 by WD19

whereas every poll has shown the opposite

the objection is that this lot made a manifesto pledge not to increase taxes,

and was not the supposed Brexit dividend of £350m a week going to pay for this ?
Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 21:36 - Apr 6 with 1304 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s hard to square when it coincides with the lowest relative investment in the NHS since it was created. If we could see genuine investment and results, people may be more willing to pay more tax. Wasting and stealing £ billions doesn’t quite cut it.

Besides, they’re having to raise taxes because they’ve broken the economy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 22:30 - Apr 6 with 1253 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think you've rather missed the point of the OP.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:02 - Apr 7 with 1143 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 22:30 - Apr 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you've rather missed the point of the OP.

Ok. Forget it’s Johnson. Forget it’s the Tories.

If we had a Labour, Lib Dem or Green Government and they said after two years of a pandemic that they would raise NI by 1.25 % in order to address the long neglected issue of social care and tackle the backlog of cancer scans, checks and operations, would you object?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:09 - Apr 7 with 1139 viewsDanTheMan

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:02 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

If we had a Labour, Lib Dem or Green Government and they said after two years of a pandemic that they would raise NI by 1.25 % in order to address the long neglected issue of social care and tackle the backlog of cancer scans, checks and operations, would you object?

I don't object on the principle, the timing isn't great however given everything else that is going on. Could probably have been delayed a year.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:10 - Apr 7 with 1138 viewsPlums

I have no objection to paying more tax to support the less well off in society, I have an objection to the twisted criminals who get to decide how it’s spent - and give it to their mates.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 8:11]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:15 - Apr 7 with 1129 viewsDubtractor

Just for the record, I'm not complaining.

I will gladly complain about many of the other sh1tty things this government has done though!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:28 - Apr 7 with 1107 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Sajid Javid: The money has to come from somehwere on 08:02 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

Whilst I understand the point you're driving at I'm not sure that's a reasonable comparison.

Would this "other" government have proved to be as financially incompetent (and corrupt) as this one?
Would it have continued with the vanity HS2 project?
Would it have a policy of privatisation of the NHS by deliberate under-funding?
Would there have already been some attempt to rebalance the whole taxation system?
Would there have been any attempt to reassess spending priorities?

I like to think that it would be a big assumption to say that the answers to the above are "yes, yes, yes, no and no".

Accordingly we cannot "forget" it's the Tories; the evidence of the last few years has taught us to look for the malice in everything they do.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024