Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago 23:23 - Apr 6 with 1901 viewsMelford

Years of mismangement, sleepwalking into relegation. Bentiez was their Hurst, Lampard is their Lambert.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 23:43 - Apr 6 with 1834 viewsgainsboroughblue

Only difference being that Lampard probably won't be getting a 5 year deal.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 00:19 - Apr 7 with 1787 viewsIllinoisblue

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 23:43 - Apr 6 by gainsboroughblue

Wonder if he got paid off after the takeover or if there’s still a chunk of money winging his way every month from the ITFC bank account. Absolutely sickening.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 07:15 - Apr 7 with 1594 viewsGlasgowBlue

It was a bad move for Lampard. He has no experience of a relegation fight and Everton were in free fall when he joined. He should never have taken the job.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 07:43 - Apr 7 with 1497 viewsmutters

One of the main differences (of many) between them is that Benetiez is a very decent man

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 07:52 - Apr 7 with 1475 viewswkj

Said it time and again, Lampard needlessly jumped in the deep end way too soon. He did a fair job at Derby, did what you'd expect to be done at Chelsea - but has never had a long term position where failure isn't as heavily scrutinised. If it goes spectacularly wrong at Everton, then his career prospects might be in the same league as Tim Sherwood's.

Everton has a lot of thinking to do this summer, and giving a barely qualified man access to the chequebook is akin to a desperate man trying to make a big bet to recover his losses.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 08:28 - Apr 7 with 1390 viewsthebooks

I think that’s quite a good call, but there are some differences.

We’d had years of disinvestment, whereas Everton have pumped tens of millions in.

I expect they’ll continue to blame the previous manager(s) like we did; looking back, Lambert should have been under pressure for the manner in which we were relegated.

Will be fun seeing Lampard relegated. Totally keping in entitled character, he’s already blaming the players, the fixture list, the weather. Anything but himself.
Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 08:32 - Apr 7 with 1374 viewsChurchman

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 00:19 - Apr 7 by Illinoisblue

Wonder if he got paid off after the takeover or if there’s still a chunk of money winging his way every month from the ITFC bank account. Absolutely sickening.

The very thought of it is sickening. What on earth was Evans thinking?

Anyway, with regard to Lampard, it looked a lazy appointment to me. Big name, great career, pleasant sort of bloke, two years management at two clubs, mediocre results. They, like so many before, took a punt on a big name. Maybe it’ll work out, but I have my doubts.
Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 08:47 - Apr 7 with 1329 viewsPassionNotAnger

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 23:43 - Apr 6 by gainsboroughblue

Or a banner with his face on proudly displayed along with a standing ovation once relegation was achieved......
Login to get fewer ads

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 08:58 - Apr 7 with 1283 viewstractorboy1978

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 07:15 - Apr 7 by GlasgowBlue

It was a bad move for Lampard. He has no experience of a relegation fight and Everton were in free fall when he joined. He should never have taken the job.

And vice versa I would suggest. He's picked up 6 points in 10 games. Terrible appointment.
Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:00 - Apr 7 with 1274 viewshype313

They should never had offered him the job, what credentials did he have to take on such a huge task?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:07 - Apr 7 with 1251 viewsPinewoodblue

Isn’t there also talk of a points deduction?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:07 - Apr 7 with 1250 viewsBloomBlue

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:00 - Apr 7 by hype313

They should never had offered him the job, what credentials did he have to take on such a huge task?

They gave him the job because when other names were discussed the Everton fans moaned and the biggest call from them was for Lampard, they went with him to keep the fans happy.
Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:11 - Apr 7 with 1239 viewshype313

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:07 - Apr 7 by BloomBlue

They gave him the job because when other names were discussed the Everton fans moaned and the biggest call from them was for Lampard, they went with him to keep the fans happy.

And now they want him sacked.

But it just goes to show what a shambles the club are, appointing someone the fans want, was always going to end in tears.

£500m odd they have spent, yet haven't got anyone as a director of football to make those kind of decisions.

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:25 - Apr 7 with 1194 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 08:58 - Apr 7 by tractorboy1978

And vice versa I would suggest. He's picked up 6 points in 10 games. Terrible appointment.

4 points clear of the drop zone with a game in hand when he was appointed, in a year where the bottom teams are averaging less than 1ppg. Now only a point clear from the same number of games

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:34 - Apr 7 with 1154 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

In fairness, his options were limited, as shown by the most accurate Venn diagram I have ever seen.

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:38 - Apr 7 with 1130 viewsKeno

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:34 - Apr 7 by DropCliffsNotBombs

In fairness, his options were limited, as shown by the most accurate Venn diagram I have ever seen.

That is brilliant !!

reminds me of the one "Girls who fancy Keno" apart from with that one there was no little box saying 'girls who actually fancy Keno"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:40 - Apr 7 with 1118 viewshype313

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:34 - Apr 7 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Brilliant, and so true

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:45 - Apr 7 with 1095 viewshomer_123

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 08:28 - Apr 7 by thebooks

I think that’s quite a good call, but there are some differences.

We’d had years of disinvestment, whereas Everton have pumped tens of millions in.

I expect they’ll continue to blame the previous manager(s) like we did; looking back, Lambert should have been under pressure for the manner in which we were relegated.

Will be fun seeing Lampard relegated. Totally keping in entitled character, he’s already blaming the players, the fixture list, the weather. Anything but himself.

The fact Lambert was utterly and completely unable to even have a go at staving off relegation was enough to have seen him off. Let alone another frigging contract.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:48 - Apr 7 with 1075 viewsChurchman

I really like this.excellent work!
Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 12:00 - Apr 7 with 854 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Everton remind me of us a couple of years ago on 09:40 - Apr 7 by hype313

Brilliant, and so true

The prefect placement of Arsenal and Spurs is what makes this for me
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024