Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paris recommendations 13:25 - Apr 7 with 1398 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Hello,

Off to Paris on Sunday for 3 nights with the missus. Any good recommendations for things to do? Hoping to have a few beers / cocktails so any good pub / bar recommendations would be lovely. We’re staying in the Latin quarter if this is helpful.

Thanks!
Paris recommendations on 13:49 - Apr 7 with 1350 viewsBasingstokeBlue

The catacombs are nearby and, if you’re not too squeamish, quite fascinating.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Paris recommendations on 13:50 - Apr 7 with 1348 viewsBasuco

Beware of pick pockets, they are very, very good, especially on the metro, don't take unnecessary cards or cash out with you, just what you need.
Paris recommendations on 14:03 - Apr 7 with 1335 viewsitfcjoe

Start at the Arc de Triomphe, walk down the Champs Elysses, cross over the Seine at the Pont Alexandre III and walk through the grounds of the Hotel Des Invalids then loop round the back of the Eiffel Tower and sit down and relax for a bit.

It is a great walk, will take about an hour and you see a hell of a lot of the city quite easily - then find some nice bars and restaurants

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

[Redacted] on 14:35 - Apr 7 with 1257 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Paris recommendations on 14:46 - Apr 7 with 1234 viewsvilanovablue

[Redacted] on 14:35 - Apr 7 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Musee D'Orsay is a good shout, the Rodin museum is pretty cool. Getting over to the Sacre Couer (spelling) is also worth it.
Paris recommendations on 14:49 - Apr 7 with 1227 viewsthelingting

I went recently and highlight of the food we had was at 'Le Petit Bouillon Pharamond" in the area Le Marais.

It was honestly fantastic, atmosphere was great and we had a three course meal with probably too much wine and it ended up being around €45 for the both of us. Stupidly cheap, especially for Paris and absolutely outstanding food. Would highly recommend!
Paris recommendations on 15:36 - Apr 7 with 1183 viewsfooters

Avoid the Louvre at all costs.

Ram packed, expensive, have to wait an age for tickets, can barely see any works without shoving your way to the front. Awful experience.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paris recommendations on 17:49 - Apr 7 with 1102 viewsPablo_Counago

I'd say check out this Bistrot if you're looking to go somewhere for dinner: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d1095940-Reviews-Bistrot

Its pretty cheap but has great food and very authentic.

A couple others have already said it but the Musee D'Orsay is fantastic. Easily my favourite museum, anywhere
Login to get fewer ads

Paris recommendations on 22:30 - Apr 7 with 987 viewsWickwar_Blue

Père Lachaise Cemetery - bit of romantic grave visiting…. Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Chopin, Proust.
Paris recommendations on 22:40 - Apr 7 with 970 viewsLord_Lucan

Get a connecting flight to Spain

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Paris recommendations on 23:23 - Apr 7 with 938 viewsFreddies_Ears

For great craft beers and decent basic French food at the steak- frites end of the spectrum, the Express de Lyon bar is perfect. On Rue de Lyon, a stone's throw from the station.
Paris recommendations on 06:25 - Apr 8 with 855 viewsdickie

Paris recommendations on 15:36 - Apr 7 by footers

Avoid the Louvre at all costs.

Ram packed, expensive, have to wait an age for tickets, can barely see any works without shoving your way to the front. Awful experience.

I'd second this, plus the Mona Lisa is distinctly underwhelming (especially after queuing for an age and viewing from a massed throng)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024