Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina 11:18 - Apr 8 with 3691 viewsGarv

He's class and our most talented player. We'd be mad not to try and sign him permanently.

But does anyone else feel he's still only playing at 80%? Not effort wise necessarily, because he does a lot of good work defensively these days. But he was incredibly passive last Saturday. Even accounting for the number of key passes and 'assists of assists' he's laid on recently, I still want him to do more.

I'm assuming, if he does return next season, that he's going to burst into life and be the league's best player, because he probably should be.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 11:19]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Celina on 11:28 - Apr 8 with 2711 viewsFrimleyBlue

He's an interesting case is Celina.

He'll have a run of games where you're thinking yep defo need him back. But then on the other hand , Goals win games, and in such a position is 2 in the past 20+games good enough?

I got a lot of hate for saying we could replace the front line in some form other than strikers, but i'd love to know what KM is thinking in regards to the top end of the pitch.
It's been good enough in the sense we have a record of 2ppg under K...

Celina
Positives
Reads the game quicker than many others
Incredible eye for a killer pass
Can pull off a worldie
Has increased his level of off the ball work
Gains a yard from nothing

Negatives
Simple passes seem to go amiss
can get lost in games
Players don't seem to read some of his attempted plays
Goal return not that high from an important position
Possibly expensive

Choice of two i'd have Celina over Chaplin. I wouldn't have both personally.

all of the above is MY opinion, before the hate jump begins.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Celina on 11:31 - Apr 8 with 2734 viewsfooters

It's a no-brainer. He's the classiest player we've had at the club since McGoldrick. He is mustard.

Some self-appointed football experts, however, believe he is a luxury player that we can't afford to carry.

It should be illegal for us to have him in this league.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Celina on 11:33 - Apr 8 with 2713 viewsjayessess

Was thinking the other day that we've barely scored from speculative efforts and half chances this season. We've scored just 6 times from outside the box, which is madness when you consider some of the players we have.

That's one area I'd love to see Celina kick on and we know he can do it!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Celina on 11:43 - Apr 8 with 2643 viewsGarv

Celina on 11:33 - Apr 8 by jayessess

Was thinking the other day that we've barely scored from speculative efforts and half chances this season. We've scored just 6 times from outside the box, which is madness when you consider some of the players we have.

That's one area I'd love to see Celina kick on and we know he can do it!

He's got a unique technique when shooting from distance, the slightly awkward looking no back lift thing he tries. It came off, luckily, at Wycombe, but he seems to do it every time there's a chance to shoot, and it hasn't worked since. The effort against Cambridge was terrible.

The Crewe goal was obviously a bit different.

The whole midfield/attack needs to do better from range though, you're right.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 11:44]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Celina on 11:45 - Apr 8 with 2617 viewsclive_baker

Quality player. Can't help but feel with a full pre season under McKenna he could really get firing next season. He'll have off days and games where things don't come off, it's the nature of the beast with a player like that, but he's got all the ability to create.

Would imagine he's on a decent whack but I'm sure everyone at our end will be keen to make it happen.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Celina on 11:57 - Apr 8 with 2571 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I would love Celina to sign but I can't help thinking we do need a change or two at the top of the pitch. Even though our strikers have been well below par we also don't appear to be creating enough chances given the possession we now enjoy. Individually I rate Celina, Aluko and Chaplin but we do need our attacking midfielders to create more chances and maybe that means we need a new face or two.
Celina on 12:04 - Apr 8 with 2530 viewsSouperJim

He'll look twice the player he has been this season if we can get some decent strikers ahead of him next season. Total no-brainer.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Celina on 12:05 - Apr 8 with 2522 viewspointofblue

Considering his undoubted talent and the salary he must be on he doesn’t do enough for me. Fantastic at the brilliant but poor at the simple. And, as stated, he hasn’t scored or created enough to really be a key player to hold onto in the summer. I wouldn’t mind him being retained but I wouldn’t be that fussed if he left either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Celina on 12:11 - Apr 8 with 2498 viewsFunge

He's hot and cold, like most creative players - but when he's hot, he's absurdly good.

Ignoring the goal vs Crewe (the best I've ever seen at PR), some of the through balls he plays are far too good for this league.

I'm in broad agreement that he's not on it, all the time - but I suppose that's why he's in Div 3. I always get the feeling he can make something happen, which makes him fun to watch.

I'd definitely sign him.
Celina on 12:13 - Apr 8 with 2490 viewstractorboy1978

Celina on 12:04 - Apr 8 by SouperJim

He'll look twice the player he has been this season if we can get some decent strikers ahead of him next season. Total no-brainer.

Yep. He'd have 5-10 more assists over the second half of this season alone if he'd had an in form striker playing ahead of him. And that is just chances created, ignoring not having a proper striker that looks to make that run in behind playing.
Celina on 12:16 - Apr 8 with 2468 viewstractorboy1978

Celina on 11:45 - Apr 8 by clive_baker

Quality player. Can't help but feel with a full pre season under McKenna he could really get firing next season. He'll have off days and games where things don't come off, it's the nature of the beast with a player like that, but he's got all the ability to create.

Would imagine he's on a decent whack but I'm sure everyone at our end will be keen to make it happen.

Anyone that thinks we are signing a better player than Celina this summer is in cuckoo land.

I think Dijon will be glad to get his wages off the books and will barely be looking for a fee. We will be keen as well. It's going to be a test of how much Celina wants to be here himself I think. He's certainly making all the right noises. That's one we need to get done quickly and efficiently.
Celina on 12:21 - Apr 8 with 2454 viewsBarcaBlue

Celina on 12:05 - Apr 8 by pointofblue

Considering his undoubted talent and the salary he must be on he doesn’t do enough for me. Fantastic at the brilliant but poor at the simple. And, as stated, he hasn’t scored or created enough to really be a key player to hold onto in the summer. I wouldn’t mind him being retained but I wouldn’t be that fussed if he left either.

...well maybe football is not for you. Why do we get these Celina posts popping up every month with these lazy suggestions that somehow he is unable to do the simple things, that his contribution is fleeting and he's somehow a luxury (whatever that is supposed to mean).
Celina on 12:42 - Apr 8 with 2385 viewsIllinoisblue

Celina on 12:21 - Apr 8 by BarcaBlue

...well maybe football is not for you. Why do we get these Celina posts popping up every month with these lazy suggestions that somehow he is unable to do the simple things, that his contribution is fleeting and he's somehow a luxury (whatever that is supposed to mean).

It’s football. It’s opinions. That’s all.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Celina on 12:50 - Apr 8 with 2323 viewsFixed_It

Celina on 11:45 - Apr 8 by clive_baker

I think a full pre-season is key. People forget that he came here in far from ideal shape fitness and health wise. It does make a huge difference.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Celina on 12:51 - Apr 8 with 2316 viewspointofblue

Celina on 12:21 - Apr 8 by BarcaBlue

How many assists has he had this season?
How many goals has he scored?
I can see him screwing up simple passes time and again with my own eyes, though usually the excuse is the rest of the side aren’t on his wavelength.

I like him; he could be fantastic at this level, but he has flaws (as do Chaplin and Aluko) and, in attack, those flaws have cost us this season. As I said I would happily have him back but if we take a different approach to that position then so be it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Celina on 12:54 - Apr 8 with 2308 viewstractorboy1978

Celina on 12:51 - Apr 8 by pointofblue

I can see him screwing up simple passes time and again with my own eyes, though usually the excuse is the rest of the side aren’t on his wavelength.

I like him; he could be fantastic at this level, but he has flaws (as do Chaplin and Aluko) and, in attack, those flaws have cost us this season. As I said I would happily have him back but if we take a different approach to that position then so be it.

There is a metric going around that shows he is in the top 3 creative players in the division. So in essence what you think you see with your eyes is irrelevant.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 12:58]
Celina on 12:54 - Apr 8 with 2300 viewsDJR

Celina on 12:04 - Apr 8 by SouperJim

In addition, he needs a more attacking left-sided wing back, which would give him more options and free up space for him. At the moment, his only main option is playing it forward to one of the strikers.
Celina on 12:55 - Apr 8 with 2292 viewsMattinLondon

Celina on 11:31 - Apr 8 by footers

It's a no-brainer. He's the classiest player we've had at the club since McGoldrick. He is mustard.

Some self-appointed football experts, however, believe he is a luxury player that we can't afford to carry.

For some reason players like McGoldrick and Celina seem to attract a lot of criticism. People seem to think that they should grab at least a couple of goals per match. Yet, absolute donkeys can regularly lose the ball, then run the length of the pitch and make a needless tackle and get a round of applause.
Celina on 12:56 - Apr 8 with 2285 viewsBonneNIL

Celina on 11:31 - Apr 8 by footers

It would be if we were paying his full wage I suspect. His French side was relegated last season and had to cut their wage budget to survive, which is why it meant sense while they sorted themselves out after a disaster of a season to send him on loan and split the bill while he was still on a good contract if they couldn't sell immediately.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Celina on 12:59 - Apr 8 with 2253 viewsMattinLondon

Celina on 12:51 - Apr 8 by pointofblue

Of course he’ll lose the ball but he’s not superman. Plus he started the season fairly poorly and wasn’t match fit until near Christmas ( think I’m remembering this correctly).

Plus his number of assists would drastically improve if we had strikers who could regularly put the ball into the net rather than straight at the keeper.
Celina on 13:06 - Apr 8 with 2137 viewsFrimleyBlue

Celina on 12:55 - Apr 8 by MattinLondon

For some reason players like McGoldrick and Celina seem to attract a lot of criticism. People seem to think that they should grab at least a couple of goals per match. Yet, absolute donkeys can regularly lose the ball, then run the length of the pitch and make a needless tackle and get a round of applause.

Think it's because you need more from a player in that position and something which has clearly been an issue this season - Goals.

6 in 31 appearences. 2 in the last 20+ games. It's not wrong for some to feel KM may want more.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Celina on 13:07 - Apr 8 with 2135 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Celina on 12:54 - Apr 8 by tractorboy1978

There is a metric going around that shows he is in the top 3 creative players in the division. So in essence what you think you see with your eyes is irrelevant.

What metric is that? Genuine question as I haven’t seen it, and for traditional metrics (goals, assists, key passes etc) he’s nowhere near the top?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Celina on 13:09 - Apr 8 with 2129 viewsIllinoisblue

Celina on 12:54 - Apr 8 by tractorboy1978

Is this a new era of football watching where what you see with your own eyes is not to be trusted or believed?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Celina on 13:10 - Apr 8 with 2105 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Celina on 12:55 - Apr 8 by MattinLondon

Fairly large middle ground between thinking players should be scoring a couple of goals a match, and thinking a player of Celina’s supposed calibre (best player in the league etc) should be contributing a bit more than 6 goals and 6 assists from 30-odd appearances…

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Celina on 13:10 - Apr 8 with 2113 viewsBiGDonnie

Agreed.

I think we'll see the best out of him when he's playing centrally behind two strikers.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024