Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... 12:41 - Apr 8 with 3993 viewsitfcjoe

....the shine has definitely come off Dishy Rishi, and he can't handle much scrutiny - especially scruitny that is more than deserved.

Who is cranking up this stuff then? Number 10 or Labour?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 12:51 - Apr 8 with 2333 viewsreusersfreekicks

No 10 i reckon.
With all that money why does he want the hassle of being chancellor?
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 12:53 - Apr 8 with 2331 viewsitfcjoe

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 12:51 - Apr 8 by reusersfreekicks

No 10 i reckon.

It's pretty shambolic, her spokesman's statement which is provably utter guff and the fact they had Green Cards whilst he was chancellor too.

The Super Rich live on a different planet, whilst I don't think anyone is too rich for politics, if they think they can separate private life from work life then they are foolish

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 12:58 - Apr 8 with 2292 viewsBeckets

Another possibility is Truss supporters or even the ERG to enhance the prospects of their preferred leadership candidates like Raab and Patel.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:14 - Apr 8 with 2232 viewsBasuco

PM, looks like he does not fancy a leadership contest against Sunak.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:20 - Apr 8 with 2195 viewshype313

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:14 - Apr 8 by Basuco

PM, looks like he does not fancy a leadership contest against Sunak.

It's all a bit getting Al Pacino for tax evasion to me.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:42 - Apr 8 with 2140 viewsBasuco

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 12:53 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

It's pretty shambolic, her spokesman's statement which is provably utter guff and the fact they had Green Cards whilst he was chancellor too.

The Super Rich live on a different planet, whilst I don't think anyone is too rich for politics, if they think they can separate private life from work life then they are foolish

The fact she lives in a tax payer funded house while choosing to pay a fee and not pay UK tax does not look good, the question of where she does pay tax remains unanswered, the press do seem to think her income is fed through a tax haven, it will be interesting to see if she does pay tax in India, that is question is being avoided so far, which does raise suspicions.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 13:46]
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:44 - Apr 8 with 2130 viewsBasuco

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:20 - Apr 8 by hype313

It's all a bit getting Al Pacino for tax evasion to me.

Tax avoidance, tax evasion is illegal.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:57 - Apr 8 with 2092 viewsitfcjoe

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:42 - Apr 8 by Basuco

The fact she lives in a tax payer funded house while choosing to pay a fee and not pay UK tax does not look good, the question of where she does pay tax remains unanswered, the press do seem to think her income is fed through a tax haven, it will be interesting to see if she does pay tax in India, that is question is being avoided so far, which does raise suspicions.

If you have non-dom status it is, from my reading, because you still see the other country as home and keep your main residence there and you plan to move back there at some point. Evidences for this are things like where you holiday which has been in the US.

They also had Green Cards even when he was Chancellor - and you have to pledge that the US is their permanent home if that is the case.....

Global citizens want to pay tax at the lowest rates as always

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:13 - Apr 8 with 2028 viewsBasuco

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:57 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

If you have non-dom status it is, from my reading, because you still see the other country as home and keep your main residence there and you plan to move back there at some point. Evidences for this are things like where you holiday which has been in the US.

They also had Green Cards even when he was Chancellor - and you have to pledge that the US is their permanent home if that is the case.....

Global citizens want to pay tax at the lowest rates as always

I don't think having a residence is a requirement, it is reported the Sunaks don't own a home in India, but that may not be true and I am no expert. It is interesting that the Conservatives introduced the fee for non-dom status in 2015 (I think) to make sure only the very wealthy could use it.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:29 - Apr 8 with 1988 viewsSwansea_Blue

Petri Dishi Rishi. As in, as deep as....

Any cranking up is likely to be internal I'd have thought. Labour don't seem capable of stirring up a media storm on anything, so I don't see how they'd do this.

And just to add - there have been a couple of cases lately highlighting that No 11 has blocked No 10 proposals (the latest was something to do with renewable energy, but Sunak wouldn't release the cash). leads more weight to the idea that this is an internal fall out.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 14:34]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:37 - Apr 8 with 1969 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:13 - Apr 8 by Basuco

I don't think having a residence is a requirement, it is reported the Sunaks don't own a home in India, but that may not be true and I am no expert. It is interesting that the Conservatives introduced the fee for non-dom status in 2015 (I think) to make sure only the very wealthy could use it.

I think you're right, I don't think you have to have a place in your 'home' country, but you do need to prove you intend to return and your time in the UK is transient. It seems massively open to abuse to me (probably deliberately so).

Apparently it also seems likely that they're using tax havens. All legal but thoroughly immoral.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:45 - Apr 8 with 1937 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:42 - Apr 8 by Basuco

I doubt, as a UK tax resident, she's paid much if any tax in India on dividend receipts. There is a very well trodden (and legal) path with a Mauritian structure that I imagine she takes advantage of.

She does pay UK tax on UK earnings as she's UK tax resident.

The rules on non-dom are outdated. Essentially relies on where her father considered permanent home (when born) and, laughably, where they intend to retire. A lot of super rich with a foreign background avoid bringing foreign earnings onshore as a result.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:52 - Apr 8 with 1912 viewsKeno

I misheard her name as Akshata Murphy and thought she was Irish

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:54 - Apr 8 with 1913 viewsfooters

And to think that some enlightened political commentators on here were touting him as next PM!

Mired in sh1t. Just like the rest of the Tory party.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 15:00 - Apr 8 with 1899 viewsleitrimblue

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:52 - Apr 8 by Keno

I misheard her name as Akshata Murphy and thought she was Irish

Sounds like Ak had a bad night on the stout
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 15:00 - Apr 8 with 1899 viewsPlums

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 12:51 - Apr 8 by reusersfreekicks

No 10 i reckon.

Power is intoxicating. It’s the only answer. He can’t claim he’s taken the job for altruistic reasons, the evidence is to the contrary.
We really are living in modern ‘let them eat cake’ times, except the population continue to conclude it’s what they want rather than do anything about it.

I can only hope there’s an electoral boodbath in May but it’ll be a low turnout with apathy and inertia the biggest winners.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 15:02 - Apr 8 with 1897 viewsitfcjoe

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:45 - Apr 8 by PrideOfTheEast

I doubt, as a UK tax resident, she's paid much if any tax in India on dividend receipts. There is a very well trodden (and legal) path with a Mauritian structure that I imagine she takes advantage of.

She does pay UK tax on UK earnings as she's UK tax resident.

The rules on non-dom are outdated. Essentially relies on where her father considered permanent home (when born) and, laughably, where they intend to retire. A lot of super rich with a foreign background avoid bringing foreign earnings onshore as a result.

Any rules where you pay a £30k fee to allow yourself to do effectively what you want tax wise are ripe for the uber-rich to exploit (legally)

That Sunak thinks he can go with the line that his wife's financial affairs aren't anything to do with him or relevant is just a mental position to try and take - and to back up the line from her spokesman her having to give up Indian citizenship is never going to go well.....

I'm sure many won't think it is a big deal, but when the chancellor presumably has some input into non-dom rules if they were to be reassessed it's a massive conflict of interests - as well as the moral position of it

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:03 - Apr 8 with 1755 viewsIllinoisblue

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:37 - Apr 8 by Swansea_Blue

I think you're right, I don't think you have to have a place in your 'home' country, but you do need to prove you intend to return and your time in the UK is transient. It seems massively open to abuse to me (probably deliberately so).

Apparently it also seems likely that they're using tax havens. All legal but thoroughly immoral.

He’s just like the rest of them, snout in the trough and taking a s5it wherever he feels like it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:05 - Apr 8 with 1756 viewsEatonBlue

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 13:44 - Apr 8 by Basuco

Tax avoidance, tax evasion is illegal.

Good point well made. On a general note, why wouldn't anyone avoid paying more tax than they are legally obliged to?
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:18 - Apr 8 with 1722 viewsBlueBadger

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 14:54 - Apr 8 by footers

And to think that some enlightened political commentators on here were touting him as next PM!

Mired in sh1t. Just like the rest of the Tory party.

All it takes is a posh manner and a gimmick. That's why so many fools still fall over themselves to lick the boots of old 20 Stone Of Racist Mince In a 15 Stone Suit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:31 - Apr 8 with 1699 viewsitfcjoe

Still held a Green Card as an MP for 6 years and 2 years as Chancellor of the Exchequer

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:40 - Apr 8 with 1682 viewsnoggin

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:05 - Apr 8 by EatonBlue

Good point well made. On a general note, why wouldn't anyone avoid paying more tax than they are legally obliged to?

Yeah, I always put an extra bottle of wine in my suitcase when I come home from Denmark.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:41 - Apr 8 with 1675 viewsBasuco

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:05 - Apr 8 by EatonBlue

When your husband is chancellor of the exchequer, you are living in a house paid for by UK tax payers, your husband has just raised the NI rate for employers and employee's, in the middle of the biggest cost of living rise in UK history, it does not look very good. Also previously dividends have been passed through Mauritius who happen to have zero tax on dividends, so it does come across as if they are a pair of money grabbing freeloaders who do not see that they should contribute to the economy of the Country of their birth or the Country they live in. But still benefit from the tax payers of the UK and as Joe said previously, classed themselves both as US citizens for the first year of his being COE, thus avoiding UK tax then as well.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:44 - Apr 8 with 1656 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 15:02 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

Any rules where you pay a £30k fee to allow yourself to do effectively what you want tax wise are ripe for the uber-rich to exploit (legally)

That Sunak thinks he can go with the line that his wife's financial affairs aren't anything to do with him or relevant is just a mental position to try and take - and to back up the line from her spokesman her having to give up Indian citizenship is never going to go well.....

I'm sure many won't think it is a big deal, but when the chancellor presumably has some input into non-dom rules if they were to be reassessed it's a massive conflict of interests - as well as the moral position of it

Yep agree. Rightly very damaging for him.
Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:45 - Apr 8 with 1657 viewsfooters

Nothing about Mrs Sunak on here as yet this morning.... on 17:18 - Apr 8 by BlueBadger

All it takes is a posh manner and a gimmick. That's why so many fools still fall over themselves to lick the boots of old 20 Stone Of Racist Mince In a 15 Stone Suit.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Not my words, Carol, those are the words of George Orwell from Top Gear magazine.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024