Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brenner for their goal 16:56 - Apr 9 with 1370 views3_5_2

I’ve never agreed with people who say he gets more excited for the other team scoring than us but I wasn’t really listening when that equaliser went in and I honestly thought we had scored.

Not great is it ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Brenner for their goal on 16:59 - Apr 9 with 1253 viewsBarcaBlue

To be fair it was a cracking shot and came from nowhere
Brenner for their goal on 17:00 - Apr 9 with 1233 viewsKeno

maybe it was just a good goal, and maybe he was very frustrated

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Brenner for their goal on 17:04 - Apr 9 with 1121 viewswitchdoctor

welcome to the club..😉
Brenner for their goal on 17:05 - Apr 9 with 1106 viewsmarchy

Well the key is to listen, really, isn't it?
Brenner for their goal on 17:06 - Apr 9 with 1078 viewsHalifaxBlue

It was a great hit and deserved the reaction IMO.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Brenner for their goal on 17:09 - Apr 9 with 1009 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Brenner for their goal on 17:06 - Apr 9 by HalifaxBlue

It was a great hit and deserved the reaction IMO.

That was the thing. He raised his voice to make it clear it was a fantastic goal but he also kept a disappointed tone to his voice for those that were listening.

The alternative is that he doesn't raise his voice. Then you would be wondering why it isn't still 1-0 to us and complaining about how he doesn't make it clear when major action like a goal happens.

What do people really want? Brenner to give an expletive-laden rant that the opposition have equalised?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Brenner for their goal on 17:09 - Apr 9 with 1006 viewsRozz

He's a sports commentator paid by the BBC to convey the exciting moments of the football match, not just Ipswich Town's.
Brenner for their goal on 17:11 - Apr 9 with 974 viewsfooters

Brenner for their goal on 17:09 - Apr 9 by Rozz

He's a sports commentator paid by the BBC to convey the exciting moments of the football match, not just Ipswich Town's.

Indeed. And if people listened to the other regional commentators last season they'd realise what a great job Brenner does for us. Some of them were so biased it was absolutely laughable.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Brenner for their goal on 17:25 - Apr 9 with 847 viewsBluearmy71

When you see any player hit the ball so effin sweetly like that you have to appreciate it, it's a feeling, most of who have ever kicked a ball know that its not a regular thing to hit it spot on and when you do it feels amazing, so I think that knowing the feeling of just how good that strike was brings a great deal of excitement out, it was a fantastic goal and I don't think Brenner was over the top with his commentary, just taken aback by the quality of it!!
Brenner for their goal on 17:29 - Apr 9 with 799 viewsKentish_Tractor

I actually quite enjoy the fact he reacts to opposition goals. It adds a bit more emotion to the coverage and makes you really feel the pain of conceeding.

I disagree with those insinuating he reacts more favourabley to oppo goals than ours. He simply reacts to each goal for either side on the merit of the goal and the significance of its outcome to the game and/or position. He's still on our side but does a good job of giving an all-round impression of the game.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024