Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's not overreact today 17:06 - Apr 9 with 1194 viewshomer_123

Nothing more than we don't know already.

Just need to be more ruthless is all.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Let's not overreact today on 17:08 - Apr 9 with 1147 viewsbobbyramsey

Yes but once again it's the same old, same old. We should be working out ways to beat these kind of teams by now.
Let's not overreact today on 17:10 - Apr 9 with 1117 viewspointofblue

Let's not overreact today on 17:08 - Apr 9 by bobbyramsey

Yes but once again it's the same old, same old. We should be working out ways to beat these kind of teams by now.

And the fact we haven’t worked it out is a concern for me heading into the summer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Let's not overreact today on 17:10 - Apr 9 with 1101 viewsStewart27

We cannot keep relying on winning games of football by scoring a maximum of one goal.
Let's not overreact today on 17:11 - Apr 9 with 1095 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:08 - Apr 9 by bobbyramsey

I'd argue its a small step from where we are now to winning with relative ease....just need to fund the back of the net more.

Everything else is more than OK.

Let's not overreact today on 17:11 - Apr 9 with 1093 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Simple fix then! Too not be in the playoffs or even really close to it at the business end of the season for three years at this level is beyond pathetic, huge year next year for the club.
Let's not overreact today on 17:14 - Apr 9 with 1032 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:11 - Apr 9 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Simple fix then! Too not be in the playoffs or even really close to it at the business end of the season for three years at this level is beyond pathetic, huge year next year for the club.

Given that we are defensively solid...we have enough about us to create chances...then relatively speaking it is quite simple...need to find the net more.

There really isn't a lot wrong with what McK is doing...scoring is a problem but we do everything well to that point.

Let's not overreact today on 17:17 - Apr 9 with 986 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:10 - Apr 9 by Stewart27

We cannot keep relying on winning games of football by scoring a maximum of one goal.

Hence my post and us being more ruthless.

Let's not overreact today on 17:19 - Apr 9 with 968 viewsJDB23

Let's not overreact today on 17:11 - Apr 9 by homer_123

I'd argue its a small step from where we are now to winning with relative ease....just need to fund the back of the net more.

Everything else is more than OK.

Scoring goals is the hardest thing in football though. We saw how easy it was for McKenna to make us instantly more solid but so far we’ve struggled to improve at the other end in half a season. Some of that is down to the form of the players but the theme is pretty similar no matter who we have on the pitch.

I do have faith that him and the team around him will figure it out over the course of a pre-season.
Login to get fewer ads

Let's not overreact today on 17:26 - Apr 9 with 921 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:19 - Apr 9 by JDB23

Scoring goals is the hardest thing in football though. We saw how easy it was for McKenna to make us instantly more solid but so far we’ve struggled to improve at the other end in half a season. Some of that is down to the form of the players but the theme is pretty similar no matter who we have on the pitch.

I do have faith that him and the team around him will figure it out over the course of a pre-season.

But the foundation is there...so....the final piece of the jigsaw.

Let's not overreact today on 17:27 - Apr 9 with 916 viewsjayessess

No overreaction, but I think McKenna did contribute a little to our lack of ruthlessness. Aluko wasn't having a great game and Norwood barely completed a pass. Not sure why we were sat there in the 75th minute still waiting for something different to happen.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Let's not overreact today on 17:28 - Apr 9 with 900 viewspointofblue

Let's not overreact today on 17:19 - Apr 9 by JDB23

I’d love us to play Norwood and Bonne together for the final four games; the partnership that started McKenna’s first three games.

Let's not overreact today on 17:30 - Apr 9 with 897 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:27 - Apr 9 by jayessess

No overreaction, but I think McKenna did contribute a little to our lack of ruthlessness. Aluko wasn't having a great game and Norwood barely completed a pass. Not sure why we were sat there in the 75th minute still waiting for something different to happen.

We were utterly cruising though...would they have scored without the red? As Steve said...even then they needed a wordly.

Let's not overreact today on 17:31 - Apr 9 with 868 viewspointofblue

Let's not overreact today on 17:30 - Apr 9 by homer_123

We were utterly cruising though...would they have scored without the red? As Steve said...even then they needed a wordly.

We can’t keep sitting one a one goal lead thinking the opposition won’t score. If a player is struggling, he should be subbed.

Let's not overreact today on 17:39 - Apr 9 with 821 viewsjayessess

Let's not overreact today on 17:30 - Apr 9 by homer_123

You're open to a daft red and worldy if you accept cruise control at 1 goal up. 100% that wasn't what McKenna wanted, but he could've been more proactive imo.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Let's not overreact today on 17:44 - Apr 9 with 787 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:39 - Apr 9 by jayessess

You're open to a daft red and worldy if you accept cruise control at 1 goal up. 100% that wasn't what McKenna wanted, but he could've been more proactive imo.

I'd say that's very negative thinking and my OP is rather clear that we need to be more ruthless

Let's not overreact today on 17:45 - Apr 9 with 774 viewshomer_123

Let's not overreact today on 17:31 - Apr 9 by pointofblue

We can’t keep sitting one a one goal lead thinking the opposition won’t score. If a player is struggling, he should be subbed.

Well...I'd say being able to sit on a lead and seeing a game out is a good trait to learn. Had it not been for the red...that's 3 points today.

We need to be more ruthless though...as per my OP

Let's not overreact today on 18:13 - Apr 9 with 678 viewsChurchman

Exactly what Homer is saying. Spot on. No, we are not good enough. But the back end of the team is. We are a good team with a bit to do. Better than a garbage team with everything to do.

Here’s a good idea - let’s unpack the missing stuff/issues/deficiencies and use the next few months to build the front end of the team where a last second goal doesn’t matter. Difficult, but we are stuck in tinpot, Mickey Mouse Div central so it’s easily doable. If we do it well enough, we will sail through the division above too.

I know this sounds deluded, but I genuinely think that could easily happen.

Just go with it boys and girls and I think we’ll be fine.
Let's not overreact today on 18:16 - Apr 9 with 665 viewsbilllm

Let's not overreact today on 17:10 - Apr 9 by pointofblue

And the fact we haven’t worked it out is a concern for me heading into the summer.

Big concern can he fix it if not he won't be here long, game changer will want the championship after June 23, they know there investing and leaking money but that can only sustain short term, can't have the best infrastructure in league one for the next ten years,
Let's not overreact today on 18:21 - Apr 9 with 638 viewsbilllm

Let's not overreact today on 17:27 - Apr 9 by jayessess

And last Saturday not starting bakinson, hopefully he can hold it together, draws won't get you promoted, you can have a good draw where u come from behind, but we've lost to many to draws from winning positions mckenna is just as culperable,
Let's not overreact today on 18:29 - Apr 9 with 620 viewsBluearmy71

Totally agree with you, all we had was hope when KM took over no real expectancy of getting even a play off spot, KM turned out to be a brilliant appointment and got us play as a proper team again playing football the quality of which we had not seen for years, none of saw that coming because very few of us had actually heard of KM before he came here, the adrenalin flowed, the excitement gained so much more with every match and your own expectations had grown bigger and bigger, and your heart told you the way we were playing we could beat anyone in this league under KM that's when your brains should have stepped in and told you football is a funny old game in which anything can happen!!

Yes I agree with all of you we could have picked up more points but look how teams play against us, they park the bus and cheat and literally do all they can to disrupt the way we play, they don't set up to play football and sometime just sometimes that pays for them whether its a draw or a loss for us its hard to take but it happens.

This season was the dream, next season will be the reality!!
Let's not overreact today on 18:39 - Apr 9 with 584 viewsKievthegreat

"Goals win games, defence wins championships".

I see some really good building blocks for the latter, just need to sort the former with a some well thought acquisitions. Still very optimistic.
Let's not overreact today on 18:41 - Apr 9 with 577 viewsRyorry

Let's not overreact today on 18:29 - Apr 9 by Bluearmy71

Totally agree with you, all we had was hope when KM took over no real expectancy of getting even a play off spot, KM turned out to be a brilliant appointment and got us play as a proper team again playing football the quality of which we had not seen for years, none of saw that coming because very few of us had actually heard of KM before he came here, the adrenalin flowed, the excitement gained so much more with every match and your own expectations had grown bigger and bigger, and your heart told you the way we were playing we could beat anyone in this league under KM that's when your brains should have stepped in and told you football is a funny old game in which anything can happen!!

Yes I agree with all of you we could have picked up more points but look how teams play against us, they park the bus and cheat and literally do all they can to disrupt the way we play, they don't set up to play football and sometime just sometimes that pays for them whether its a draw or a loss for us its hard to take but it happens.

This season was the dream, next season will be the reality!!

*And* people keep forgetting that this isn't really "his" team.

He, with Gamechanger's backing, will get signings that he does want in the summer, esp a couple of strikers (maybe a readymade partnership?).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024