Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow fair play to Boris 20:46 - Apr 9 with 19244 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Don't worry mate.... on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 1412 viewsBloots

I don't think that's the issue here.... on 17:52 - Apr 10 by blueasfook

Indeed. I got a bit chunky during lockdown and I'm now crying into my slimmers world hot chocolate

....your personality makes up for any physical deficiencies you may think you have.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I don't think that's the issue here.... on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 1429 viewsZapers

I don't think that's the issue here.... on 17:37 - Apr 10 by Bloots

...I think it's more of a concern that there may be posters on here that are "body conscious" and the constant posts about the subject probably aren't doing those individuals much good.

Precisely, thank you sir.
Wow fair play to Boris on 17:59 - Apr 10 with 1424 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:47 - Apr 10 by waveneyblue

Maybe its because we don't read the PMs "attacks" on this forum but see Mad Harry's constant tedious name calling.

Have you considered that in your dig at everybody who has raised this? .. or do you only respect your own opinion as opposed to anyone who disagrees with you. I'm guessing I know the answer.

You don't consider the things quoted as attacks against those groups? Interesting quote marks there.

I'm not sure 'boris' reads TWTD, to be honest. So he'll probably be spared the blushes of being called fat after he himself has called himself fat.

Just an interesting set of standards some of you hold, that's all. No need to get out of your pram about it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:22 - Apr 10 with 1366 viewswaveneyblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:59 - Apr 10 by footers

You don't consider the things quoted as attacks against those groups? Interesting quote marks there.

I'm not sure 'boris' reads TWTD, to be honest. So he'll probably be spared the blushes of being called fat after he himself has called himself fat.

Just an interesting set of standards some of you hold, that's all. No need to get out of your pram about it.

They aren't quoted on here and quite honestly I don't go obsessively seeking them out like you and your chums.

You have no clue on what I think or consider, or what my standards are. So stop pretending you do with your tedious superior moral stance.
Wow fair play to Boris on 18:25 - Apr 10 with 1353 viewsHARRY10

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:47 - Apr 10 by waveneyblue

Maybe its because we don't read the PMs "attacks" on this forum but see Mad Harry's constant tedious name calling.

Have you considered that in your dig at everybody who has raised this? .. or do you only respect your own opinion as opposed to anyone who disagrees with you. I'm guessing I know the answer.

whereas

"Eireblue. You patronising twot. "

There was also a post from you calling me a prick, which seems to have been taken down.

Still hey ho, it was not just the rich elite who supported the Na zis in the 1930's, there were simpletons who kow tow to who they saw as they betters.

So we can only assume your support for Johnson includes his support for Putin.

I think such people are referred to as 'useful idiots', though whether the word 'useful' is applicable here us a matter of opinion.
Wow fair play to Boris on 18:26 - Apr 10 with 1347 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Wow fair play to Boris on 09:57 - Apr 10 by noggin

This is what a photo opportunity looks like.

100%. Sure he wouldn't be there if he didn't need the popularity points.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:30 - Apr 10 with 1332 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:22 - Apr 10 by waveneyblue

They aren't quoted on here and quite honestly I don't go obsessively seeking them out like you and your chums.

You have no clue on what I think or consider, or what my standards are. So stop pretending you do with your tedious superior moral stance.

It's hardly obsessive seeking out when these things are pretty common knowledge, long before 'boris' even became PM. Those and many other things, especially his time at the Foreign Office and his editorship of the Spectator, should have ruled him out of becoming PM in the first place. But I suppose you haven't dug that far into it.

Superior moral stance? I'm not the one on this thread crying about a fat bloke being called fat. So suck it up, snowflake. It's just tellin' it like it is.

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:40 - Apr 10 with 1285 viewslowhouseblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:25 - Apr 10 by HARRY10

whereas

There was also a post from you calling me a prick, which seems to have been taken down.

Still hey ho, it was not just the rich elite who supported the Na zis in the 1930's, there were simpletons who kow tow to who they saw as they betters.

I think such people are referred to as 'useful idiots', though whether the word 'useful' is applicable here us a matter of opinion.

go on then, what is "johnson's support for putin"? a quick peak inside the bubble.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 1294 viewswaveneyblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:30 - Apr 10 by footers

It's hardly obsessive seeking out when these things are pretty common knowledge, long before 'boris' even became PM. Those and many other things, especially his time at the Foreign Office and his editorship of the Spectator, should have ruled him out of becoming PM in the first place. But I suppose you haven't dug that far into it.

Superior moral stance? I'm not the one on this thread crying about a fat bloke being called fat. So suck it up, snowflake. It's just tellin' it like it is.

So it's OK to abuse people as long as you don't like the person being abused.

Have I got that right. You know a lot about how I think, so I need clarification.
Wow fair play to Boris on 18:48 - Apr 10 with 1288 viewswaveneyblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:25 - Apr 10 by HARRY10

whereas

Yeah it's a shame that was taken down, I still stand by that.

And Eireblue was being patronising, twot is quite polite
Wow fair play to Boris on 18:53 - Apr 10 with 1245 viewswitchdoctor

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:47 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

Have to say Witchy, that if you stopped voting Labour cos of one or even a handful of posters on this forum, that'd be incredibly sad.

I suggest you reconsider - you could start by looking at, & thinking about, the much, much bigger picture ...

It’s not just a handful on this forum R…
Wow fair play to Boris on 19:00 - Apr 10 with 1254 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:46 - Apr 10 by waveneyblue

So it's OK to abuse people as long as you don't like the person being abused.

Have I got that right. You know a lot about how I think, so I need clarification.

I dunno, what do you think about someone who's made a career of being abusive to others then getting a little bit back? And not just getting a little bit back but in a place where he'll never, ever see it. Lol.

Just seems a bit odd that some of you have now taken offence at this and none of 'boris's' documented racism, transphobia and sexism before.

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:08 - Apr 10 with 1239 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 18:48 - Apr 10 by waveneyblue

Yeah it's a shame that was taken down, I still stand by that.

And Eireblue was being patronising, twot is quite polite

You must be new here.

Eireblue was was paying homage to a particular posters occasional deeming posting style and a using a construct that has been used by many TWTD posters.

It is a form of humour sometimes employed on TWTD and other places.

You see it takes a common style of post structure and re-words it in a way that is in context with the current thread theme.

I am sure someone can explain it to you in more basic terms, if you ask nicely.
Wow fair play to Boris on 19:13 - Apr 10 with 1218 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 19:08 - Apr 10 by eireblue

You must be new here.

Eireblue was was paying homage to a particular posters occasional deeming posting style and a using a construct that has been used by many TWTD posters.

It is a form of humour sometimes employed on TWTD and other places.

You see it takes a common style of post structure and re-words it in a way that is in context with the current thread theme.

I am sure someone can explain it to you in more basic terms, if you ask nicely.

I seem to remember a particular poster 'hijacking' pretty much every thread he was on to demonise a certain political party and its then leader, along with his human footnote. That went on for about two or three years non-stop. In fact, it's still happening now.

To see said poster then level that at others was hilarious in the extreme. Zero self-awareness.

I don't think that's the issue here.... on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 1185 viewsleitrimblue

I don't think that's the issue here.... on 17:37 - Apr 10 by Bloots

...I think it's more of a concern that there may be posters on here that are "body conscious" and the constant posts about the subject probably aren't doing those individuals much good.

Fair enough, perhaps those that are body conscious could take a few minutes to quickly clarify that there just as offended by Boris,s previous racist and homophobic remarks as they are of Boris being called chubby
Thankfully there are very little..... on 19:55 - Apr 10 with 1142 viewsBloots

I don't think that's the issue here.... on 19:32 - Apr 10 by leitrimblue

Fair enough, perhaps those that are body conscious could take a few minutes to quickly clarify that there just as offended by Boris,s previous racist and homophobic remarks as they are of Boris being called chubby

....if any, displays of homophobia or racism exhibited by users of this board.

On the rare occasions that there is it is called out immediately and dealt with by the excellent admin team.

There is however a constant stream of body shaming, a large proportion of which comes from one, very, very odd poster.

Boris being a racist homophobe is irrelevant in this context, he doesn't post on and I doubt he even reads the board.

Be kind.

Cheers.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:00 - Apr 10 with 1142 viewsfooters

Thankfully there are very little..... on 19:55 - Apr 10 by Bloots

....if any, displays of homophobia or racism exhibited by users of this board.

On the rare occasions that there is it is called out immediately and dealt with by the excellent admin team.

There is however a constant stream of body shaming, a large proportion of which comes from one, very, very odd poster.

Boris being a racist homophobe is irrelevant in this context, he doesn't post on and I doubt he even reads the board.

Be kind.

Cheers.

This u, fam?

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:28 - Apr 10 with 1053 viewsblueasfook

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:51 - Apr 10 by Ryorry

If you actually lived here, I suspect you'd be more than "a little" angry.

So is everyone who lives in the UK angry?

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:31 - Apr 10 with 1067 viewsgazzer1999

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:28 - Apr 10 by blueasfook

NO
Wow fair play to Boris on 20:33 - Apr 10 with 1039 viewsblueasfook

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:31 - Apr 10 by gazzer1999

NO

I'M CERTAINLY NOT ANGRY!!!

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:37 - Apr 10 with 1045 viewsZapers

Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:00 - Apr 10 by footers

This u, fam?

At least Bloots has the intelligence to recognise the issue. You on the other hand...
Wow fair play to Boris on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 1013 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:28 - Apr 10 by blueasfook

If they're not, they bloody well should be

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:42 - Apr 10 with 1013 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:37 - Apr 10 by Zapers

At least Bloots has the intelligence to recognise the issue. You on the other hand...

So if we aren’t allowed to comment on Boris being fat, does that mean we can’t mock Vladolf being a midget. Or will you also be offended by that as well?
Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:46 - Apr 10 with 992 viewsfooters

Thankfully there are very little..... on 20:37 - Apr 10 by Zapers

So body shaming lower league referees is cool, but not the Prime Minister who describes himself as fat? OK.

Makes sense from the poster who was crying over child abuse one minute and defending Ghislaine Maxwell the next.

Wow fair play to Boris on 20:49 - Apr 10 with 976 viewsRyorry

Wow fair play to Boris on 17:44 - Apr 10 by eireblue

I wonder which serving U.K. PM wouldn’t have visited Ukraine.

Blair visited Afghanistan, Cameron Libya etc..

That got me wondering if Thatcher visited the Falklands during that war.

She didn't (too far & short war I guess) but this article is well worth a re-visit - hadn't realised just how much that war saved her political skin -

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/apr/09/margaret-thatcher-falklands-gam

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024