Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow fair play to Boris 20:46 - Apr 9 with 19183 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:04 - Apr 11 with 1698 viewslowhouseblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:48 - Apr 11 by eireblue

No more context than he implied a person from Ireland should shut their gob when commenting on his posts, because of some spurious link with how the Republic of Ireland is set up as a country, e.g. a Neutral state.

Apparently it was a joke.

But from GB, I guess there is some more context.
Consider if a poster were to say, “If I was a Jewish person I would shut my gob, because Isreal hadn’t sent weapons to the Ukraine.”

And lets not forget a principle that both GB and I have posted on a number of occasions, paraphrased for brevity,
“It is the subject of a comment, not the person making the comment, that gets to decide if it is abusive and/or racist”.

I will also pop in another point about racist comments.
Racist comments are not just about putting down people of different, race religion etc..
Racist comments are also those that suggest superiority of one group over another.

I am not entirely sure why GB responded to my post, that was about the accuracy and content of his post, by referencing the actions of the Republic of Ireland, and implying I should shut my gob.

His ‘splaining made it clear he thought it was fine.

sorry this is a bit off topic, but

“It is the subject of a comment, not the person making the comment, that gets to decide if it is abusive and/or racist”

is just plain nonsense. someone can certainly decide if they are offended by a comment, because offence is entirely subjective. but abuse and racism have to have an objective basis. otherwise really serious accusations have validity simply at the whim of someone who declares themselves a victim. in the case of racism the law provides an objective measure and the view of the subject doesn't decide it.

but anyone one can of course be offended by anything they chose.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:17 - Apr 11 with 1694 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:04 - Apr 11 by lowhouseblue

sorry this is a bit off topic, but

“It is the subject of a comment, not the person making the comment, that gets to decide if it is abusive and/or racist”

is just plain nonsense. someone can certainly decide if they are offended by a comment, because offence is entirely subjective. but abuse and racism have to have an objective basis. otherwise really serious accusations have validity simply at the whim of someone who declares themselves a victim. in the case of racism the law provides an objective measure and the view of the subject doesn't decide it.

but anyone one can of course be offended by anything they chose.

On the intellectual discussion, sure take that up with GB.

I posted something to GB, directly about GB that he didn’t like.

His response was to imply someone in my position should shut my gob, because of my ethnicity.

Annoyed/angry/mildly irate/in a rush not thinking/ British person, tells a person with an Irish background to shut their gob, because of the neutrality of the Republic of Ireland.

Feel free to comment, or not, on that as well.
Wow fair play to Boris on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 1647 viewslowhouseblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:17 - Apr 11 by eireblue

His response was to imply someone in my position should shut my gob, because of my ethnicity.

Annoyed/angry/mildly irate/in a rush not thinking/ British person, tells a person with an Irish background to shut their gob, because of the neutrality of the Republic of Ireland.

i said it was off topic.

i don't hold you responsible for the actions of the republic of ireland. i had always imagined that you were based over there - i don't know why.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 1666 viewsHARRY10

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:23 - Apr 11 by Ryorry

No-one's said that the UK (and Johnson's govt.) haven't been very helpful to Ukraine.

All we sceptics have said is that Johnson/his Govt.'s motive for helping them, particularly this photo-op visit wasn't in the main genuine altruism, but grasped as a chance to boost their domestic popularity & retain power.

How can we be so certain about this? Because the history of him/his govt. reveals that they've never once done anything genuinely altruistic, nor implemented any policy that genuinely benefited the majority of less well-off or less privileged people unless they were forced to (eg Marcus Rashford getting a U-turn out of them re free meals for kids').

But thread seems to be going to pot, so this post may disappear into the ether!

"Because the history of him/his govt. reveals that they've never once done anything genuinely altruistic, nor implemented any policy that genuinely benefited the majority of less well-off or less privileged people unless they were forced to (eg Marcus Rashford getting a U-turn out of them re free meals for kids'). "

Steady old fellow the righties don't like hearing the truth

To them Blubba has never lied, is not incompetent and everything he touches turns to gold.

For an example have a read of GB's pro Le Pen pronouncements (yesterday)- about as accurate as Stevie Wonders commentary on the Grand National.

His waddling about Kyev was about as useful as him hiding in the fridge.

Anything said could have been done by Skype etc. But then where would the photos be there ? Just as his innumerable photos wearing a hi viz tent at various industrial sites. He even has a number of photographers 'on the strength' to ensure what goes out does not show the truth.

An embarrassment to his country, and a political pariah to the rest *

Sort out the Ukraine refugee failure, you useless Walrus of Waffle - and while you are at it tell us all when this health campaign you were going to launch is to be launched.... when you get down to 11 stone perhaps ?

* what Nato thinks of this Putin apologist

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:27 - Apr 11 with 1669 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:53 - Apr 11 by Darth_Koont

Anyone who thinks it’s “incredible” is a bit of a div.

I meant more that a city expected to fall in 48 hours was now seeing the Ukrainian president hosing another leader.

You are so arrogant it's unreal. The worst poster on this site by a country mile.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:28 - Apr 11 with 1660 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:17 - Apr 11 by eireblue

I did not tell you to shut your gob because of your ethnicity. I said that If I lived in neutral country that that hasn't sent so much as a pea shooter to help the people fighting an invasion, I personally would shut my gob criticising the UK's position on Ukraine.

Your ethnicity is irrelevant. I would same the same to noggin, who is British, if Norway were neutral in this conflict. You are trying to see something that isn't there. You have made it clear that you are not a resident of ROI. I apologize for any offence caused.

edit. I've just edited this as I see I typed relevant when I should have typed irrelevant. No idea why the iphone went with that. Why else would I then say 'I would same the same to noggin, who is British, if Norway were neutral in this conflict'. Noggin's Britishness is irrelevant as he is a resident of Norway.

No doubt people will say I'm making this up but this was a genuine mistype whilst sitting in a dentist waiting room on an iphone.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 16:49]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:29 - Apr 11 with 1657 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:25 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

"Because the history of him/his govt. reveals that they've never once done anything genuinely altruistic, nor implemented any policy that genuinely benefited the majority of less well-off or less privileged people unless they were forced to (eg Marcus Rashford getting a U-turn out of them re free meals for kids'). "

To them Blubba has never lied, is not incompetent and everything he touches turns to gold.

For an example have a read of GB's pro Le Pen pronouncements (yesterday)- about as accurate as Stevie Wonders commentary on the Grand National.

Anything said could have been done by Skype etc. But then where would the photos be there ? Just as his innumerable photos wearing a hi viz tent at various industrial sites. He even has a number of photographers 'on the strength' to ensure what goes out does not show the truth.

Sort out the Ukraine refugee failure, you useless Walrus of Waffle - and while you are at it tell us all when this health campaign you were going to launch is to be launched.... when you get down to 11 stone perhaps ?

This thread has already made it to page 8, and you are now making jokes about blind people.

20 pages it is then.
Wow fair play to Boris on 15:36 - Apr 11 with 1626 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:25 - Apr 11 by HARRY10

My 'pro Le Pen pronouncements'? I never made any such 'pro Le Pen pronouncements' Harold. Who writes your posts? Footers?

Oh nice joke at the expense of the blind. It was at the expense of the disabled just a few days ago.

And you ra estill peddling Lebrov's fake news on here despite being put right on your op.

Monsieur Creosote by Swansea_Blue 24 Mar 2022 18:12
This seems to show the very worse of social media and clipped videos. If you watch the longer clip there’s nothing to see. He’s a little bit socially awkward but nothing out of the ordinary. He’s not ignored. The only notable and embarrassing thing is how slovenly he is. Looks like he slept in his suit.

https://twitter.com/Forbes/status/1506969668589965313?s=20&t=X-P4gUfv_R4Un31ANs_O-A

To keep on pedaling this makes you either thick or a bot.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:52 - Apr 11 with 1592 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:29 - Apr 11 by SuperKieranMcKenna

This thread has already made it to page 8, and you are now making jokes about blind people.

20 pages it is then.

Yes but he's a "lefty" so sexism, misogyny, body shaming and jokes about disabled people are acceptable.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:55 - Apr 11 with 1591 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:28 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I did not tell you to shut your gob because of your ethnicity. I said that If I lived in neutral country that that hasn't sent so much as a pea shooter to help the people fighting an invasion, I personally would shut my gob criticising the UK's position on Ukraine.

Your ethnicity is irrelevant. I would same the same to noggin, who is British, if Norway were neutral in this conflict. You are trying to see something that isn't there. You have made it clear that you are not a resident of ROI. I apologize for any offence caused.

edit. I've just edited this as I see I typed relevant when I should have typed irrelevant. No idea why the iphone went with that. Why else would I then say 'I would same the same to noggin, who is British, if Norway were neutral in this conflict'. Noggin's Britishness is irrelevant as he is a resident of Norway.

No doubt people will say I'm making this up but this was a genuine mistype whilst sitting in a dentist waiting room on an iphone.

Let’s just make this clear.

At no point did I criticise Johnson, or the UK, during this thread, on its actions, in this thread.

This is what you posted. In response to me directing a comment at you specifically.

“ I see some countries continue to remain militarily neutral during this invasion

As somebody once said, “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut whilst the United Kingdom continues to lead the way in providing Ukraine the lethal aid it so desperately needs.”

I am not sure what the first line or second line has to do with my post, or posting.

Your third paragraph explicitly says “..from one of those”, not “lived”.

So far you have only proffered a politicians apology, seemingly linked to you not knowing where I lived.

I am not trying to see anything GB. I saw it. And I am taken aback by the initial comment and your follow-up responses.
I know we tangle directly with each other at times.

But sorry mate. That was inexcusable.
Wow fair play to Boris on 16:05 - Apr 11 with 1554 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:28 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Would you accept the same about you if you were Jewish and Israel has not sent any support too?

We are allowed to have a different belief to the practice of our own Government and to criticise on the basis of our own beliefs regardless of our Government's practices.

Your stance here is incredible, GB.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:08 - Apr 11 with 1540 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:55 - Apr 11 by eireblue

Let’s just make this clear.

At no point did I criticise Johnson, or the UK, during this thread, on its actions, in this thread.

This is what you posted. In response to me directing a comment at you specifically.

“ I see some countries continue to remain militarily neutral during this invasion

As somebody once said, “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”

If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut whilst the United Kingdom continues to lead the way in providing Ukraine the lethal aid it so desperately needs.”

I am not sure what the first line or second line has to do with my post, or posting.

Your third paragraph explicitly says “..from one of those”, not “lived”.

So far you have only proffered a politicians apology, seemingly linked to you not knowing where I lived.

I am not trying to see anything GB. I saw it. And I am taken aback by the initial comment and your follow-up responses.
I know we tangle directly with each other at times.

But sorry mate. That was inexcusable.

And once again I apologize not just for the offence you feel but for the offence I caused. Regarding my use of "from' rather than 'lived' you are misreading my meaning. Again your ethnicity was/is irrelevant.

I'm genuinely sorry that my choice of words was open to an interpretation that wasn't meant, and that is completely on me and nobody else.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:10 - Apr 11 with 1536 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:05 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Would you accept the same about you if you were Jewish and Israel has not sent any support too?

We are allowed to have a different belief to the practice of our own Government and to criticise on the basis of our own beliefs regardless of our Government's practices.

Your stance here is incredible, GB.

Don't fall into the trap of conflating being Jewish with complete support for Israel.

Especially if somebody is Jewish and has absolutely no connection to Israel.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 16:12]

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:18 - Apr 11 with 1501 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:10 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Don't fall into the trap of conflating being Jewish with complete support for Israel.

Especially if somebody is Jewish and has absolutely no connection to Israel.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 16:12]

Don't fall into the trap of conflating being Irish with complete support for Eire.

Especially if somebody is Irish and has absolutely no connection to Eire.

Rather my point entirely. Your suggestion that someone with a particular heritage/residence/nationality or whatever cannot comment on a particular issue due to their country's Government's practice is ludicrous.

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:19 - Apr 11 with 1494 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Wow fair play to Boris on 14:24 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

The UK and US have been arming and training Ukraine soldiers since the annexation of Crimea in 2014. The current government’s actions are just an extension of that policy. There is no hidden motive.

They can do all that without Boris going there for a filmed walkabout and a 'member of the public' coming up to him and saying how great he is.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:20 - Apr 11 with 1484 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:18 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Don't fall into the trap of conflating being Irish with complete support for Eire.

Especially if somebody is Irish and has absolutely no connection to Eire.

Rather my point entirely. Your suggestion that someone with a particular heritage/residence/nationality or whatever cannot comment on a particular issue due to their country's Government's practice is ludicrous.

That isn't what I said.

btw one of your up arrowers, fully aware of my family's Jewish heritage once insisted I give a position on the Israel/palestine conflict if I was going to discuss antisemitism. The same poster also said that British Jews could make their lives easier regarding antisemitism if they spoke out against what was happening in Israel.

Not one poster spoke out against either statement.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 16:28]

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:23 - Apr 11 with 1447 viewsleitrimblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 09:47 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I see some countries continue to remain militarily neutral during this invasion

If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut whilst the United Kingdom continues to lead the way in providing Ukraine the lethal aid it so desperately needs.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 9:59]

If your in a neutral country that doesn't send military equipment you should keep your gob shut? That's an incredible statement
Wow fair play to Boris on 16:24 - Apr 11 with 1435 viewsblueasfook

Wow fair play to Boris on 15:27 - Apr 11 by J2BLUE

I meant more that a city expected to fall in 48 hours was now seeing the Ukrainian president hosing another leader.

You are so arrogant it's unreal. The worst poster on this site by a country mile.

Go J2!

We trained you well. Though I think he's narrowly beaten to the position of worst poster by Harry10 who I am convinced is about to have a Boris-induced aneurysm.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:24 - Apr 11 with 1446 viewseireblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:08 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

And once again I apologize not just for the offence you feel but for the offence I caused. Regarding my use of "from' rather than 'lived' you are misreading my meaning. Again your ethnicity was/is irrelevant.

I'm genuinely sorry that my choice of words was open to an interpretation that wasn't meant, and that is completely on me and nobody else.

No GB. This isn’t about choice of words or interpretation.
Wow fair play to Boris on 16:29 - Apr 11 with 1414 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:24 - Apr 11 by eireblue

I'll be sure to notify the authorities about this disgusting hibernophobia. A story as old as time.

And no, I won't lay your patio, I'm afraid.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:30 - Apr 11 with 1404 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:24 - Apr 11 by eireblue

It's entirely my fault that my words were open to another interpretation. What I posted should have been worded far better. I once again apologise.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:33 - Apr 11 with 1386 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:30 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

It's entirely my fault that my words were open to another interpretation. What I posted should have been worded far better. I once again apologise.

Feel free to state what you actually did mean by

"If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut"

then.

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:38 - Apr 11 with 1360 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:33 - Apr 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Feel free to state what you actually did mean by

"If I was from one of those neutral countries who don’t send one piece of military equipment to defend a city that is being flattened such as Mariupol, I may consider keeping my gob shut"

then.

I have several times.

Wow fair play to Boris by GlasgowBlue 11 Apr 2022 15:28

Look, let's not pretend you care about Eireblue or what I said. This is payback for a couple of times I pulled you for spreading inaccurate and misleading information.

I'll reply to EireBlue on this. No one else.

Iron Lion Zion

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:42 - Apr 11 with 1339 viewsfooters

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:38 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I have several times.

Look, let's not pretend you care about Eireblue or what I said. This is payback for a couple of times I pulled you for spreading inaccurate and misleading information.

"Your ethnicity is relevant."

"I'll reply to EireBlue on this. No one else."

So if you're also of Irish heritage you can't criticise what you said? Why's that?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:43 - Apr 11 with 1332 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow fair play to Boris on 16:38 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

I have several times.

Nope. Nothing personal about you or EireBlue.

It is about you saying "If I lived in neutral country that that hasn't sent so much as a pea shooter to help the people fighting an invasion, I personally would shut my gob criticising the UK's position on Ukraine".

He is perfectly entitled to make comment. He wasn't criticising the UK sending military support either and you know it. Sometimes you seem to think it is OK to support some things a party does whilst criticise other things. And then you say you can't do that to the Conservatives. You are a funny one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024