Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. 23:32 - Apr 9 with 1512 viewsTheBoyBlue

There are tweaks here and there needed, but the only major thing that needs changing is our finishing. The defence has been brilliant since McKenna has come in, but the pressure that they must be under when we can't turn dominance into goals must be immense.

If we're looking for players who can resolve this problem, we could do worse than look at the numerous players who have been able to score from the minimal number of chances against us this season whilst we seem to need dozens to get the same number of goals. I exaggerate of course, but today is a prime example.

In all seriousness though, I have confidence in McKenna and the team in place at the club to rectify this over the summer. Bring on next season!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 06:36 - Apr 10 with 1378 viewsArnieM

I wouldn’t even say it’s our “ finishing”. It’s more about our approach play and a willingness to get shots off . We simply don’t even look for the shot on goal !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 08:27 - Apr 10 with 1294 viewsMenton

I don’t think it’s finishing that’s the problem, it’s that final ball that seems to let us down so often. There is an argument to say that better strikers would perhaps find space and land on the ball more often I guess. We work great positions now, which is the difference from Lambert, where all that passing never seemed to get us anywhere. I think McK might tweak the formation over final games / summer.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 08:44 - Apr 10 with 1257 viewsBlueBertie

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 08:27 - Apr 10 by Menton

I don’t think it’s finishing that’s the problem, it’s that final ball that seems to let us down so often. There is an argument to say that better strikers would perhaps find space and land on the ball more often I guess. We work great positions now, which is the difference from Lambert, where all that passing never seemed to get us anywhere. I think McK might tweak the formation over final games / summer.

Sorry Menton, downvoted by mistake.
Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 08:49 - Apr 10 with 1256 viewsBlueBertie

A fair proportion of moaners on here don't go to away games and haven't worked out what a VPN is. If you can't see what is going on with the progress then god help us.
Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 1171 viewsLeoMuff

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 08:49 - Apr 10 by BlueBertie

A fair proportion of moaners on here don't go to away games and haven't worked out what a VPN is. If you can't see what is going on with the progress then god help us.

We have definitely progressed, but are some way from the finished article which is the concern, hopefully some new faces and a pre season will solve the creative and goal scoring issues.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:29 - Apr 10 with 1161 viewstextbackup

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:23 - Apr 10 by LeoMuff

We have definitely progressed, but are some way from the finished article which is the concern, hopefully some new faces and a pre season will solve the creative and goal scoring issues.

its absolutely not a concern.

he's been here with a squad he took on, and made us 10 times better.

few changes here and there and we'll look a more complete outfit.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:49 - Apr 10 with 1129 viewspointofblue

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:29 - Apr 10 by textbackup

The final sentence is easier said than done though, especially in attack. One of the highest scorers in the league this season is someone most of us thought was a busted flush when he was with us. In return, we signed someone who was scoring them for fun at Wimbledon, but he hasn’t done much at all here.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 10:29 - Apr 10 with 1096 viewstextbackup

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:49 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

The final sentence is easier said than done though, especially in attack. One of the highest scorers in the league this season is someone most of us thought was a busted flush when he was with us. In return, we signed someone who was scoring them for fun at Wimbledon, but he hasn’t done much at all here.

good job we have a professional backroom team to now look into these things deeper then isnt it

Login to get fewer ads

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 10:32 - Apr 10 with 1091 viewsLeoMuff

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 09:29 - Apr 10 by textbackup

Maybe, I’m not totally convinced and I suppose it the potential for another false dawn that’s the killer and got people a bit jumpy.

The concern is that it feels we have gone backward in regard scoring and cutting edge, and it’s a really tricky thing to sort and recruit to, are we x 10 better, defensively we are, but going forward I’m not convinced we are anywhere near.

My worry is in the 19 games he’s had we are just in the play offs, 1 point worse would be 7th. But this isn’t his squad and he will be fully backed to improve us.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 10:40 - Apr 10 with 1072 viewsFrimleyBlue

What is OTT about the posts people have made.

Should the forum be shut down until the new season? As unless you are saying everything is amazing, the alternative views are seen as OTT.

People are entirely correct to share concerns about goals scored as its something that's stopped us winning quite a few games even under KM. That's just how it is.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 11:02 - Apr 10 with 1039 viewsElephantintheRoom

Given the plethora of loans leaving and coming in it’ll be half a new team next season at the very least - and that’s before the recruitment team try and justify their position - or one or two players agitate for a move to the rarified air of the championship or above. The likes of Norwood will be gone too so inevitably there will be wholesale changes next season yet again

There are a number of previously high scoring players on the books who currently can’t hit a barn door. That tends to suggest taking on another 30 goal or 20 goal striker isn’t the answer. It’s to play a more effective game based on winning rather than focus on not losing.

In conclusion the situation now is much as it was at this point last season - a new manager with carte blanche to create ‘his’ team with the total support of Brutus Ashton. What could possibly go wrong?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 12:00 - Apr 10 with 964 viewspennblue

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 11:02 - Apr 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Given the plethora of loans leaving and coming in it’ll be half a new team next season at the very least - and that’s before the recruitment team try and justify their position - or one or two players agitate for a move to the rarified air of the championship or above. The likes of Norwood will be gone too so inevitably there will be wholesale changes next season yet again

There are a number of previously high scoring players on the books who currently can’t hit a barn door. That tends to suggest taking on another 30 goal or 20 goal striker isn’t the answer. It’s to play a more effective game based on winning rather than focus on not losing.

In conclusion the situation now is much as it was at this point last season - a new manager with carte blanche to create ‘his’ team with the total support of Brutus Ashton. What could possibly go wrong?

If they take a metrics based view on our entire front line,

Celina, Chaplin, Burns, Aluko, Bonne, Piggot, Jackson and Norwood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/top-scorers

Impact per game (Lower score better)

Burns 17 / 36 = 2.1 games
Celina 11 / 29 = 2.6 games
Norwood 8 / 21 = 2.625 games
Jackson 6 / 16 = 2.66
Bonne 15 / 42 = 2.8 games

Chaplin 10 / 39 = 3.9 games

Aluko 3 / 34 = 11.3 games
Piggot 2 / 23 = 11.5 games

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 12:38 - Apr 10 with 894 viewspointofblue

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 10:29 - Apr 10 by textbackup

good job we have a professional backroom team to now look into these things deeper then isnt it

Yes. And last year Ashton put together a horrific squad which we all knew at the start of the season would limp around mid table.

It’s all very well getting the best players in the division together but making them the best team is very different, as this season has showed.

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 12:46 - Apr 10 with 884 viewsWickets

I think the reaction is for a season of this sort of result !
Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 13:15 - Apr 10 with 839 viewsAlanG296

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 12:46 - Apr 10 by Wickets

I think the reaction is for a season of this sort of result !

It's the reaction to the reaction that's OTT not the reaction to the game.
Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 13:23 - Apr 10 with 828 viewstextbackup

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 12:38 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Yes. And last year Ashton put together a horrific squad which we all knew at the start of the season would limp around mid table.

It’s all very well getting the best players in the division together but making them the best team is very different, as this season has showed.

sorry?

ashton put together what?

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 824 viewspointofblue

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 13:23 - Apr 10 by textbackup

sorry?

ashton put together what?

Sorry, sarcasm doesn’t come across well in writing.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 13:25]

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 640 viewsWickets

Lots of OTT reaction to the last couple of results. on 13:15 - Apr 10 by AlanG296

It's the reaction to the reaction that's OTT not the reaction to the game.

Indeed . My son has just said to me that our acceptance of Mediocrity is a worry as we gave our under performing players yet another standing ovation at the end of last match . I'm not saying boo them BUT !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024