Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? 09:49 - Apr 12 with 1719 viewsKeno

Inspired by Hypy and cos I'm bored does anyone know anything interesting vaguely Hull related?

All I can think of is Rod Hull, although he came from Kent and Emu, which come from Australis

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:54 - Apr 12 with 1116 viewshype313

Probably the best I can think of is that Lee Bracey played for both us and Hull.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:56 - Apr 12 with 1107 viewshoppy

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:54 - Apr 12 by hype313

Probably the best I can think of is that Lee Bracey played for both us and Hull.

As did Alex Bruce - the two clubs he made most appearances for out of all his clubs.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:59 - Apr 12 with 1084 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s not Hull at all. It’s Kingston upon Hull. Which is quite interesting.

For reasons that are still unclear Hull was given East Anglian status by Anglia TV in the 60s. Mind you they did have a very good team with Chilton and Wagstaff up front often making entertaining viewing on Match of the Week

It’s also a pretty vile place - hence that old Yorkshire saying ‘From Hull, Hell and Halifax, the Lord God preserve us (or words to that effect)

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:00 - Apr 12 with 1089 viewsDanTheMan

For some reason on YouTube I keep getting a "Visit Hull" advert.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:01 - Apr 12 with 1080 viewshype313

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:00 - Apr 12 by DanTheMan

For some reason on YouTube I keep getting a "Visit Hull" advert.

Having had a glance this morning, I'm minded to think your ad needs the U changing to an E.

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:06 - Apr 12 with 1072 viewsKeno

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:56 - Apr 12 by hoppy

As did Alex Bruce - the two clubs he made most appearances for out of all his clubs.

It is a little know fact that Alex Bruce is a distant relative of Robert the Bruce famed for his saying 'If at first you dont succeed bring him down in the penalty area, thrown a hissy fit and sent off"

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 1064 viewshoppy

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:06 - Apr 12 by Keno

It is a little know fact that Alex Bruce is a distant relative of Robert the Bruce famed for his saying 'If at first you dont succeed bring him down in the penalty area, thrown a hissy fit and sent off"

It is a little know fact that Alex Bruce is a distant relative of Robert the Bruce famed for his saying 'If at first you don't succeed bring him down in the penalty area, throw up, have a hissy fit and get sent off"

There you are, corrected it for you, for detail.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:09 - Apr 12 with 1062 viewsSitfcB

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:56 - Apr 12 by hoppy

And Alan Lee.

Josh Emmanuel.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 10:10]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 1045 viewsBasingstokeBlue

It is the home of the UK's only municipally owned telephone corporation (KCOM), which operates independently from BT.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:19 - Apr 12 with 1034 viewshype313

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:14 - Apr 12 by BasingstokeBlue

It is the home of the UK's only municipally owned telephone corporation (KCOM), which operates independently from BT.

Not for much longer.

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:28 - Apr 12 with 1023 viewsKeno

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:19 - Apr 12 by hype313

Not for much longer.

that cos of Global Warming raising sea levels and leaving Hull under 30ft of water?

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:46 - Apr 12 with 999 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The Humber Bridge is feckin big.....and goes to North Lincolnshire which is marginally more interesting than Kingston Upon Hull.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:25 - Apr 12 with 933 viewsblueasfook

Journalist and Lebanese hostage John McArthy is an alumni of Hull university and the Students Union bar is named after him.

Also, William Wilberforce MP who was instrumental in abolishing slavery.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:27 - Apr 12 with 927 viewsblueasfook

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:14 - Apr 12 by BasingstokeBlue

Cream-coloured telephone boxes were unique to Hull. Not sure if they still have them.

TWTD Veteran

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 934 viewsKievthegreat

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:59 - Apr 12 by ElephantintheRoom

For reasons that are still unclear Hull was given East Anglian status by Anglia TV in the 60s. Mind you they did have a very good team with Chilton and Wagstaff up front often making entertaining viewing on Match of the Week

It’s also a pretty vile place - hence that old Yorkshire saying ‘From Hull, Hell and Halifax, the Lord God preserve us (or words to that effect)

I usually go for "Hull on earth".
Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:30 - Apr 12 with 914 viewsblueasfook

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:46 - Apr 12 by StochesStotasBlewe

The Humber Bridge is feckin big.....and goes to North Lincolnshire which is marginally more interesting than Kingston Upon Hull.

What is interesting in North Lincs? Grimsby? Lincoln is nice mind.

TWTD Veteran

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:35 - Apr 12 with 916 viewsclive_baker

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 10:09 - Apr 12 by SitfcB

And Alan Lee.

Josh Emmanuel.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 10:10]

Sone Aluko

I just think of the OFAH episode 'To Hull and back'.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:38 - Apr 12 with 908 viewsgainsboroughblue

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 09:59 - Apr 12 by ElephantintheRoom

It was all to do with the Belmont Transmitter. The signal stretched into Lincs and part of Yorkshire. I'm sure there's a better explanation of it somewhere but the transmitter was transferred to Yorkshire TV sometime in the 70's. I believe there are some people in North Norfolk who can pick up 'Look North' etc now.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:42 - Apr 12 with 901 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:30 - Apr 12 by blueasfook

What is interesting in North Lincs? Grimsby? Lincoln is nice mind.

The clue is in the word, marginally.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:45 - Apr 12 with 894 viewsfooters

The Titanic's had over three million rivets.

Bit of a waste really.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:48 - Apr 12 with 877 viewsleitrimblue

It as it's own pie delivery service!
Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:53 - Apr 12 with 854 viewsclive_baker

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:48 - Apr 12 by leitrimblue

It as it's own pie delivery service!

Please tell me they've called it Hullo Fresh

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:56 - Apr 12 with 843 viewsvilanovablue

Phillip Larkin was chief librarian at Hull Uni.
Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:59 - Apr 12 with 833 viewsleitrimblue

Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:53 - Apr 12 by clive_baker

Please tell me they've called it Hullo Fresh

The link is on the Any Hull residents? thread below. No, it's something bland like the Hull bakery. Pies look v good though
Interesting vaguely Hull related facts anyone? on 11:39 - Apr 13 with 687 viewsblueasfook

Housemartins (and latterly Beautiful South) hail from Hull.

Paul Heaton could regularly be found drinking in a pub called the Grafton Arms when I was a student there.

TWTD Veteran

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024