Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... 00:01 - Apr 13 with 2483 viewsmutters

Then who the devil takes over?

As much as they should go, I worry about who's next inline.

Priti?
Raab?
Truss?

Fook me what a list.

Shame Rory Stewart isn't about still as he might be the best of a exceptionally bad group.

Whatever happens I see no positives in them either staying or going. We are truly fooked.

Any chance the Conservatives can get a loan in from another party for the next 2.5 years?

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:03 - Apr 13 with 2079 viewsBlueBadger

The main question in my head is this: Will they try to claim the fines on expenses?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:13 - Apr 13 with 2052 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

BCWYWF?

Now?

On this issue?

I mean I take your point but really?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:37 - Apr 13 with 2012 viewsHARRY10

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:03 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

The main question in my head is this: Will they try to claim the fines on expenses?

Bloater lying, yet again

"read my lips we will not be raising taxes on income, or VAT or NI "
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:41 - Apr 13 with 2012 viewsHARRY10

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:03 - Apr 13 by BlueBadger

Johnson has tried to pay his in roubles, drawn on his Moscow branch of the Putin Olly Dark (money) Bank
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 08:13 - Apr 13 with 1831 viewsChurchman

They should both resign now along with Patel for her disgraceful efforts to block refugees from Ukraine alone. Any MP whose taken a donation from a Russian oligarch should also resign and quite frankly charged with handling stolen goods.

A general election should be called and all these people barred from standing along with anyone who has previously fiddled their expenses. It’s time to get some standards back into public life. In the interim six weeks, a coalition government should be formed.

Wild dreams, but I’m tired of people using the job of MP or Minister primarily for their own ends
Nobody makes people become an MP. They should be paid properly for the responsibility they hold and sorry Starmer and co, they should not be allowed to serve if they have second jobs. Either focus on representing the people or stick with your other job.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2022 8:15]
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 09:32 - Apr 13 with 1734 viewsmutters

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 00:13 - Apr 13 by You_Bloo_Right

BCWYWF?

Now?

On this issue?

I mean I take your point but really?

Yep, they (well the PM) could have gone for a number of reasons already but having slept on it I am more inclined to now believe that they won't ride out this storm and this is finally the straw that'll break the proverbial camel's back.

Scares the bejesus out of me who is next though.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 09:36 - Apr 13 with 1720 viewsmylittletown

Comes to something when Jeremy rhyming slang is probably the best realistic option
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 09:48 - Apr 13 with 1699 viewstextbackup

on a daily basis it sounds as though most of this board could do a better job, so give it to one of them until the end of the season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 10:27 - Apr 13 with 1611 viewsParsley

Well the big name appointment has failed spectacularly so presumably they will be looking for a safe pair of hands to steer them to the next general election. Most likely candidates are Mick McCarthy or Neil Warnock. At that point they'll likely look for the elusive young up and coming prospect to take over.
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 10:31 - Apr 13 with 1596 viewsmylittletown

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 10:27 - Apr 13 by Parsley

Well the big name appointment has failed spectacularly so presumably they will be looking for a safe pair of hands to steer them to the next general election. Most likely candidates are Mick McCarthy or Neil Warnock. At that point they'll likely look for the elusive young up and coming prospect to take over.

The scary thing is that Mick McCarthy, and especially Colin, would almost certainly do a better job than Johnson.
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:13 - Apr 13 with 1534 viewsjaykay

guess who is keeping his head down.
a certain mr gove

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 1495 viewsSwansea_Blue

Doesn’t matter who’s next in terms of preserving our integrity. If you’ve a democracy underpinned by unwritten rules and convention, if you don’t follow those rules your democracy falls apart. That’s where we’re at.

But yes, of course the party is now stuffed full of self serving, intellectual pygmies who’ll continue to shaft the people and the UK. But they can be voted out at the next election (if enough people are prepared to pull their heads out of their arses and see the damage being done).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:31 - Apr 13 with 1486 viewsBlueBadger

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:13 - Apr 13 by jaykay

a certain mr gove

Presumably over a nice fat line...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:39 - Apr 13 with 1451 viewsElderGrizzly

Truss is favourite with Tugendhat 2nd favourite
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:40 - Apr 13 with 1438 viewsKieran_Knows

A chimpanzee.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:42 - Apr 13 with 1431 viewsmylittletown

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:39 - Apr 13 by ElderGrizzly

Truss is favourite with Tugendhat 2nd favourite

Tugendhat has got absolutely no chance.

First he appears to be pretty much honest.

Second he is married to a French woman, and has dual UK and French citizenship, so he is practically a traitor.
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 11:44 - Apr 13 with 1430 viewsronnyd

a certain mr gove

He's another slimy little toad. Apologies to any toads who happen to read this.
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 12:08 - Apr 13 with 1358 viewsElephantintheRoom

Matt Hancock and Chris Grayling are both available

I suspect a new broom is needed in the Stables of No 10. Step forward…… Jeremy Hunt

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 12:10 - Apr 13 with 1359 viewschicoazul

a certain mr gove

Yep.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 12:58 - Apr 13 with 1291 viewsDarth_Koont

If it wasn’t for the fact that letting public standards slide has gotten us into the current mess with BoJo et al, I’d be tempted to say better the devil you know. The other likely replacements amazingly feel as bad if not worse in many respects.

But there needs to be a line drawn. What would be good would to use that as an opportunity to actually raise the bar and establish a new standard for those looking to move into the gap. Whatever the Conservative Party decide internally, the public should be willing and able to reject and protest against the candidates by any legal means possible. And send a clear message that this isn’t the usual bait and switch and we suddenly pretend everything is different.

Because it isn’t. Not only do we have far too many opportunist, dishonest, lying chancers in public life but these are the very people who play the system to become the de facto leaders. And yes, I absolutely 100% include Starmer and the Labour Right cabal in that.

At present, we are getting the worsening political debates and valueless, self-interested politicians we deserve. Time to step up and demand much, much better.

Pronouns: He/Him

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:10 - Apr 13 with 1175 viewsreusersfreekicks

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 12:58 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

If it wasn’t for the fact that letting public standards slide has gotten us into the current mess with BoJo et al, I’d be tempted to say better the devil you know. The other likely replacements amazingly feel as bad if not worse in many respects.

But there needs to be a line drawn. What would be good would to use that as an opportunity to actually raise the bar and establish a new standard for those looking to move into the gap. Whatever the Conservative Party decide internally, the public should be willing and able to reject and protest against the candidates by any legal means possible. And send a clear message that this isn’t the usual bait and switch and we suddenly pretend everything is different.

Because it isn’t. Not only do we have far too many opportunist, dishonest, lying chancers in public life but these are the very people who play the system to become the de facto leaders. And yes, I absolutely 100% include Starmer and the Labour Right cabal in that.

At present, we are getting the worsening political debates and valueless, self-interested politicians we deserve. Time to step up and demand much, much better.

Phew was a bit worried you wouldn't include a snipe at Starmer in a thread about the Tory leader/PM but you came through at the end
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:15 - Apr 13 with 1148 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The devil's not a bad shout to be fair. Probably kinder to the disabled and poor.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:20 - Apr 13 with 1135 viewswkj

I'll have a go.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:30 - Apr 13 with 1115 viewsBeckets

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:10 - Apr 13 by reusersfreekicks

Phew was a bit worried you wouldn't include a snipe at Starmer in a thread about the Tory leader/PM but you came through at the end

No sign of neo-liberalism though. I think that’s saved up for GB - talking of which we haven’t heard his take on the latest Partygate developments.
The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:43 - Apr 13 with 1088 viewsChurchman

The thing is if Boris and Rishi do resign... on 14:20 - Apr 13 by wkj

I'll have a go.

You like dunking biscuits, so you’re on the banned list. No wild lockdown parties at No 10 for you!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024