Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peace out Lee O’Neill 16:21 - Apr 13 with 1750 viewschicoazul

If you think about the vast staff we have now remember that he was doing *all* those jobs on his own. He worked hard for us while under the restrictions of an absentee landlord during the worst period in the history of the club. Good luck to him.
Let’s hope Bryan isn’t about to follow.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 16:47 - Apr 13 with 1630 viewsLeoMuff

He was like our very own comical Ali for the latter ME era.

All the best Lee

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1584 viewsIllinoisblue

How does our academy compare to similar sized clubs? I know there are many variables at play (category level, finances, catchment area, club politics, etc) but in recent years Forest and Norwich seem to have done a much better job of producing youths either play regularly or are sold for big money.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 17:07 - Apr 13 with 1569 viewsVeggie

I hear he’s off to Colchester
Peace out Lee O’Neill on 05:37 - Apr 14 with 1297 viewsshamboy

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 17:07 - Apr 13 by Veggie

I hear he’s off to Colchester

Nearer the mark than you realise :)
He will be working for Thrive Tribe, the same organisation as the former Colchester Media Manager.
I though he did quite well in an impossible job at PR.
Peace out Lee O’Neill on 05:58 - Apr 14 with 1272 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m surprised they didn’t find a role for him in the academy as that’s where his best work was.

All the best to him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 08:57 - Apr 14 with 1173 viewsSamWhiteUK

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 05:58 - Apr 14 by Kieran_Knows

I’m surprised they didn’t find a role for him in the academy as that’s where his best work was.

All the best to him.

He was academy director
Peace out Lee O’Neill on 10:24 - Apr 14 with 1106 viewsElephantintheRoom

Short memory. Most would think piloting the club onto the rocks whilst shamelessly using the club to further his career at the FA at the expense of said clubs future and reputation and local businesses was a slightly lower ebb than spiralling downwards at the whim of an offshore spiv recommended by said dodgy pilot after his attempt to sell the club to a fraudster fell apart.

Not that being a franchise at the beck and call of Mr Schwarz is much better. I quite admire O’Neil for being thick skinned enough to sit out and await his pay-off. Almost certainly delayed because the employment costs this season have been, ahem, ahead of budget.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 11:47 - Apr 14 with 1030 viewsDyland

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 10:24 - Apr 14 by ElephantintheRoom

Short memory. Most would think piloting the club onto the rocks whilst shamelessly using the club to further his career at the FA at the expense of said clubs future and reputation and local businesses was a slightly lower ebb than spiralling downwards at the whim of an offshore spiv recommended by said dodgy pilot after his attempt to sell the club to a fraudster fell apart.

Not that being a franchise at the beck and call of Mr Schwarz is much better. I quite admire O’Neil for being thick skinned enough to sit out and await his pay-off. Almost certainly delayed because the employment costs this season have been, ahem, ahead of budget.

All part of the same trajectory and era in reality old bean. I don't disagree with the underlying point though.

Of course it's much better now... potentially I mean.

Chin up.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 13:37 - Apr 14 with 907 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Peace out Lee O’Neill on 05:58 - Apr 14 by Kieran_Knows

All the best to him.

Ultimately he's on decent money and they'll want to go in their own direction.

There's a definite lesson here though - he was never ready nor qualified to do half the jobs he was doing under ME and long-term I'm not sure how well that will do him. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 13:38]
Peace out Lee O’Neill on 17:25 - Apr 14 with 798 viewsBonneNIL

I would have a lot more respect for him had he not trotted out the nonsense he did in 2019-20 about how humans were not designed to play football, which is why we had so many injuries, and it wasn't the fact our facilities under Evans were cack or the fact Evans's budget only ever allowed for us to recruit broken down, bargain-bin players like Judge rather than pay for healthier ones.

Anyone who can say that nonsense with a straight face deserves the chop for me. Their whole operation was about stringing fans along to buy ST's and then cutting as many corners as possible to avoid adequately funding the club and save money.

Good riddance to that whole rotten, near club killing, administration.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024