Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really good to see.Walton’s optimism for next season 07:13 - Apr 14 with 500 viewsVic

But it will not be a walk in the park. We’ve been on the best form for years and have made no inroads into the top 6. There are 9 other teams that have done as well or better than us for the last few months so it’s not just the first few games that have undone us is it.

We will need to improve further if we really are to be in the top two and with those other teams who have been as consistent or better than us all looking to do the same it’s going to be a proper battle. I think KM and his team have a crucial, crucial summer ahead and I’m looking forward to seeing which forwards they bring into the club - because that’s surely where we need to improve most.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Really good to see.Walton’s optimism for next season on 07:23 - Apr 14 with 458 viewsSitfcB

We were so far behind that our good form hasn’t made a difference, over the last 20 games we’re 5th - it’s definitely because of the start we had that we are where we are.

We’ve been unlucky that when we have been winning everyone else has continued to win.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Really good to see.Walton’s optimism for next season on 07:34 - Apr 14 with 441 viewsGuthrum

I agree with your main point. In order to guarantee top spot, we need to be cutting out at least one loss and converting three or more of those draws into wins, even from the record we've had under McKenna so far. What's been achieved is really more play-off standard. I fully expect next season's League One to be just as unbalanced in terms of strong and weak teams.

However, it is also true that it was the early and mid season which cost us. We were so far behind that, despite maintaining a hot run for several months, were unable to catch up even with the teams which were somewhat faltering among the top six (Sunderland, Wycombe, now Rotherham). Let alone those keeping up the pace in a season with uniquely high rates of points gathering at the upper end.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024