Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheeky mention of transfer records 14:56 - Apr 14 with 4787 viewsabracaDOBRA_

being broken on Blue Monday Pod
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:04 - Apr 14 with 3356 viewsKieran_Knows

Ruddy hell buh.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:05 - Apr 14 with 3347 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:04 - Apr 14 by Kieran_Knows

Ruddy hell buh.

Not sure if it was meant for ITFC record or League 1 record. But if it's breaking our record then it will defo beat league 1's as ours is about 5 mil?
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:14 - Apr 14 with 3294 viewsBseaBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:05 - Apr 14 by abracaDOBRA_

Not sure if it was meant for ITFC record or League 1 record. But if it's breaking our record then it will defo beat league 1's as ours is about 5 mil?

I think the League one record is Will Grigg for about 3 million isnt it? Even beating that would be seriously impressive!
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:18 - Apr 14 with 3257 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:14 - Apr 14 by BseaBlue

I think the League one record is Will Grigg for about 3 million isnt it? Even beating that would be seriously impressive!

Would have to be a big striker if true...
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:20 - Apr 14 with 3246 viewsBseaBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:18 - Apr 14 by abracaDOBRA_

Would have to be a big striker if true...

Yeah, thats the only way I could see us spending that sort of wedge. Would surely have to be a championship level player for that though?
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:22 - Apr 14 with 3233 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:20 - Apr 14 by BseaBlue

Yeah, thats the only way I could see us spending that sort of wedge. Would surely have to be a championship level player for that though?

A relatively young one at that.. cant see a billy sharpe type going for that much
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:29 - Apr 14 with 3208 viewsBent_double

Am I odd for thinking that I hope we don't?

We're already seen as one of the arrogant big sides in this division, which somehow seems to give the smaller teams an added edge to their game when they play us (see Cambridge at home).

I would rather 2 or 3 smaller signings, similar to what Cook did last summer - spreads the risk too - knowing our luck we'd spend £5m on a striker who'd get injured in the first few games and be out for the season.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:31 - Apr 14 with 3154 viewsHarryB

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:05 - Apr 14 by abracaDOBRA_

pretty sure they meant it as for ipswich. if it does happen surely it has to be a young promising striker.
Login to get fewer ads

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:34 - Apr 14 with 3108 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:31 - Apr 14 by HarryB

pretty sure they meant it as for ipswich. if it does happen surely it has to be a young promising striker.

Fernandes... for the lwb position?

Or.....parrot for striker position

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 3114 viewsHarryB

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:34 - Apr 14 by FrimleyBlue

Fernandes... for the lwb position?

Or.....parrot for striker position

parrot is a funny one. when he was here i did not rate him at all tbh. but with proper coaching he is clearly a decent player
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 3109 viewsitfcsuth

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:29 - Apr 14 by Bent_double

We're already seen as one of the arrogant big sides in this division, which somehow seems to give the smaller teams an added edge to their game when they play us (see Cambridge at home).

I would rather 2 or 3 smaller signings, similar to what Cook did last summer - spreads the risk too - knowing our luck we'd spend £5m on a striker who'd get injured in the first few games and be out for the season.

I agree. I would hate the thought of us spending that sort of figure at this level.

Let's do shrewd business, instead of silly season spending.

I have to be honest, I haven't listened to the podcast or discrediting their knowledge, but I can't imagine Ashton/GC20 spending that sort of figure.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:36 - Apr 14 with 3095 viewsFrimleyBlue

We could go into next season with the same squad and teams would still play us like a cup final.

We need to get out of this league and if we are going to have teams sit and play for draws... we need another level of quality to break them down.. that won't be cheap.

Waka waka eh eh

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:40 - Apr 14 with 3070 viewstractorboy1978

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:36 - Apr 14 by HarryB

parrot is a funny one. when he was here i did not rate him at all tbh. but with proper coaching he is clearly a decent player

Parrott had only just turned 19 when he was here.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:48 - Apr 14 with 3002 viewsGarv

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:36 - Apr 14 by itfcsuth

I agree. I would hate the thought of us spending that sort of figure at this level.

Let's do shrewd business, instead of silly season spending.

I have to be honest, I haven't listened to the podcast or discrediting their knowledge, but I can't imagine Ashton/GC20 spending that sort of figure.

Can you be shrewd and still spend lots of money?

I like to think so. With the ambition of GC20 and Ashton, and the measured personality and hopefully eye for a player of McKenna, we could have a good mix.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:51 - Apr 14 with 2969 viewsBseaBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:48 - Apr 14 by Garv

I like to think so. With the ambition of GC20 and Ashton, and the measured personality and hopefully eye for a player of McKenna, we could have a good mix.

Yes, good point. Could have an Ashton special lined up for someone that gets sold a couple of years down the line for big money.

I see the argument for being anti-'buying the league' but at this point we need to get out of league one by any means possible.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:55 - Apr 14 with 2907 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:51 - Apr 14 by BseaBlue

Yes, good point. Could have an Ashton special lined up for someone that gets sold a couple of years down the line for big money.

I see the argument for being anti-'buying the league' but at this point we need to get out of league one by any means possible.

Thinking about it, could it be Celina?
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:58 - Apr 14 with 2878 viewsMattinLondon

Who actually cares what other club fans think? I’m all for splashing the cash as I think we finally have a manager and staff who won’t waste it.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:12 - Apr 14 with 2799 viewsBseaBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:55 - Apr 14 by abracaDOBRA_

hadn't thought of that. I presumed he would be available at a reduced fee due to his club needing to shift his wages.

I'm of the opinion that Celina will be the signing of the summer regardless of who we bring in if we can make it happen.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:14 - Apr 14 with 2776 viewsFrimleyBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:55 - Apr 14 by abracaDOBRA_

Over 3 Mill for 7 goals? Hope not

If we are spending big it's got to be a young un or as the other poster said a striker.

I do wonder tho if it could also be thompson... not that long ago he was motm against man city.

Waka waka eh eh

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:18 - Apr 14 with 2773 viewsitfcsuth

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 15:48 - Apr 14 by Garv

When you are talking about £5M, which is the figure I think we are talking about, that is absolutely absurd money at this level and borderline reckless.

Nothing shrewd or smart about spending £5M on a player at League 1 level.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:20 - Apr 14 with 2756 viewsSheffordBlue

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:14 - Apr 14 by FrimleyBlue

Over 3 Mill for 7 goals? Hope not

If we are spending big it's got to be a young un or as the other poster said a striker.

I do wonder tho if it could also be thompson... not that long ago he was motm against man city.

Really can't see us spending £4-5m on a defender when our problems are at the other end of the pitch. Also don't think Celina is valued at anything like that.

Someone upfront I reckon - with potential to play at a Prem level in a few years time (either with us or elsewhere)

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:28 - Apr 14 with 2694 viewstractorboy1978

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:18 - Apr 14 by itfcsuth

When you are talking about £5M, which is the figure I think we are talking about, that is absolutely absurd money at this level and borderline reckless.

Nothing shrewd or smart about spending £5M on a player at League 1 level.

I'm sure they'd consider it pretty shrewd if they signed a player that bagged 25 goals, got us promoted and then ended up going somewhere like Brentford in a couple of years for £25m.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:29 - Apr 14 with 2695 viewsvilanovablue

I'm more confident now than I have been ages we might actually have a transfer strategy. McKenna knows what he wants and he actually have an infrastructure to support him. I'm not averse to spending cash if it's not scattergun as it was last summer. We'll see.
Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:34 - Apr 14 with 2669 viewshype313

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:20 - Apr 14 by SheffordBlue

Really can't see us spending £4-5m on a defender when our problems are at the other end of the pitch. Also don't think Celina is valued at anything like that.

Someone upfront I reckon - with potential to play at a Prem level in a few years time (either with us or elsewhere)

Jonson Clarke Harris

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:56 - Apr 14 with 2589 viewsMattinLondon

Cheeky mention of transfer records on 16:34 - Apr 14 by hype313

Jonson Clarke Harris

Too old at 27?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024