Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The reality of moving to the EU for work post-Brexit 19:10 - Apr 14 with 716 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Aware me please. If one were to randomly travel around Europe for 90 days (more specifically, France), making contacts, seeking out English-speaking firms etc, what are the chances of being able to find long-term employment which would qualify for a work/permanent/whatever visa?

As far as I'm aware a company would have to justify paying for your visa; what if you were willing to pay yourself?

I'm reasonably well-educated (degree in Physiotherapy), and I also still might take a TEFL course.

I'm frankly tired and embarrassed now of living on this small little island and would like to roll the dice before I'm too old.

I could use my qualification and work experience eventually to look at places like Canada/NZ, if I stick it out for longer.

But does anyone know what's up re Europe?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

The reality of moving to the EU for work post-Brexit on 19:23 - Apr 14 with 675 viewsjeera

I'm not in a position to advise but would like to offer an opinion anyway.

With well-meaning intentions and all that.

With a degree in anything, I'm fairly sure you can take a month-long TEFL course and go to the Far East and put it to good use. I know people who have done that in Japan for example and loved every moment whilst making some money along the way.

The reason I say that is that if you have aspirations to travel, I would go for the furthest afield you may fancy first, whilst still young.

Although you may well still be up for further challenges along the way throughout life you'll also feel more confident working your way back towards home as you go!

Take the riskier options now and enjoy what you can of the world in the best way you can.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The reality of moving to the EU for work post-Brexit on 19:32 - Apr 14 with 631 viewsThisIsMyUsername

The reality of moving to the EU for work post-Brexit on 19:23 - Apr 14 by jeera

I'm not in a position to advise but would like to offer an opinion anyway.

With well-meaning intentions and all that.

With a degree in anything, I'm fairly sure you can take a month-long TEFL course and go to the Far East and put it to good use. I know people who have done that in Japan for example and loved every moment whilst making some money along the way.

The reason I say that is that if you have aspirations to travel, I would go for the furthest afield you may fancy first, whilst still young.

Although you may well still be up for further challenges along the way throughout life you'll also feel more confident working your way back towards home as you go!

Take the riskier options now and enjoy what you can of the world in the best way you can.

Thanks for the reply :) Hope things are going OK with yourself.

I've also been considering exactly what you said (I was having a look at Japan just yesterday).

I've been posting about this type of thing on here for about the last 2 years. I should probably put my money where my mouth is at some point!

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024