Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. 07:49 - Apr 16 with 8278 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Surely Leon Best makes the top 3? And if there’s been a more ironically named Town player I don’t remember them!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcZvfXJo48A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:06 - Apr 16 with 3661 viewsArnieM

Graham Harbey…. Absolute donkey

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:11 - Apr 16 with 3645 viewsITFC_Forever

Adam Proudlock.
Nigel Reo Coker.
Chris Wood.
Lewis Price.
Aaron Lee-Barrett

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:15 - Apr 16 with 3635 viewsMattinLondon

Adam Proudlock. Dreadful player and there was nothing proud about that waster.
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:16 - Apr 16 with 3630 viewsVeggie

I think we need to look more recently for the real culprits.
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:17 - Apr 16 with 3623 viewsMattinLondon

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:11 - Apr 16 by ITFC_Forever

Adam Proudlock.
Nigel Reo Coker.
Chris Wood.
Lewis Price.
Aaron Lee-Barrett

Bit harsh on Chris Wood as he wasn’t fit when he was here. Also both Lewis Price and
Aaron Lee-Barrett weren’t that bad.
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:26 - Apr 16 with 3587 viewsITFC_nostalgia

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:16 - Apr 16 by Veggie

I think we need to look more recently for the real culprits.

Problem is they don’t stand out as we’ve been generally poor.
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 3553 viewsElephantintheRoom

Depends how you define ‘worst’ - and whether hiring demoralised mercenaries (loans) for a few months counts as Ipswich players.

Anyone who saw Marco Holster’s debut at Blundell Park would probably get the vote. And signing Gary Croft who had to play with a tag because of serial offences as a bizarre replacement for the highly reliable Jamie Clapham was also bizarre. Lee Bowyer and the unreconstructed thug Thatcher were ‘bad’ in a different way as the club lost all touch with its identity and spiralled downhill on and off the pitch

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:38 - Apr 16 with 3537 viewsChurchman

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:06 - Apr 16 by ArnieM

I have to say Harbey was outstandingly bad. I’d get that pit of the stomach sinking feeling of despair matched only when one approached the festering sh£thouse behind Churchmans, when his name was announced. He never disappointed. He always had a terrible game, because it was the only game he had.

But my vote goes to Jonathan Douglas. Achingly awful at every aspect of the game. Heading, running, shooting, tackling, passing. I was amazed he bothered to get changed for the game. A shirt over the day clothes would have been just fine.

I would have named Eubanks-Blake or Ellington, but at least they kept KFC and Greggs in business. Or Giles Coke come to that - a pub goer that won a ticket to play for the club if ever there was one, but none of these tootled on for too many games - or waddled on in the case of EB and ‘the duke’.
Login to get fewer ads

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:42 - Apr 16 with 3519 viewsITFC_Forever

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:17 - Apr 16 by MattinLondon

Bit harsh on Chris Wood as he wasn’t fit when he was here. Also both Lewis Price and
Aaron Lee-Barrett weren’t that bad.

Can only judge them on their performances for us, and Wood was awful.

As was Price and ALB.

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 09:06 - Apr 16 with 3447 viewsFunge

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:11 - Apr 16 by ITFC_Forever

Adam Proudlock.
Nigel Reo Coker.
Chris Wood.
Lewis Price.
Aaron Lee-Barrett

Always enjoy your dislike of Price - personally, he was fine, way better than ALB.

My top five:-

- Nsiala - the worst defender, in perhaps the worst Ipswich team, ever. Very little positional sense, atrocious decision maker, headed the ball with Toblerone sellotaped to his head. Somehow survived Cook's demolition rampage. Rubbish football player. (Very nice bloke though)

- Will Norris. Made Holy look alright. Rinsed by the Beast away at Wycombe. Now at Burnley. Nice one Lambert!

- Douglas. Clearly well past his best when he came here, but that clip of him at Newcastle that went semi-viral summed him up. Couldn't run, pass or, indeed, have any palpable influence on the game at all, it seems. The perfect Marcus Evans midfielder.

- Sears. Bit unfair, maybe, as he was ace for that first half-season, and that Villa goal was berserk - but seemed to put on a pound, every time he put the shirt on. Here for at least 4 seasons too long. Fat little East End shed on legs. (to be fair to him, I could've easily put Huws or Judge in his place instead).

- Andy Marshall. Budgie ars3hole. We almost got Mart Poom; imagine. We'd be European champions, twice, by now. Sheepshanks would be heading up UEFA, BamBam Naylor would be managing England, and oral ingestion of TCP would've stopped COVID. Fck off, Marshall!
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 09:11 - Apr 16 with 3432 viewstextbackup

chambers

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 09:12 - Apr 16 with 3425 viewssolemio

This sort of thread always produces morons who say how dreadful Harbey was. Some of the people who say this aren't even old enough to have seen him play!

He and David Lowe combined well going forwards - Lowe rated Harbey - and he really wasn't that bad defensively.

Many many players worse than him.
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 09:21 - Apr 16 with 3388 viewsurbanblue

Rory Fallon. Every team he played for used to get relegated. When Keane signed him we hit a new low.
[Redacted] on 09:57 - Apr 16 with 3274 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:00 - Apr 16 with 3264 viewsmutters

It's a bit of a long-running joke between me and an old schoolmate. I always say Graham Harbey he always says Glenn Pennyfather.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:03 - Apr 16 with 3255 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mark fish.
Diallo
Santos
Thetis
Moore. ( let's be honest, whilst here he was rubbish)
Hladky
Douglas
Lee Martin
Priskin

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:13 - Apr 16 with 3200 viewsmutters

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 09:12 - Apr 16 by solemio

This sort of thread always produces morons who say how dreadful Harbey was. Some of the people who say this aren't even old enough to have seen him play!

He and David Lowe combined well going forwards - Lowe rated Harbey - and he really wasn't that bad defensively.

Many many players worse than him.

Morons? Just because people have a different opinion from you? You seem lovely.

For the record, I watched him play throughout his time here. His first season was poor, he had the odd moment but he was simply dreadful going forward. It got worse from then on. His second season always filled me full of dread as he was a disaster waiting to happen. Luckily he didn't play much and was soon gone.

I remember that period well and to give him any credit for his interaction with David Lowe is down to Lowe more than Harbey. Also, he was LB and Mr Lowe more often than not frequented the RW; so maybe there was one occasion that sticks in your mind?

Nothing personal against the chap, he was just truly terrible in a Town shirt.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:20 - Apr 16 with 3167 viewsChurchman

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:33 - Apr 16 by ElephantintheRoom

Depends how you define ‘worst’ - and whether hiring demoralised mercenaries (loans) for a few months counts as Ipswich players.

Anyone who saw Marco Holster’s debut at Blundell Park would probably get the vote. And signing Gary Croft who had to play with a tag because of serial offences as a bizarre replacement for the highly reliable Jamie Clapham was also bizarre. Lee Bowyer and the unreconstructed thug Thatcher were ‘bad’ in a different way as the club lost all touch with its identity and spiralled downhill on and off the pitch

I don’t suppose you saw Croft play, following who you do, but he was actually a decent full back. Injury kind of did for him here.

You are naming Bowyer and Thatcher for their personal traits as an example of the club’s decline. I would prefer them not to have darkened the club’s rotting doors but this thread is about the worst players to play for the club. There’s plenty named already worse than them and I suspect there’s a good few rubbish players that have turned out for Norwich too.
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:22 - Apr 16 with 3164 viewsITFC_Forever

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 09:06 - Apr 16 by Funge

Always enjoy your dislike of Price - personally, he was fine, way better than ALB.

My top five:-

- Nsiala - the worst defender, in perhaps the worst Ipswich team, ever. Very little positional sense, atrocious decision maker, headed the ball with Toblerone sellotaped to his head. Somehow survived Cook's demolition rampage. Rubbish football player. (Very nice bloke though)

- Will Norris. Made Holy look alright. Rinsed by the Beast away at Wycombe. Now at Burnley. Nice one Lambert!

- Douglas. Clearly well past his best when he came here, but that clip of him at Newcastle that went semi-viral summed him up. Couldn't run, pass or, indeed, have any palpable influence on the game at all, it seems. The perfect Marcus Evans midfielder.

- Sears. Bit unfair, maybe, as he was ace for that first half-season, and that Villa goal was berserk - but seemed to put on a pound, every time he put the shirt on. Here for at least 4 seasons too long. Fat little East End shed on legs. (to be fair to him, I could've easily put Huws or Judge in his place instead).

- Andy Marshall. Budgie ars3hole. We almost got Mart Poom; imagine. We'd be European champions, twice, by now. Sheepshanks would be heading up UEFA, BamBam Naylor would be managing England, and oral ingestion of TCP would've stopped COVID. Fck off, Marshall!

Andy Marshall is another good call.

I liked Sears, scored regularly when he was played in his proper position, but was usually shunted out to the left to accommodate others.

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:43 - Apr 16 with 3097 viewsfabian_illness

Zeki Fryers
Balint Bajner
Pete the Pole
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:50 - Apr 16 with 3077 viewsNottsTractor

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 08:06 - Apr 16 by ArnieM

As soon as I saw the title of the thread I shouted Graham Harbey. I am haunted by hours in Churchman's with my head in my hands. I'm sure he was a lovely chap, but oh my word, he wasn't great at football was he?

Still he got to play professional football, and for town so fair play
Skuglas-Hyam (n/t) on 10:54 - Apr 16 with 3063 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:59 - Apr 16 with 3042 viewstrncbluearmy

Skard
marshall
Bajner
Harbey
Nsiala

There are plenty if others unfortunately
The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 11:04 - Apr 16 with 3024 viewsParisBlue

Vermund Breke-Skard is the correct answer.

Michael Clegg was shocking as a loanee.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 11:15 - Apr 16 with 2987 viewsChurchman

The worst Ipswich players of all time…. on 10:13 - Apr 16 by mutters

Morons? Just because people have a different opinion from you? You seem lovely.

For the record, I watched him play throughout his time here. His first season was poor, he had the odd moment but he was simply dreadful going forward. It got worse from then on. His second season always filled me full of dread as he was a disaster waiting to happen. Luckily he didn't play much and was soon gone.

I remember that period well and to give him any credit for his interaction with David Lowe is down to Lowe more than Harbey. Also, he was LB and Mr Lowe more often than not frequented the RW; so maybe there was one occasion that sticks in your mind?

Nothing personal against the chap, he was just truly terrible in a Town shirt.

I too saw most of Harbey’s home games and a few away ones. Your assessment is how I remember him. He was dreadful.

I try to forget Pennyfather. Nothing quite like having a player with one leg shorter than the other. I remember him as pretty useless, but not the worst to wander (limp) onto the field.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 11:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024