Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) 12:42 - Apr 16 with 2189 viewstextbackup

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:43 - Apr 16 with 1816 viewspointofblue

Who do we replace him with?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 16 with 1790 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:43 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Someone who never misses a single chance they have. Clearly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:47 - Apr 16 with 1766 viewsfooters

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:43 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

A striker that doesn't need a dozen chances to convert a single goal?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:47 - Apr 16 with 1758 viewsGarv

Rightly so

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:48 - Apr 16 with 1750 viewspointofblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:47 - Apr 16 by footers

Sorry, I meant today, not next season!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 1728 viewsfooters

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:48 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Sorry, I meant today, not next season!

Ah, gotcha!

Not quite up to speed today...

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:49 - Apr 16 with 1726 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:47 - Apr 16 by footers

That really isn't true of Norwood, though, is it?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:51 - Apr 16 with 1710 viewsfooters

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:49 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

That really isn't true of Norwood, though, is it?

I'm exagerating a little, sure, but I still think we can do much, much better. But my thoughts on him are well documented!

Login to get fewer ads

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:51 - Apr 16 with 1689 viewsFrimleyBlue

Celinas not had a good start but there's still time

Norwood on the other hand. Why is he marking Smith.. that's a goal waiting to happen. Called it before the corner was taken and almost came true.

Games there for either side Baggott looks OK. Outmuscled for headers quite easily tho.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:53 - Apr 16 with 1673 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:51 - Apr 16 by footers

I'm exagerating a little, sure, but I still think we can do much, much better. But my thoughts on him are well documented!

I am sure we can both do better and do worse.

Norwood is perfectly adequate at this level. However, we do need better than adequate.

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:03 - Apr 16 with 1571 viewstextbackup

not my job to sign players.

but to say hes worth another contract is idiotic

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:05 - Apr 16 with 1556 viewstextbackup

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 12:47 - Apr 16 by Garv

Rightly so

dont you fancy going up?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 16 with 1540 viewsSE1blue

I remember the days where you’d be worried if Naylor or Scowcroft had to replace one of the regular front two…they would finish top scorers in this league and were so much better than what we have right now.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:08 - Apr 16 with 1500 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 16 by SE1blue

I remember the days where you’d be worried if Naylor or Scowcroft had to replace one of the regular front two…they would finish top scorers in this league and were so much better than what we have right now.

You are correct. We do no longer have two good Premier League strikers with decent ones like those two as back ups. Yes, a decent Premier League striker like one of those two would finish as top scorer in this league. Which decent Premier League strikers should we sign?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:12 - Apr 16 with 1461 viewstextbackup

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:08 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are correct. We do no longer have two good Premier League strikers with decent ones like those two as back ups. Yes, a decent Premier League striker like one of those two would finish as top scorer in this league. Which decent Premier League strikers should we sign?

to confirm, you think norwood is anywhere near good enough for a promotion challenge?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:13 - Apr 16 with 1441 viewsSE1blue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:08 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

They were championship players when we got them, which is what these guys we currently have are aspiring to be.

Not sure where I mentioned premier league but it clearly needs to fit your agenda here.

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:14 - Apr 16 with 1425 viewsnoggin

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:12 - Apr 16 by textbackup

to confirm, you think norwood is anywhere near good enough for a promotion challenge?

No he isn't.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 1408 viewsfooters

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 16 by SE1blue

Is it weird to have a man crush on Bam Bam?

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 1399 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:12 - Apr 16 by textbackup

Yes, he is but we could do with better and should be able to do better.

Norwood paired with Jackson was good enough for the promotion challenge for considerable time. It is all about partnerships and fitting the system. Wherever he plays next season he will do well. I would have no issue with Norwood as second or third choice for us next season.

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 1363 viewstextbackup

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:15 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, he is but we could do with better and should be able to do better.

Norwood paired with Jackson was good enough for the promotion challenge for considerable time. It is all about partnerships and fitting the system. Wherever he plays next season he will do well. I would have no issue with Norwood as second or third choice for us next season.

wow

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:23 - Apr 16 with 1327 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:13 - Apr 16 by SE1blue

They were championship players when we got them, which is what these guys we currently have are aspiring to be.

Not sure where I mentioned premier league but it clearly needs to fit your agenda here.

You were talking about Naylor and Scowcroft replacing the strikers playing ahead of them.

Perhaps you think that was in League 1 but it wasn't.

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:26 - Apr 16 with 1277 viewsNthsuffolkblue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:20 - Apr 16 by textbackup

wow

Which bit am I wrong on? Where were we when Jackson and Norwood were playing together under Lambert for half a season? I suspect Jackson will stay and Norwood won't but we can certainly do worse than having either or both of them as a back-up plan. I would hope to have a better first option, though.

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:26 - Apr 16 with 1277 viewsITFC_Forever

Are you talking about Norwood or Celina?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:29 - Apr 16 with 1247 viewsSE1blue

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:23 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

You were talking about Naylor and Scowcroft replacing the strikers playing ahead of them.

Perhaps you think that was in League 1 but it wasn't.

I think you’re overthinking things, I was simply referring to the fact that naylor and scowcroft were seen as inferior players but are significantly better than what we have now. That’s all.

It’s not that deep.

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:39 - Apr 16 with 1179 viewsSimonds92

lol - and some will bang the drum to keep him (n/t) on 13:26 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Which bit am I wrong on? Where were we when Jackson and Norwood were playing together under Lambert for half a season? I suspect Jackson will stay and Norwood won't but we can certainly do worse than having either or both of them as a back-up plan. I would hope to have a better first option, though.

Id say your spot on. Norwood is still the best striker at the club currently, Bonne and Piggot would not have been in that position to miss the chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024