Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgraceful half 14:13 - Apr 16 with 916 viewspointofblue

If this a test of how far we’ve come the answer is we haven’t come anywhere near far enough. What happened from the first half to the second? We’ve basically, to a man, disappeared.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Disgraceful half on 14:15 - Apr 16 with 881 viewsFrimleyBlue

We just aren't smart enough

Games in their hands. All over us. We just kept going and losing the ball. Didn't slow it down. Didn't change what we were doing just tried same thing all half.

We needed to disrupt their tempo. Also doesn't help that every player today seems to think turning into a player is the best way to progress

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Disgraceful half on 14:16 - Apr 16 with 848 viewspointofblue

Disgraceful half on 14:15 - Apr 16 by FrimleyBlue

We just aren't smart enough

Games in their hands. All over us. We just kept going and losing the ball. Didn't slow it down. Didn't change what we were doing just tried same thing all half.

We needed to disrupt their tempo. Also doesn't help that every player today seems to think turning into a player is the best way to progress

And that comes from the bench. Why haven’t we changed our style of play? Lunacy is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Disgraceful half on 14:17 - Apr 16 with 820 viewsSimonds92

Genuinely no idea where the optimism for next season comes from. We went through a decent spell against very poor opposition but we've looked exactly what we are against the better teams, a mid table league 1 side. We literally have no goal threat.
Disgraceful half on 14:18 - Apr 16 with 789 viewsFrimleyBlue

Disgraceful half on 14:16 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

And that comes from the bench. Why haven’t we changed our style of play? Lunacy is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

I said about brining bonne on. But why take norwood off

Keep two uptop and go 4 4 2. Change what they have to think about if they lose the ball.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Disgraceful half on 14:18 - Apr 16 with 766 viewspointofblue

Disgraceful half on 14:17 - Apr 16 by Simonds92

Genuinely no idea where the optimism for next season comes from. We went through a decent spell against very poor opposition but we've looked exactly what we are against the better teams, a mid table league 1 side. We literally have no goal threat.

My concern is I haven’t seen McKenna change the direction of a game to date when we’ve started to struggle.

Disgraceful half on 14:19 - Apr 16 with 754 viewsJDB23

Disgraceful half on 14:17 - Apr 16 by Simonds92

We’ve definitely improved under McKenna but some people absolutely lost their heads at a little run of 2ppg form. It’s was pretty obvious we were/are still some way off being an automatic promotion contender as it stands. The difference is I have more faith in McKenna to take us to the next step than Cook/Lambert.
Disgraceful half on 14:28 - Apr 16 with 631 viewsSimonds92

Disgraceful half on 14:19 - Apr 16 by JDB23

We’ve definitely improved under McKenna but some people absolutely lost their heads at a little run of 2ppg form. It’s was pretty obvious we were/are still some way off being an automatic promotion contender as it stands. The difference is I have more faith in McKenna to take us to the next step than Cook/Lambert.

Not really 100% sure on that. Based on the standard of the players we have, results were always going to improve, especially in a run of games against the lower end teams. We had spells under Cook where we took teams apart, we are able to keep poor teams at arms length under McKenna but we don't look like we can carve anyone open. We're sooo slow on the ball its ridiculous.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 14:28]
Disgraceful half on 14:28 - Apr 16 with 618 viewspointofblue

Disgraceful half on 14:19 - Apr 16 by JDB23

With this squad, HOW are we so far off being a contender?

Login to get fewer ads

Disgraceful half on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 573 viewsStewart27

This second half is as bad as any I’ve seen over the last few years.

We are an embarrassment up top.
Disgraceful half on 14:30 - Apr 16 with 562 viewspointofblue

Disgraceful half on 14:30 - Apr 16 by Stewart27

This second half is as bad as any I’ve seen over the last few years.

We are an embarrassment up top.

And midfield.

Disgraceful half on 15:03 - Apr 16 with 421 viewsWestcountryblue

Disgraceful half on 14:28 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

With this squad, HOW are we so far off being a contender?

I completely agree. Rotherham would have to absolutely break the bank to bring in the likes of Morsy, Celina, Walton, Chaplin etc...
Most of our squad are on huge wages for this division, as that's why they made the drop down or moved from clubs they were very successful at.
I expect more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024