Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 14:52 - Apr 16 with 658 viewswrightsrightglove

Not sure why every corner we get we now load the 6 yard box with our biggest threats? Surely you want your best players in the air on the edge of the box attacking the ball around the penalty spot? Seems like we’re just static at the moment and if it’s been highlighted as an issue I’m not sure why it’s not being addressed.
Corners on 14:56 - Apr 16 with 625 viewsGarv

There's just no invention whatsoever.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Corners on 14:59 - Apr 16 with 608 viewswrightsrightglove

Corners on 14:56 - Apr 16 by Garv

There's just no invention whatsoever.

The thing is it doesn’t even need to be inventive, just keep it away from the keeper and give your attacking players a chance to attack the ball at pace. Should be basic.
Corners on 15:10 - Apr 16 with 573 viewscbower

This post is spot on. 3 or 4 players bobbing up and down in the 6yd box and three others virtually static in and around the penalty spot is just useless. Some bleeding movement with players attacking driven crosses placed between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box. Celina's ballooned punts into the box are cracked. Chaplin looks our best option as corner taker

bluescouser

Corners on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 544 viewsChrisd

Watching the two sides today with their delivery was like chalk and cheese. Rotherham were playing for set pieces and you could see they had a plan with their delivery and looked a genuine threat. Us on the other hand, it looked far more like hit and hope that something might happen.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Corners on 15:25 - Apr 16 with 527 viewsGarv

Corners on 14:59 - Apr 16 by wrightsrightglove

The thing is it doesn’t even need to be inventive, just keep it away from the keeper and give your attacking players a chance to attack the ball at pace. Should be basic.

No I mean there's no invention on the part of those in the box.

There's not all that much wrong with the delivery apart from the odd one, especially when Evans is on them. It's in the box where the issue lies for me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Corners on 15:31 - Apr 16 with 510 viewsFrimleyBlue

Corners on 15:25 - Apr 16 by Garv

There's not all that much wrong with the delivery apart from the odd one, especially when Evans is on them. It's in the box where the issue lies for me.

You have to question if theres a player switch off or if its a direction from the coaching staff.

How can you have so many corners and stay as static for each one.. it's bizarre.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Corners on 16:06 - Apr 16 with 465 viewswrightsrightglove

Corners on 15:25 - Apr 16 by Garv

Sorry I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was just saying that it doesn’t even take anything inventive to happen, as a professional footballer you should know that you want to be attacking the ball at pace. They must be being instructed to set up like that but I just don’t know why.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 16:08]
Corners on 16:21 - Apr 16 with 429 viewscbower

Liverpool. 19 goals from corners this season. 19!

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Corners on 16:22 - Apr 16 with 427 viewsChrisd

Arguably, the best side in the land, Liverpool, have scored 19 goals from corners this season. Even the best sides know how important set pieces are.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Corners on 17:10 - Apr 16 with 363 viewsDJR

Corners on 15:10 - Apr 16 by cbower

This post is spot on. 3 or 4 players bobbing up and down in the 6yd box and three others virtually static in and around the penalty spot is just useless. Some bleeding movement with players attacking driven crosses placed between the penalty spot and the 6 yard box. Celina's ballooned punts into the box are cracked. Chaplin looks our best option as corner taker

Agreed. When I played (at an admittedly low level), the taller players attacked the ball from deep, and the six yard box was where the smaller players hovered about for rebounds and knock-ons. Coming from deep gave momentum and pace, enabled adjustment to the direction and flight of the ball, and was much more difficult to defend against.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 17:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024