Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. 15:47 - Apr 16 with 1797 viewscbower

It's with a semi disparaging tone that he says Rotherham made it into a "game of set pieces" and the ball was "hardly in play". Whilst it is true the have a style of play very different to ours and I am largely ok with that. I like the ball played on the ground and some of our stuff in the first half was nice. However, we probably average 6 plus corners every game and look increasingly unlikely to get anything from them. Rotherham got lots of fouls 20-40 yards from our goal out wide and looked threatening from them. We don't. In addition, we don't shoot from distance. All part of the game we don't seem to value but could be the difference between success and failure.

bluescouser

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 15:51 - Apr 16 with 1693 viewsFrimleyBlue

Said a few weeks ago. We barely seem to get any freekicks outside the area let alone any to cross from in a dangerous position.

We barely get the box to get pens either.

It's either perfectly created goal or 0.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 16:07 - Apr 16 with 1584 viewsIllinoisblue

Didn’t get that vibe at all. Just read all of Phil’s report from the presser and KMac is praising Rotherham a lot. And says we need to get better at what we do.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 16:12 - Apr 16 with 1533 viewscbower

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 16:07 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Didn’t get that vibe at all. Just read all of Phil’s report from the presser and KMac is praising Rotherham a lot. And says we need to get better at what we do.

Yes, he said they were good at what they do but I sense it's not part of the game he values for his own team.

bluescouser

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 16:17 - Apr 16 with 1485 viewsArnieM

I could have told him that Rotherham would “ play” for corners and cheap, free kicks around our box, especially second half. That’s all they are about. They’re a typical physical, pub style League One side, nothing more. This is why it’s so hard to get out of this division and McKenna had better wise up quick for nex5 seas9n. Pretty possession football Barcaesque in League 9ne will not cut it , especially when we can’t put the ball 8n the net from two bloody yards!!

We are not street wise, savvy, call it what you will. We are a SOFT TOUCH… and passing it around , through and back and forth around opponents frankly boarders on taking the piss. Who gets the last laugh in most games though ? The opposition!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 17:02 - Apr 16 with 1259 viewsBobsthename

Yes some things he says is worrying but i’m sure he can see what’s wrong with our team and will address it ,if he don’t he’ll be out easy as.
Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 17:08 - Apr 16 with 1227 viewsWickets

Yes i agree we are too easy to defend against and need to mix our play up more to get out of this league .
[Redacted] on 17:25 - Apr 16 with 1161 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 17:33 - Apr 16 with 1102 viewsWonky

'Pretty possession football Barcaesque in League 9ne will not cut it'

Actually it will, at any level having greater possession of the ball is an advantage.
Login to get fewer ads

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 17:36 - Apr 16 with 1071 viewsMeadowlark

Yes. A little bit concerning that this is the first occasion when his comments have not really reflected the match we all saw. We got used to the spin from previous managers, but so far McKenna's after match comments have been quite honest. Rotherham were better than us in the second half and deserved to win. The "set pieces" were part of it, but not to the extent that he implies.
Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 18:31 - Apr 16 with 920 viewsRadlett_blue

Disagree. McKenna was right that Rotherham came out all aggressive in the 2nd half & we couldn't deal with it. We need more steel against teams like that (doubt if Bakinson is good enough) & we also need to be able to control the ball & the game better. If we'd done that with better passing & a striker who could hold up the ball it wouldn't have become a game of free kicks & throw ins. How McKenna deals with Town's failings by his recruitment in the summer will be key. I don't think he's going to change hugely the way Town play.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 18:34 - Apr 16 with 908 viewsFrimleyBlue

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 17:33 - Apr 16 by Wonky

Actually it will, at any level having greater possession of the ball is an advantage.

Lambert didn't get any advantages despite leading on the possession front.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 19:31 - Apr 16 with 767 viewsSonOfSpock

Parts of McKenna's comments worry me. on 17:33 - Apr 16 by Wonky

If you create enough chances and put them away.

On both counts its not happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024