Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 17:09 - Apr 16 with 1020 viewstractorboy1978

Sh1t once again. Nowhere near good enough and the fact McKenna persists with him over Pigott and Bonne tells you all you need to know about how much he rates them. Big overhaul in that area coming in the summer.
Norwood on 17:10 - Apr 16 with 988 viewsMillsTash

All 3 are as bad as each other and I can see all 3 not being with us next season.
Norwood on 17:10 - Apr 16 with 979 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely. Could well be Jackson plus three new strikers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood on 17:12 - Apr 16 with 963 viewsIllinoisblue

Bonne would be worth keeping if we could get him on a free. Not convinced Jackson will be the answer to our scoring problems either.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwood on 17:13 - Apr 16 with 960 viewsVeggie

We absolutely need to create and score more chances. There’s no pony in having a solid defence if we can’t score.
Norwood on 17:15 - Apr 16 with 916 viewsBlueBadger

Norwood on 17:12 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Bonne would be worth keeping if we could get him on a free. Not convinced Jackson will be the answer to our scoring problems either.

I don't think he's the answer, but there's probably a role here for him. Given his lack of game time, I suspect that McKenna has made his mind up about Bonne(no idea WHICH way, though), I wouldn't be surprised if we look to offload Piggot and Norwood is probably gone.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Norwood on 17:18 - Apr 16 with 894 viewsFtnfwest

Norwood on 17:12 - Apr 16 by Illinoisblue

Was thinking that about bonne. Yes but only on a free
[Redacted] on 17:20 - Apr 16 with 877 viewsvictorywilhappen

Norwood on 17:13 - Apr 16 by Veggie

We absolutely need to create and score more chances. There’s no pony in having a solid defence if we can’t score.

[Redacted]
Norwood on 17:21 - Apr 16 with 879 viewsGarv

As a massive defender of him I can't argue too much having watched that miss, albeit all strikers will miss those and we need to find other ways to score.

But there's a reason he's had a run of games and even aside from his goal and assist recently, he offers more than Bonne and Pigott on the whole - that's pretty obvious. There's a question of whether Pigott, especially, even gets on the end of that Burns cross today.

For me, you keep him around but I get why people say otherwise.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 17:22 - Apr 16 with 868 viewsDJR

I'm not suggesting we keep him, but Norwood didn't really get much in the way of service today, except for the missed chance. You also can't expect a striker to score every chance. He also strikes me as the best of the three options we currently have. In his last two games, he created one goal and scored another.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 17:24]
Norwood on 17:28 - Apr 16 with 818 viewstractorboy1978

Norwood on 17:22 - Apr 16 by DJR

I'm not suggesting we keep him, but Norwood didn't really get much in the way of service today, except for the missed chance. You also can't expect a striker to score every chance. He also strikes me as the best of the three options we currently have. In his last two games, he created one goal and scored another.

He’s a big part of the reason we struggle to build any pressure though. Can’t hold the ball, can’t link play, gives away cheap free kicks, doesn’t stretch play in behind. We need so much more from our front man than he offers. And Bonne/Pigott aren’t offering it either.
[Redacted] on 17:30 - Apr 16 with 796 viewsvictorywilhappen

Norwood on 17:22 - Apr 16 by DJR

[Redacted]
Norwood on 17:43 - Apr 16 with 750 viewsDJR

Norwood on 17:28 - Apr 16 by tractorboy1978

He’s a big part of the reason we struggle to build any pressure though. Can’t hold the ball, can’t link play, gives away cheap free kicks, doesn’t stretch play in behind. We need so much more from our front man than he offers. And Bonne/Pigott aren’t offering it either.

I don't think our problems today concerning pressure were caused by Norwood. We basically lost control of the midfield in the second half, and the attacking players behind him were largely anonymous.
Norwood on 17:48 - Apr 16 with 729 viewscressi

Norwood on 17:43 - Apr 16 by DJR

I don't think our problems today concerning pressure were caused by Norwood. We basically lost control of the midfield in the second half, and the attacking players behind him were largely anonymous.

Exactly
Norwood on 17:53 - Apr 16 with 707 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Poor today. Like all our strikers - not one of them is going to take us to the next level and anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024