Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People going early on Baggott I see 18:57 - Apr 16 with 1658 viewsGarv

I'm not knocking him, that was good for a debut so fair play to him. He lost Smith for the goal though, unfortunately.

My main point is it's no wonder so few youngsters have the mettle to come through at Ipswich. They seem to be overrated from day one.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 19:36]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:00 - Apr 16 with 1612 viewspointofblue

Have people said more than he was good? Interestingly, Ainsworth seemed to think post match it was Woolfenden who was slightly out of position for the goal rather than Baggott, who made the block.

Yes, he had some issues, but they had a very physical front line. As you say, he did well, it was a promising debut. I haven't seen many saying more than that but apologies if they have.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 19:01]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:00 - Apr 16 with 1600 viewsBlueBadger

Literally no-one has done that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:02 - Apr 16 with 1585 viewsSitfcB

Bonne should’ve cleared it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:04 - Apr 16 with 1565 viewsITFC_Forever

Mettle.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:12 - Apr 16 with 1514 viewsitfcjoe

Rubbish point, poorly made

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:15 - Apr 16 with 1496 viewsIllinoisblue

What the hell are you talking about?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:32 - Apr 16 with 1412 viewsGarv

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:04 - Apr 16 by ITFC_Forever

Mettle.

Thanks

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:51 - Apr 16 with 1336 viewsIllinoisblue

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:32 - Apr 16 by Garv

Thanks

See also what Burns said:

The opportunity Smith did get had nothing at all to do with Elkan; it was more about our lack of concentration on a set play.

“It fell nicely for him and if you give Smith an opportunity like that in the box he’s going to punish you. It was a brilliant debut for the lad and we’re all really proud of him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

People going early on Baggott I see on 20:05 - Apr 16 with 1264 viewsGarv

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:00 - Apr 16 by pointofblue

Have people said more than he was good? Interestingly, Ainsworth seemed to think post match it was Woolfenden who was slightly out of position for the goal rather than Baggott, who made the block.

Yes, he had some issues, but they had a very physical front line. As you say, he did well, it was a promising debut. I haven't seen many saying more than that but apologies if they have.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 19:01]

It was more a general point on youngsters really, probably harsh to single him out.

On the goal it probably depends how you look at it. He was on Smith and then just left him, but arguably for the sake of his position. That's why he was in acres though.

People going early on Baggott I see on 20:06 - Apr 16 with 1243 viewsGarv

People going early on Baggott I see on 19:12 - Apr 16 by itfcjoe

Rubbish point, poorly made

Sorry, Elkan.

People going early on Baggott I see on 20:14 - Apr 16 with 1204 viewsstrikalite

Thought he was very composed and used the ball well, Smith is a bloody handful for even the experienced, he reminded me of a young Mings, same style and plays with his head up, he's going to be some player.
People going early on Baggott I see on 20:40 - Apr 16 with 1116 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The uppie was about our constant over rating of our youth players rather than anything else.
Baggot did really well, let's hope he develops well, Loan to a L2 club for him potentially next season.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

People going early on Baggott I see on 20:56 - Apr 16 with 1057 viewsChrisd

From memory, I thought Baggott was in the centre of box dealing with that initial malee, from the throw, I could be wrong, but I also thought he got the block in to prevent the initial shot before it went out to Smith. The young man had a baptism of fire dealing with a physical and direct side like Rotherham on his league debut and he came through it really well. If I was KM, I’d start him in the remaining 3 games too.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

People going early on Baggott I see on 21:02 - Apr 16 with 1024 viewsNthsuffolkblue

People going early on Baggott I see on 20:56 - Apr 16 by Chrisd

From memory, I thought Baggott was in the centre of box dealing with that initial malee, from the throw, I could be wrong, but I also thought he got the block in to prevent the initial shot before it went out to Smith. The young man had a baptism of fire dealing with a physical and direct side like Rotherham on his league debut and he came through it really well. If I was KM, I’d start him in the remaining 3 games too.

I don't think Baggott was marking Smith on that bit of play at all. I want to see it again to be sure but I think Bonne has him (not sure why) and he then makes a run from the near post and backs away further and further leaving Woolf and Bonne in the middle. The main error for the goal is not making the initial header (Bakinson) although he is pushed as he goes to do so. A bad miss from the referee and assistant not spotting that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

People going early on Baggott I see on 21:05 - Apr 16 with 1015 viewsNthsuffolkblue

People going early on Baggott I see on 21:02 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't think Baggott was marking Smith on that bit of play at all. I want to see it again to be sure but I think Bonne has him (not sure why) and he then makes a run from the near post and backs away further and further leaving Woolf and Bonne in the middle. The main error for the goal is not making the initial header (Bakinson) although he is pushed as he goes to do so. A bad miss from the referee and assistant not spotting that.

I also don't see anyone saying anything OTT about Baggott. It was a good debut reminiscent of Woolfenden's against Blackburn. We all know it took a lot longer for Woolfenden to become the player he now is so, as promising as it is, we are not going to be looking at anything more than a squad cover or out-on-loan role from him next season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

People going early on Baggott I see on 21:37 - Apr 16 with 926 viewsdavblue

People going early on Baggott I see on 20:56 - Apr 16 by Chrisd

Thought the big mistake was Bakinson not winning the 1st header which we never really recovered from.
People going early on Baggott I see on 22:26 - Apr 16 with 778 viewsChrisd

People going early on Baggott I see on 21:37 - Apr 16 by davblue

Thought the big mistake was Bakinson not winning the 1st header which we never really recovered from.

Can’t disagree with you Davblue.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024