Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning 13:36 - Apr 17 with 1181 viewsChrisd

Over the last 10 games we have amassed 14 points and scored 8 goals. It's probably only been the last couple of games in that run we'd ruled ourselves out of the play off running. I suppose the point I'm making is for all the hope we had of trying to gate crash the top 6, the endless posts of 'if we win the next 5,6 or 7 matches we'd get in the promotion shake up,' the reality was we weren't really pulling up any trees and our form was no better than a midtable side who were drawing too may games.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 13:37]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 13:40 - Apr 17 with 1101 viewsFrimleyBlue

But if we carry on the ppg over a season etc etc..

Celina. Burns. Chaplin. Aluko are the best in the league etc

Truth is. We have half a promotion challenging squad. We now need to get the other half this summer.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:15 - Apr 17 with 998 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 13:40 - Apr 17 by FrimleyBlue

But if we carry on the ppg over a season etc etc..

Celina. Burns. Chaplin. Aluko are the best in the league etc

Truth is. We have half a promotion challenging squad. We now need to get the other half this summer.

I always find it amusing how you always name those four players in particular.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:23 - Apr 17 with 958 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:15 - Apr 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I always find it amusing how you always name those four players in particular.

Because they're the threat behind the striker and 3 of the 4 haven't contributed anywhere near enough for their positions in the side.

Burns is a tough one as his goal return is better but some of his performances aren't great but having said that he's the one of the 4 I'd keep. But I'd get a back up and rotate him to keep him fresh

Waka waka eh eh

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:29 - Apr 17 with 939 viewsSkip_Intro

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:23 - Apr 17 by FrimleyBlue

Because they're the threat behind the striker and 3 of the 4 haven't contributed anywhere near enough for their positions in the side.

Burns is a tough one as his goal return is better but some of his performances aren't great but having said that he's the one of the 4 I'd keep. But I'd get a back up and rotate him to keep him fresh

so you'd get rid of Celina, Aluko and Chaplin?
Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:38 - Apr 17 with 897 viewsTJS

First 10 games under McKenna were great - 22 points
Second 10 are not good enough yet again and actually three less than Cook’s last 10.
We cannot keep having 10 match runs like this once or twice a season and expect to get out of this league.
Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:38 - Apr 17 with 888 viewsElephantintheRoom

Delusional. Town haven’t been anywhere near the play offs all season long.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:39 - Apr 17 with 880 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:29 - Apr 17 by Skip_Intro

so you'd get rid of Celina, Aluko and Chaplin?

I'd keep who I feel would contribute enough.

We aren't getting that from this lot. Individually great players but they don't work with what we are doing or wanting to do. That's down to KM to figure out. As a group these don't work together. It's been proven over the last 20 odd games. 4 goals in total. Thank god we have burns otherwise the goal return from the final third is shocking. Aluko is one of my favourite players. But again he's not a goal scorer.

Waka waka eh eh

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:42 - Apr 17 with 871 viewstextbackup

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:23 - Apr 17 by FrimleyBlue

i dont think them guys behind the strikers particularly trust that if they get a ball in early that whoever is in there would score.

might be why they hold on to it a bit longer, for a better option to come up

see burns with his ball in to norwood vs rotherham. next time he'll probably question whos in the box and the moment is gone

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 837 viewsBlueBadger

I enjoyed the bit where you agreed with me about needing good Championship players then decide that we could do without severlof our Championship standard players.

More flip-flops than an Aussie shoe shop.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 14:49]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:49 - Apr 17 with 829 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:42 - Apr 17 by textbackup

i dont think them guys behind the strikers particularly trust that if they get a ball in early that whoever is in there would score.

might be why they hold on to it a bit longer, for a better option to come up

see burns with his ball in to norwood vs rotherham. next time he'll probably question whos in the box and the moment is gone

That's a fair assumption, but that doesn't stop them getting the ball and making something happen themselves. Or joining in with the striker and being an option to score themselves.

If their trust also isn't there then they need to remember the level we are playing. Yes norwoods chance was easy. But that was he only chance given in 6o odd minutes. Strikers need more than 1 opportunity.

But my biggest gripe isn't the assists as you can't control that if players don't time the run etc.. but it's the lack of goals. This is the biggest problem and none of our final third players seem to be able to make their own goals.

Waka waka eh eh

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:51 - Apr 17 with 815 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:49 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

I enjoyed the bit where you agreed with me about needing good Championship players then decide that we could do without severlof our Championship standard players.

More flip-flops than an Aussie shoe shop.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 14:49]

Good twist their BB, not a shock.

I said I agreed about the need for balance with these champ players, covered in this thread when I agree individually they are great players but for the team it doesn't seem to work and it's for KM to figure out why not.

Good try tho BB

Waka waka eh eh

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:54 - Apr 17 with 805 viewsBlueBadger

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:51 - Apr 17 by FrimleyBlue

Good twist their BB, not a shock.

I said I agreed about the need for balance with these champ players, covered in this thread when I agree individually they are great players but for the team it doesn't seem to work and it's for KM to figure out why not.

Good try tho BB

...but you'd still make us better by getting rid of several of our Championship standard players though?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:57 - Apr 17 with 791 viewsFrimleyBlue

Interesting stat that Sturat Watson mentioned in his article this morning on 14:54 - Apr 17 by BlueBadger

...but you'd still make us better by getting rid of several of our Championship standard players though?

If they are replaced with players more suitable for KM style of football then yes I would.

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024