Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really hope we win tonight 07:39 - Apr 19 with 1563 viewsSteve_M

Just to shush the tedious revisionist takes on the season that are kicking in now.

Also, Wigan really weren't all that back in December.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I really hope we win tonight on 08:13 - Apr 19 with 1467 viewsDJR

Absolutely, and to be honest, apart from Rotherham, none of those above us has been that great when we've played them.
I really hope we win tonight on 09:20 - Apr 19 with 1348 viewsbobbyramsey

I really hope we win tonight on 08:13 - Apr 19 by DJR

Absolutely, and to be honest, apart from Rotherham, none of those above us has been that great when we've played them.

Btw, did you see the state of Plymouth v Sunderland the other day?

They literally looked like two pub teams compared to us.
I really hope we win tonight on 09:27 - Apr 19 with 1322 viewstextbackup

i actually dont really want to go tonight, purely because i cant handle hearing some of those around me.

they dont deserve us to achieve anything

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I really hope we win tonight on 10:07 - Apr 19 with 1247 viewshomer_123

Quite Steve - which makes this season, possibly, the most frustrating for me.

This division really is not that great and had we had KM earlier in the season - I do think we'd be there or thereabouts.

Quietly optimistic about next season.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I really hope we win tonight on 10:24 - Apr 19 with 1192 viewstextbackup

I really hope we win tonight on 10:07 - Apr 19 by homer_123

Quite Steve - which makes this season, possibly, the most frustrating for me.

This division really is not that great and had we had KM earlier in the season - I do think we'd be there or thereabouts.

Quietly optimistic about next season.

this division is dreadful, with organisation being the key factor that i can see to get up to the higher end of the league.

we have a manager that has us organised nicely, yes we miss a goal scorer at the moment, that isnt his fault. next season i firmly believe we'll sit around the top 4 for the majority of the season, and take a top 2 spot at the end

I really hope we win tonight on 10:59 - Apr 19 with 1110 viewshomer_123

I really hope we win tonight on 10:24 - Apr 19 by textbackup

this division is dreadful, with organisation being the key factor that i can see to get up to the higher end of the league.

we have a manager that has us organised nicely, yes we miss a goal scorer at the moment, that isnt his fault. next season i firmly believe we'll sit around the top 4 for the majority of the season, and take a top 2 spot at the end

Not going to get carried away, none of this 100 points, 100 goals rubbish but I think, Texty, you are possibly right.

As I say, optimistic without getting carried away.

Be very interesting to see how much we change over the summer in terms of comings and goings.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I really hope we win tonight on 11:00 - Apr 19 with 1106 viewsTJS

I'm looking forward to tonight.
When you can no longer get promotion yourself the next best thing for me is trying to wreck it for someone else.
I really hope we win tonight on 11:08 - Apr 19 with 1076 viewsBobbychase

"I'm still behind McKenna for now, but he has a lot to prove still. Wheels have come off blah blah blah."

If he's still our manager in two season's time we will be extremely fortunate I think.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Login to get fewer ads

I really hope we win tonight on 11:14 - Apr 19 with 1051 viewsSharkey

I really hope we win tonight on 09:27 - Apr 19 by textbackup

i actually dont really want to go tonight, purely because i cant handle hearing some of those around me.

One of the few charms of following Colchester Utd at the moment is that if the people around you are a pain there is always the option to simply get up and go and sit somewhere else; the stewards really don’t mind. I’m not sure I’d go if that wasn’t an option.
I really hope we win tonight on 11:17 - Apr 19 with 1025 viewsArnieM

I really hope we win tonight on 08:13 - Apr 19 by DJR

exactly , which is what makes our performances over this season frustrating in so many ways , and it doesn't seem to make a difference whos the manager, we still cant put a game to bed and score multiple goals , or go on a run of winning games. ....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I really hope we win tonight on 11:19 - Apr 19 with 1025 viewsJ2BLUE

Unbelievably some (a very small minority) people are starting to heavily hint that McKenna has somehow failed. Averaging 1.8 points per game...not really his fault if teams above us keep winning.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I really hope we win tonight on 11:22 - Apr 19 with 992 viewspointofblue

If we win tonight it’ll probably be down to an attack down the right and a strong defence. If we lose it’ll be because Burns has been marked out of the game by Wigan’s defence and we slip up at a set piece or long throw. I don’t think any of the remaining matches will tell us anything we don’t already know.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I really hope we win tonight on 11:26 - Apr 19 with 961 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I really hope we win tonight on 10:24 - Apr 19 by textbackup

I don't quite share your top two optimism. I think it is possible, but I think more likely we will be in the play-offs.

Time will tell and I hope you are right or that we do even better than that!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I really hope we win tonight on 11:28 - Apr 19 with 952 viewstextbackup

I really hope we win tonight on 11:19 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

Unbelievably some (a very small minority) people are starting to heavily hint that McKenna has somehow failed. Averaging 1.8 points per game...not really his fault if teams above us keep winning.

"why cant this manager come in 1/2 way through the season, with a squad he didnt build, and win every single game to keep up with the pack above that seem to be winning every week...."

they do have a point.....

I really hope we win tonight on 11:33 - Apr 19 with 927 viewsJ2BLUE

I really hope we win tonight on 11:26 - Apr 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

I don't quite share your top two optimism. I think it is possible, but I think more likely we will be in the play-offs.

Time will tell and I hope you are right or that we do even better than that!

Based on what?

None of us know what business we will do this summer. Right now people are excited by potential. At the end of the summer we could have a top 2 squad with very good manager or we could have sold Woolf and made uninspiring signings. Can't see the latter happening though.

Truly impaired.

I really hope we win tonight on 11:35 - Apr 19 with 921 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They seem to be one of two types too.

1 Always negative about everything;
2 Very supportive of Cook and angry we didn't show more patience with the man who is showing what he is really capable of now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I really hope we win tonight on 11:35 - Apr 19 with 919 viewspointofblue

Ok, I’ll bite because this thread was fishing for it anyway - 1.8 points per game is a good return. Saying that, I’d feel more confident if we averaged 1.4 ppg from our first ten and 2.1 ppg from our last ten rather than the other way round.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I really hope we win tonight on 12:04 - Apr 19 with 855 viewsJ2BLUE

I really hope we win tonight on 11:35 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

Ok, I’ll bite because this thread was fishing for it anyway - 1.8 points per game is a good return. Saying that, I’d feel more confident if we averaged 1.4 ppg from our first ten and 2.1 ppg from our last ten rather than the other way round.

McKenna can see the problems though. We know we are going to be brining in a couple of strikers and 1-2 other key areas.

Truly impaired.

I really hope we win tonight on 12:08 - Apr 19 with 830 viewsKieran_Knows

I really hope we win tonight on 09:27 - Apr 19 by textbackup

God yeah.

I'll hear the usual 'why are we f**king around with it at the back for, just get it forward'

Followed by Woolfenden knocking it like for them to go 'why you lumping it long to nobody for'

Boils my p*ss, every single game. Yes we'll make mistakes playing out from the back, but I'd take that any day of the week than pumping it long.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I really hope we win tonight on 12:17 - Apr 19 with 797 viewstextbackup

I really hope we win tonight on 12:08 - Apr 19 by Kieran_Knows

God yeah.

I'll hear the usual 'why are we f**king around with it at the back for, just get it forward'

Followed by Woolfenden knocking it like for them to go 'why you lumping it long to nobody for'

Boils my p*ss, every single game. Yes we'll make mistakes playing out from the back, but I'd take that any day of the week than pumping it long.

the very same fans will have complained about MM's style.

no.pleasing.some.people

I really hope we win tonight on 12:18 - Apr 19 with 802 viewsDyland

I really hope we win tonight on 12:04 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

McKenna can see the problems though. We know we are going to be brining in a couple of strikers and 1-2 other key areas.

Will there be a dry rub after the brining?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I really hope we win tonight on 12:38 - Apr 19 with 742 viewsElephantintheRoom

I really hope we win tonight on 12:04 - Apr 19 by J2BLUE

We are gong to bring in a couple of strikers? We brought in one who got 22 goals for Wimbledon - and released one who has got 22 goals for Wigan this season . We also brought in Bonne, who could score goals pre-McKenna, Norwood, Harrison, a greyhound Uncle Tom Cobbley and all in the last three years - and look like letting another home grown goal scorer slip through our finger tips.

Whilst the current incumbents can’t hit a barn door with a banjo there does seem something a little deeper at work than simply needing yet another crop of iffy strikers

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I really hope we win tonight on 12:42 - Apr 19 with 731 viewswkj

I really hope we win tonight on 12:38 - Apr 19 by ElephantintheRoom

We are gong to bring in a couple of strikers? We brought in one who got 22 goals for Wimbledon - and released one who has got 22 goals for Wigan this season . We also brought in Bonne, who could score goals pre-McKenna, Norwood, Harrison, a greyhound Uncle Tom Cobbley and all in the last three years - and look like letting another home grown goal scorer slip through our finger tips.

Whilst the current incumbents can’t hit a barn door with a banjo there does seem something a little deeper at work than simply needing yet another crop of iffy strikers

I don't think J2 is advocating we bring in iffy strikers.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I really hope we win tonight on 13:13 - Apr 19 with 671 viewsArnieM

I really hope we win tonight on 12:38 - Apr 19 by ElephantintheRoom

maybe that suggests the supply is the issue as opposed to the sticking it the net ? although our strikers have been very poor in front of goal. I don't think I've ever seen so many stone wall sitters missed in one season by so many different players ....and if that's me being negative , then so beit

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024