Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TEAM 18:46 - Apr 19 with 2204 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TEAM on 18:48 - Apr 19 with 2114 viewsblueislander

Quite happy with that provided Celina turns up.
TEAM on 18:48 - Apr 19 with 2099 viewsSitfcB

Very harsh on Baggott.

COYB

TEAM on 18:49 - Apr 19 with 2068 viewsTractorFrog

I also think Baggott should have been given another match but pleased to see Bonne and Penney back.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

TEAM on 18:50 - Apr 19 with 2020 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yep, it is. You’re good at this!

On paper looks great…

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TEAM on 18:51 - Apr 19 with 1991 viewsblueislander

TEAM on 18:48 - Apr 19 by SitfcB

Very harsh on Baggott.

His time will come. Other than stupidly getting sent off, Burgess has been pretty solid.
TEAM on 18:51 - Apr 19 with 1983 viewsGarv

You could say it's harsh on Baggott but he's not the next Maldini, and if we want to win the game we're best off playing established first team players.

Hope Penney proves a point to some.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

TEAM on 18:54 - Apr 19 with 1871 viewswaveneyblue

Really hope Morsy turns up. He was really poor on Saturday and that hindered our performance -

Not a dig at him, quite the opposite as he is usually superb
TEAM on 18:56 - Apr 19 with 1827 viewswkj

I don't think this is harsh on Baggott. You want to integrate him in slowly and not do what Cook did with Bailey Clements and do too much too soon. The only minor gripe I have is seeing Carroll on the team sheet.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

TEAM on 18:59 - Apr 19 with 1768 viewsDarth_Koont

On one hand, I’d like to see more of the kids given a chance.

But it’s Wigan and I can respect the team needs to bounce back and have a better chance of ending the season positively. So here’s hoping for a statement performance and a few goals.

Pronouns: He/Him

TEAM on 19:01 - Apr 19 with 1734 viewsSwansea_Blue

TEAM on 18:48 - Apr 19 by SitfcB

Very harsh on Baggott.

Nah. He’s had a taste and wouldn’t expect to suddenly cement a place.

TEAM on 19:01 - Apr 19 with 1729 viewspointofblue

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TEAM on 19:03 - Apr 19 with 1663 viewsGarv

TEAM on 19:01 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

What a strange teamsheet graphic.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

TEAM on 19:06 - Apr 19 with 1612 viewsColin_Viljoen

No Baggott No Party!
TEAM on 19:13 - Apr 19 with 1559 viewsunstableblue

TEAM on 18:59 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

On one hand, I’d like to see more of the kids given a chance.

But it’s Wigan and I can respect the team needs to bounce back and have a better chance of ending the season positively. So here’s hoping for a statement performance and a few goals.

I was hoping to see Baggot play live

But we need a win to boost the project, best a top team in the league, and build momentum

Just not sure Penney and Bonne can provide what we need

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

TEAM on 19:17 - Apr 19 with 1514 viewsSitfcB

TEAM on 18:51 - Apr 19 by blueislander

His time will come. Other than stupidly getting sent off, Burgess has been pretty solid.

I agree but he didn’t do anything wrong on Saturday, it’s a nothing game, should’ve kept his place.

COYB

TEAM on 19:22 - Apr 19 with 1465 viewsNthQldITFC

TEAM on 19:03 - Apr 19 by Garv

What a strange teamsheet graphic.

They're playing a lopsided 2-2-2-2-2-1.

It's all the rage oop North.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

TEAM on 19:26 - Apr 19 with 1428 viewsSkip_Intro

TEAM on 18:56 - Apr 19 by wkj

I don't think this is harsh on Baggott. You want to integrate him in slowly and not do what Cook did with Bailey Clements and do too much too soon. The only minor gripe I have is seeing Carroll on the team sheet.

agree 100% - we need to manage him carefully - he will know that he played well and will feature again. We always seem to build our young players up so quickly just to knock them down when they inevitably slip up...
TEAM on 19:34 - Apr 19 with 1355 viewsChrisd

Not sure what Baggott is going to learn sitting on the bench? These next 3 league games seemed ideal to play him in, so he could find his feet at this level.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

TEAM on 19:37 - Apr 19 with 1322 viewsSkip_Intro

TEAM on 19:34 - Apr 19 by Chrisd

Not sure what Baggott is going to learn sitting on the bench? These next 3 league games seemed ideal to play him in, so he could find his feet at this level.

he will learn that he had a good game and is a member of the squad...one good performance shouldn't mean a youngster just waltzes into the team. Their expectations need managing, as well as their exposure to our often fickle fans...let's not build him up too soon only for him to be knocked down as soon as he makes a mistake - his time will undoubtedly come and he will be a better player for learning the value of hard work and application in the long run
TEAM on 19:49 - Apr 19 with 1257 viewsChrisd

TEAM on 19:37 - Apr 19 by Skip_Intro

he will learn that he had a good game and is a member of the squad...one good performance shouldn't mean a youngster just waltzes into the team. Their expectations need managing, as well as their exposure to our often fickle fans...let's not build him up too soon only for him to be knocked down as soon as he makes a mistake - his time will undoubtedly come and he will be a better player for learning the value of hard work and application in the long run

If he can’t play in games that don’t matter, I’m not sure when the best time is? There literally is no better time. He played very well on Saturday, he’d be full of confidence, put him in again. The only way he’s going to improve is by playing, not sitting on the bench. It’s nothing to do with over-egging our youngsters, this lad looks the real deal.

TEAM on 19:56 - Apr 19 with 1230 viewsSwansea_Blue

TEAM on 19:37 - Apr 19 by Skip_Intro

All of this. He’s 19 and just made his first start. Plenty of time.

TEAM on 20:41 - Apr 19 with 1151 viewsSkip_Intro

TEAM on 19:49 - Apr 19 by Chrisd

If he can’t play in games that don’t matter, I’m not sure when the best time is? There literally is no better time. He played very well on Saturday, he’d be full of confidence, put him in again. The only way he’s going to improve is by playing, not sitting on the bench. It’s nothing to do with over-egging our youngsters, this lad looks the real deal.

Did you even read all of my post?
TEAM on 20:43 - Apr 19 with 1141 viewsChrisd

TEAM on 20:41 - Apr 19 by Skip_Intro

Did you even read all of my post?

Yes, that’s why I replied. You think differently to me sums it up.

TEAM on 20:45 - Apr 19 with 1132 viewsSkip_Intro

TEAM on 20:43 - Apr 19 by Chrisd

Yes, that’s why I replied. You think differently to me sums it up.

he's played one game and already he's 'the real deal'...people like you building him up as if he's the messiah after just one decent game are exactly why he needs to be managed carefully
TEAM on 20:54 - Apr 19 with 1103 viewsChrisd

TEAM on 20:45 - Apr 19 by Skip_Intro

he's played one game and already he's 'the real deal'...people like you building him up as if he's the messiah after just one decent game are exactly why he needs to be managed carefully

You can see how he played on Saturday, he looks a lot better prospect than a lot of our ‘promising’ youngsters which are often highly praised for little substance. People like you won’t let him play, because you’re too worried about the ‘ifs and buts’. We’re talking about L1 football, not the EPL and it’s the last 3 games of the season with nothing on them from our point of view, really can’t see what the harm is in starting him in those games. Until he plays a few games you’re aren’t going to know, but playing him here and there isn’t going to enhance him either.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024