Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How on Earth can some people moan about this? 20:18 - Apr 19 with 2685 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s good football at most levels, never mind L1. Of course we have to score more, but the foundations are obviously there. It’s far more entertaining that watch our efforts in recent years to string 3 passes together.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:23 - Apr 19 with 2244 viewsDJR

Agreed. Indeed, I'd rather be in L1 playing this the type of football than in the Championship playing the way Rotherham play.
How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:30 - Apr 19 with 2181 viewsNthQldITFC

There's a lot of what I'd call 'gentle' moaning on here and in the chatroom, which is par for the course these days, and one or two loons. As you say the foundations are there, the style is excellent and we are assured that the backing is there too. I'm happier about our future than I have been at any time since about 2002! People gotta chill, man.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:34 - Apr 19 with 2141 viewsSwansea_Blue

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:30 - Apr 19 by NthQldITFC

There's a lot of what I'd call 'gentle' moaning on here and in the chatroom, which is par for the course these days, and one or two loons. As you say the foundations are there, the style is excellent and we are assured that the backing is there too. I'm happier about our future than I have been at any time since about 2002! People gotta chill, man.

I’ve changed my mind. Clegg OUT!

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:36 - Apr 19 with 2057 viewsFrimleyBlue

Because you don't get 3 points if you don't score goals.

No one has said the football isn't great to watch. But it doesn't win games on its own.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:46 - Apr 19 with 1927 viewsMetal_Hacker

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:36 - Apr 19 by FrimleyBlue

No one has said the football isn't great to watch. But it doesn't win games on its own.

I think the theory being the foundations are there , not for this season but for next

Surely most can see that ….right ?

Add a goal scorer to this team and…….

Poll: If it were one or the other

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:49 - Apr 19 with 1878 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Next season we will have a new strike force. The style of play is excellent and any decent striker would have a field day.
I’ve enjoyed our performance thus far and am very much looking forward to next season.
Uppa Town

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:51 - Apr 19 with 1777 viewsFrimleyBlue

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:46 - Apr 19 by Metal_Hacker

I think the theory being the foundations are there , not for this season but for next

Absolutely. I was responding to the OP subject line.

Waka waka eh eh

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:57 - Apr 19 with 1753 viewsEnigma_Blue

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:46 - Apr 19 by Metal_Hacker

But who is this mythical prolific goal scorer we are going to sign? Every year since Murphy left we have been trying to sign one but we haven't managed it yet why will next season be different?
Login to get fewer ads

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:58 - Apr 19 with 1730 viewsMetal_Hacker

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:57 - Apr 19 by Enigma_Blue

But who is this mythical prolific goal scorer we are going to sign? Every year since Murphy left we have been trying to sign one but we haven't managed it yet why will next season be different?

Think I’d be here on my phone commenting on a football forum if I knew the answer to that question ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:01 - Apr 19 with 1688 viewsNthQldITFC

Because we have the backing and the recruitment infrastructure now!

Just because the infrastructure and funding under Evans was shyte, doesn't mean we have to pessimistically think it will be the same now that everything has changed... because everything has changed. Believe.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:07 - Apr 19 with 1652 viewsPowrigan

We moan because we are mid-table in league one!!!
How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:08 - Apr 19 with 1632 viewsSwansea_Blue

That fella who scored for them tonight looks ok, but probably out of our league.

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:17 - Apr 19 with 1554 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well of course. But you slso don’t set yourself up to win games if you don’t get performances right.

But irrespective of results, as a fan I like to enjoy watching games. And I’m enjoying watching games again after nearly 20 years of abject averageness (bar a very few runs of good games).

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:22 - Apr 19 with 1496 viewsFrimleyBlue

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:17 - Apr 19 by Swansea_Blue

Well of course. But you slso don’t set yourself up to win games if you don’t get performances right.

But irrespective of results, as a fan I like to enjoy watching games. And I’m enjoying watching games again after nearly 20 years of abject averageness (bar a very few runs of good games).

Now these goals make it even more enjoyable.

Chuffed for thompson to get an assist too.

Waka waka eh eh

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:48 - Apr 19 with 1363 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well I enjoyed that. A cracking game of football even though we had nothing to gain from it. We made Wigan look very ordinary, but then they taught us a lesson about making the most of your chances. With that sort of performance from a dead rubber, we’ll be ok next year.

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:56 - Apr 19 with 1286 viewsBarcaBlue

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:48 - Apr 19 by Swansea_Blue

Well I enjoyed that. A cracking game of football even though we had nothing to gain from it. We made Wigan look very ordinary, but then they taught us a lesson about making the most of your chances. With that sort of performance from a dead rubber, we’ll be ok next year.

Agreed, I thought we shaded it although Mills said it was a fair result. Was a good watch overall. Disappointed with Bonne, Thompson and Norwood's cameo but there was no way Wigan looked 10 places above us. Just need to get the tweaks right this Summer now.
How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:58 - Apr 19 with 1266 viewsbilllm

More a championship game than league one,
How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:34 - Apr 19 with 1108 viewspointofblue

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 21:58 - Apr 19 by billlm

More a championship game than league one,

Agreed. Though their keeper going down 'injured' when we were turning the screw in the first half was straight out of the League One play book.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:38 - Apr 19 with 1067 viewstimothyeo

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 20:23 - Apr 19 by DJR

Agreed. Indeed, I'd rather be in L1 playing this the type of football than in the Championship playing the way Rotherham play.

Its fine for you to have the lowly ambition of playing alright (absolutely nothing special) football at midtable league one level but note the players and manager won't agree with you. They'd much rather be where Rotherham are.
How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:40 - Apr 19 with 1041 viewsjeera

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:38 - Apr 19 by timothyeo

Its fine for you to have the lowly ambition of playing alright (absolutely nothing special) football at midtable league one level but note the players and manager won't agree with you. They'd much rather be where Rotherham are.

Are you sure you're a Town fan?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:43 - Apr 19 with 1025 viewsDarth_Koont

I'd agree with that.

But there aren't any style points and I think the top teams are way more effective at real points. And sometimes a lot uglier with it too.

That's not just in League One but I remember the vast majority of top Championship sides wore teams down and forced mistakes rather than played them off the park.

We could try to be a Fulham or a Bournemouth from way back but that seems to happen for 1 out of 10 promotion teams.

Even tonight, Wigan weren't outplayed in the sense that they had as many good opportunities as we had.

Pronouns: He/Him

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:48 - Apr 19 with 1000 viewsjeera

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:43 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

I'd agree with that.

But there aren't any style points and I think the top teams are way more effective at real points. And sometimes a lot uglier with it too.

That's not just in League One but I remember the vast majority of top Championship sides wore teams down and forced mistakes rather than played them off the park.

We could try to be a Fulham or a Bournemouth from way back but that seems to happen for 1 out of 10 promotion teams.

Even tonight, Wigan weren't outplayed in the sense that they had as many good opportunities as we had.

"I remember the vast majority of top Championship sides wore teams down and forced mistakes rather than played them off the park."

That was us for a while wasn't it. But we shan't go there.

It's hard not to like what a young McKenna is trying to do here though and I am really hoping this is just the beginning of something.

It's concerning that some fans aren't buying into the concept of a long-term prospect though and are already making noises of displeasure and trying to spread uncertainty.

This guy has a possible 30 years in front of him and he is already showing what he has learnt in his relative infancy.

I suppose it's all down to people's expectations and how they manage them.

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:55 - Apr 19 with 959 viewsDarth_Koont

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:48 - Apr 19 by jeera

"I remember the vast majority of top Championship sides wore teams down and forced mistakes rather than played them off the park."

That was us for a while wasn't it. But we shan't go there.

It's hard not to like what a young McKenna is trying to do here though and I am really hoping this is just the beginning of something.

It's concerning that some fans aren't buying into the concept of a long-term prospect though and are already making noises of displeasure and trying to spread uncertainty.

This guy has a possible 30 years in front of him and he is already showing what he has learnt in his relative infancy.

I suppose it's all down to people's expectations and how they manage them.

No, I hope it's the start of something too. And I really really like McKenna.

But this stuff just isn't as easy as people want it to be. I think McKenna would be the first to admit that. That's why he's the right man for the job.

Pronouns: He/Him

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:59 - Apr 19 with 919 viewsjeera

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:55 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

No, I hope it's the start of something too. And I really really like McKenna.

But this stuff just isn't as easy as people want it to be. I think McKenna would be the first to admit that. That's why he's the right man for the job.

Absolutely.

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 23:03 - Apr 19 with 884 viewstimothyeo

How on Earth can some people moan about this? on 22:40 - Apr 19 by jeera

Are you sure you're a Town fan?

Yes, which is why I wouldn't rather us be playing some alright football in league one over being promoted to the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024