Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thompson really is another no for me 21:35 - Apr 19 with 2168 viewsDublinBlue84

Was he afraid of the ball?

He literally backed off Power and allowed him to put the ball in.

New LWB required in the summer.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Thompson really is another no for me on 21:38 - Apr 19 with 1950 viewsOsborneOneNil

Have to agree.......said it after the MK game away, poor.
Thompson really is another no for me on 21:46 - Apr 19 with 1845 viewsNthQldITFC

Edwards would be an exciting Burns-esque option at LWB, with perhaps a more defensively minded option if we're not dominating the game - a better version of Thompson perhaps.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:02 - Apr 19 with 1741 viewsbilllm

Poor excuse for a footballer, nice guy though,
Thompson really is another no for me on 22:10 - Apr 19 with 1689 viewsDavoIPB

Was more productive and better than penny though.
Thompson really is another no for me on 22:17 - Apr 19 with 1633 viewsGarv

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:10 - Apr 19 by DavoIPB

Was more productive and better than penny though.

Penney* played well while he was on. Excellent crosser and underrated for some odd reason.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:26 - Apr 19 with 1617 viewspointofblue

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:17 - Apr 19 by Garv

Penney* played well while he was on. Excellent crosser and underrated for some odd reason.

Agreed though, other than the cross which could have been dealt with better by the centre backs, I thought Thompson did very well when he came on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:41 - Apr 19 with 1533 viewsEly_Blue

How about golden boy Woolfenden allowing Keane to ghost in front of him to score? Bet nobody has a bad word to say there do they?

Nobody will say how well Thompson did to set up Morsy for his goal!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:48 - Apr 19 with 1501 viewspointofblue

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:41 - Apr 19 by Ely_Blue

How about golden boy Woolfenden allowing Keane to ghost in front of him to score? Bet nobody has a bad word to say there do they?

Not a fan of Woolfenden then?

Login to get fewer ads

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 22:51 - Apr 19 with 1480 viewsunstableblue

.. miles better than a woeful Penney, and his header supplied a goal.

Yes he's not the solution to our left side.

But I didn't think he was poor tonight

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:52 - Apr 19 with 1482 viewsJDB23

Both the January loanees have been pretty poor, which I hope isn’t a sign of our recruitment criteria heading into the Summer. Can’t afford to drop the ball in the key areas we need to strengthen.
Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 22:53 - Apr 19 with 1477 viewspointofblue

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 22:51 - Apr 19 by unstableblue

Woeful Penney? Thought he had a good game tonight before he went off injured.

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 23:02 - Apr 19 with 1443 viewsGeomorph

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 22:53 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

Woeful Penney? Thought he had a good game tonight before he went off injured.

Some strange opinions here. Thompson yes hot to the far post yet was responsible for their 2nd.. did ok I suppose. Bakinson started by giving the ball away in the first minute and kind of carried on in that vein for the next 89. we look a decent side with some obvious fragilities
Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 00:09 - Apr 20 with 1335 viewsGarv

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 22:51 - Apr 19 by unstableblue

Does woeful mean something else?

What were you watching?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thompson really is another no for me on 04:44 - Apr 20 with 1235 viewswitchdoctor

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:17 - Apr 19 by Garv

he was rubbish tonite..what game was you watching?
Thompson really is another no for me on 05:46 - Apr 20 with 1198 viewswitchdoctor

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:41 - Apr 19 by Ely_Blue

not just Wolfenden…mate sent me a screenshot and all three C B’s were within a couple of feet when Keen scored…
Thompson really is another no for me on 06:37 - Apr 20 with 1137 viewsthebooks

I thought he was really good, especially getting forward. He’s very quick and suits KM’s 343.

Nice assist for Morsy too. Like to keep him.
Thompson really is another no for me on 07:13 - Apr 20 with 1076 viewsEly_Blue

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:48 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

Not a fan of Woolfenden then?

I didn’t say that but in most fans eyes he can do no wrong, there were multiple errors that lead to that goal, the poor backwards pass by Norwood that put us under pressure and ultimately lead to us losing possession, the fact that Thompson didn’t commit to the tackle and backed off as well as Woolfenden not tracking Keane and letting him ghost in to score

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Thompson really is another no for me on 07:35 - Apr 20 with 1001 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thompson really is another no for me on 07:13 - Apr 20 by Ely_Blue

I didn’t say that but in most fans eyes he can do no wrong, there were multiple errors that lead to that goal, the poor backwards pass by Norwood that put us under pressure and ultimately lead to us losing possession, the fact that Thompson didn’t commit to the tackle and backed off as well as Woolfenden not tracking Keane and letting him ghost in to score

Whilst you have a point. I do think everyone expected Thompson to get that ball before power even had the chance to whip it across.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Thompson really is another no for me on 08:18 - Apr 20 with 933 viewsBigCommon

He got caught out for hesitating a split second, and didn't get away with it. JD on the other hand, got away with one, with that chested back pass that fell well short.... It happens... I'm sure Wigan will be having a witch hunt, over not defending Cellinas free kick properly. for Chaplin's goal... It's L1 football, mistakes get made all over the park... Thomson's a raw kid with potential. He's dropped down to us to try and learn his trade, and improve. He's been pretty solid for us , imo.. Of course he's going to get it wrong now and then. If he was the finished article, he wouldn't be here.... Whatever happens , he can look back .and take positives from his loan spell here. Having helped set a defensive, league, club record, for ITFC. For minutes played without conceding...That's not to be sniffed at. It's a club record.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 8:19]
Thompson really is another no for me on 08:23 - Apr 20 with 910 viewsBiGDonnie

Thompson really is another no for me on 22:52 - Apr 19 by JDB23

Both the January loanees have been pretty poor, which I hope isn’t a sign of our recruitment criteria heading into the Summer. Can’t afford to drop the ball in the key areas we need to strengthen.

Thompson has been far from poor ffs. Both he and Bakinson strengthened us significantly.

I hope it is a sign of our summer recruitment, signing young athletic players from higher up the leagues.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Thompson really is another no for me on 08:39 - Apr 20 with 854 viewsBloomBlue

But without him we don't score our second goal so it ends 1-1
I actually think some fans believe you can buy players who never make a mistake
Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 08:44 - Apr 20 with 831 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 23:02 - Apr 19 by Geomorph

Some strange opinions here. Thompson yes hot to the far post yet was responsible for their 2nd.. did ok I suppose. Bakinson started by giving the ball away in the first minute and kind of carried on in that vein for the next 89. we look a decent side with some obvious fragilities

Did you miss all the times Bakinson broke up play and started new attacks? Strange opinions indeed.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 08:54 - Apr 20 with 808 viewsrickw

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 08:44 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Did you miss all the times Bakinson broke up play and started new attacks? Strange opinions indeed.

I agree I thought Bakinson was good. I just looked at the stats - Bakinson 65 passes 81.5% successful, for what it's worth Penny was 61.9% and and Thompson 71.4% - the 2 lowest along with the strikers - I think we know what positions we need in the summer!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 09:12 - Apr 20 with 769 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Weird!? I thought he made a real difference second half... on 08:54 - Apr 20 by rickw

I agree I thought Bakinson was good. I just looked at the stats - Bakinson 65 passes 81.5% successful, for what it's worth Penny was 61.9% and and Thompson 71.4% - the 2 lowest along with the strikers - I think we know what positions we need in the summer!

Indeed. It's weird how some people only seem to see Bakinson's mistakes and miss everything else. Your stats back that up. Not sure why that is. It's like they decided he was a wrong 'un, or the wrong area for a loan, and now can only see the bad bits. Like the opposite of people and their political allegiances.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Thompson really is another no for me on 09:26 - Apr 20 with 737 viewspointofblue

Thompson really is another no for me on 07:13 - Apr 20 by Ely_Blue

That’s fair, I thought the ‘golden boy’ phrasing was meant critically so apologies for that. And I agree, the goal actually started from Norwood trying a ridiculous ‘clever’ pass rather than taking the ball down and it spiralled from there. A lot of small errors which were punished.

I thought yesterday was one of Thompson’s best performances for us so slightly surprised at the reaction towards him or here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024