Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five things from tonight 23:20 - Apr 19 with 1435 viewsunstableblue

1. Burgess was immense. I was keen to watch Baggot who I really rate, but McKenna made the right call, and Burgess was my MoTM (closely followed by Walton, Wolf, Morsy and Chaplin). He was very up for the game and grabbed it, his passing was crisp. Dear K. Dyer, we get you enthusiasm but no way your best U23 is better than the senior players - Baggot will get his chance.

2. It was a very entertaining and exciting game and worth the ticket price, Ipswich played some great stuff throughout the night.

3. Wigan looked a strong and capable side, and in Keane showed everything we are missing in our centre forwards. Yes we 'outplayed' them, but they mopped up our attacks first half, and then a brilliant set piece. They then had another gear to find the equaliser.

4. First half we just didn't attack with enough numbers or tempo. Yes it was pretty on the eye and high possession, but we weren't hurting them. Second half we upped the tempo, the speed of play and movement, AND we got numbers forward and Wigan started to unravel. We have to use this as a lesson.

5.Our group of centre backs and keeper are a very strong group, and combined with Morsy provide a fantastic foundation... we now need to sort the left side, and get a front three that works. Chaplin should have made more starts this season.

Overall a performance to give real hope, but with some of the same old concerns, and Wigan should be a benchmark in number of areas...

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Five things from tonight on 00:00 - Apr 20 with 1263 viewsGarv

Burgess was colossal. He reminded me of Delaney at his best, while some won't see that as a compliment it very much is.

He's happy to let strikers back into him because he's strong and often manages to poke the ball away - LW also does this well but is perhaps a tad more likely to get pinned. Both were excellent again, though I haven't seen the second goal yet.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Five things from tonight on 00:06 - Apr 20 with 1232 viewsunstableblue

Five things from tonight on 00:00 - Apr 20 by Garv

Burgess was colossal. He reminded me of Delaney at his best, while some won't see that as a compliment it very much is.

He's happy to let strikers back into him because he's strong and often manages to poke the ball away - LW also does this well but is perhaps a tad more likely to get pinned. Both were excellent again, though I haven't seen the second goal yet.

Second was probably Thompson most at fault

Andy and Stu nailing a post match yet again on 00:07 - Apr 20 with 1233 viewsunstableblue

These boys really are good quality journalists

Five things from tonight on 00:12 - Apr 20 with 1206 viewsGarv

Five things from tonight on 00:06 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

Second was probably Thompson most at fault

Yeah just seen it. He's assuming Power is going to take a touch but he lets it run across him and find a yard for the cross. That's the fine margins I guess, the smallest lapse in concentration and it costs. It's good by Keane (again), I don't think you can blame the CBs too much there.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Five things from tonight on 00:49 - Apr 20 with 1135 views3_5_2

This.

All of it.

Spot on.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Andy and Stu nailing a post match yet again on 07:34 - Apr 20 with 727 viewsChrisd

Andy and Stu nailing a post match yet again on 00:07 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

These boys really are good quality journalists

Always find them very fair in their summaries.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024