Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers! 23:22 - Apr 19 with 2110 viewskizaitfc

Tonight really showed what a difference a decent striker can do for you. Keane didn't get a sniff all game yet he scores two very good striker goals.

For me with Bonne and Norwood it felt like we were playing with 10 men. Bonne kept screaming for the ball whilst in offside positions and Norwood spends half his game chasing down defenders and the goalkeeper needlessly. If we are going to play one up top the striker has to be more clever, too many times Bonne needed to hold it up and he tried silly flicks and turns.

I dont think our main striker for next season is at the club, Jackson will be a great asset when we want to stretch teams but for me the other 3 add very little.

Another striker (maybe 2, a youngster on loan or something) and a LWB and I think we have decent squad, another CM would be a bonus though but Bakinson is growing on me.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Strikers! on 23:26 - Apr 19 with 2079 viewsunstableblue

Their corner set piece (with the movement of players) was excellent and Keane took it so well.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Strikers! on 23:27 - Apr 19 with 2072 viewskizaitfc

Strikers! on 23:26 - Apr 19 by unstableblue

Their corner set piece (with the movement of players) was excellent and Keane took it so well.

That is the other big factor this season.

3 key areas for me, striker(s), LWB and set pieces.

Improve those over the summer and we should be in for an enjoyable season.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Strikers! on 08:17 - Apr 20 with 1877 viewsGeoffSentence

Strikers! on 23:26 - Apr 19 by unstableblue

Keane's movement generally was excellent. Such a shame we had him when he was crocked and we had a sht manager.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Strikers! on 09:10 - Apr 20 with 1797 viewsBseaBlue

Earlier in the season when discussing the goal keeping options, many people said that our keepers were decent enough but we needed one that would make the saves 'you wouldnt expect' every now and then. Walton has proven to be that player.

Likewise, we need a striker that can do the same thing. Someone that can make a goal out of nothing or stick a chance away that you would consider to be difficult. It takes so much pressure off of the rest of the team when you know you always have that option and I believe our attacking midfielders will flourish as it will take the attention away from them.

The good thing with Jackson is that he can be just as effective from wide positions and working the flanks. He has plenty of assists in him.
Strikers! on 12:05 - Apr 20 with 1672 viewsRobTheMonk

Strikers! on 09:10 - Apr 20 by BseaBlue

Earlier in the season when discussing the goal keeping options, many people said that our keepers were decent enough but we needed one that would make the saves 'you wouldnt expect' every now and then. Walton has proven to be that player.

Likewise, we need a striker that can do the same thing. Someone that can make a goal out of nothing or stick a chance away that you would consider to be difficult. It takes so much pressure off of the rest of the team when you know you always have that option and I believe our attacking midfielders will flourish as it will take the attention away from them.

The good thing with Jackson is that he can be just as effective from wide positions and working the flanks. He has plenty of assists in him.

The last striker we had that did this was arguably Daryl Murphy during his wonder season. He was scoring goals all sorts of goals.
Strikers! on 12:40 - Apr 20 with 1626 viewsbrazil1981

Sorry but I think it’s too easy to blame our recent scoring form on just having poor strikers! I’m not saying a new front man isn’t needed, but we need to defend as a team and attack as team! Recently whoever is up front is feeding off scraps in most games! We were slightly better last night but I believe if we’re going to challenge next year McK needs to look at varying his tactics, especially against weaker opposition….too many draws/defeats against the likes of Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Cambridge etc have cost us big time this season.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 12:41]
Strikers! on 12:53 - Apr 20 with 1580 viewsjp_itfc

Thought Bonne had his best game for some time. Was a little surprised he was taken off. Keane was great, took the goals well and held the ball up well.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 12:54]
Strikers! on 14:00 - Apr 20 with 1490 viewslongtimefan

Strikers! on 12:40 - Apr 20 by brazil1981

Sorry but I think it’s too easy to blame our recent scoring form on just having poor strikers! I’m not saying a new front man isn’t needed, but we need to defend as a team and attack as team! Recently whoever is up front is feeding off scraps in most games! We were slightly better last night but I believe if we’re going to challenge next year McK needs to look at varying his tactics, especially against weaker opposition….too many draws/defeats against the likes of Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, Cambridge etc have cost us big time this season.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 12:41]

I’d agree to a large degree. Wigan scored two goals that were, in the main, thanks to the quality of the delivery into the area. How many times do we see that quality on our crosses. We have, in many games this season, got into excellent crossing positions, only to put the ball anywhere but where are players are?
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 14:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024