Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on tonight’s game 00:17 - Apr 20 with 2626 viewsIllinoisblue

After a mad dash back from Surrey (the dartford tunnel almost scuppered the evening) made it to the ticket office at 7:40pm. Was in there for about two minutes and in that time three fans came in saying they’d forgotten their season ticket. Isn’t that weird? You forget the ONE crucial part of your evening.

To the North Stand upper, which is a lot fuller than I thought it would be. I was that annoying person coming in right at kick off and trying to squeeze through to get to seat. Of course row Q was full and of course my seat was slap bang in the middle of the row.

Was hoping to see Baggot in action but it’s right and fair that Burgess was picked - and he was excellent. Not going to get too much in individuals - we can all see we don’t create enough and don’t threaten enough. Although today was a vast improvement on Rotherham. One word on Bakinson, though: I don’t think he’s a bad player but Facking hell have we ever had a central midfielder that’s so physically weak? He’s continually brushed aside. Idris must watch and wonder when he’ll get a chance.

Atmosphere; decent enough, especially in the second half. The acoustics of course are sheeite. Signing “Keano what’s the score?” at 2-1 brought exactly the outcome you knew it would. Also, singing “top of the league, you’re having a laugh” was annoying. Yes, Wigan are having a laugh because they’re going up. The 402 Wigan fans didn’t make a lot of noise and it was a surprise to hear them when they did pipe up. Which made me wonder why you don’t hear that old chant of “it’s nice to know you’re here, it’s nice to know you’re here, FACK OFF” in response to hearing away fans.

The PA system is an absolute joke. Cannot hear a word that was said at half time. Surprised it’s not a violation of the safety certificate to have a sound system that’s not fit for purpose.

The scoreboard between away section and Churchmans - utterly worthless. It’s half time and I want to know half time scores from other games. What do you get instead, endless birthday messages.

Fans. 99% of the Ipswich games I’ve been to in my life I’ve been mildly or very drunk. It’s what you do. Attending sober is very different. I prefer drunk. Next time.

The old bloke next to me has brought a granola bar to eat at half time, and also has a book to read. Oddly he puts his ITFC face mask on at the final whistle after not wearing it all game.

I would like us to be promoted next season. We should not be in L1. I fear though it’s that mentality which may hamper us. We need a couple nasty bastards in this squad. And a left back, and a couple strikers. And a creative midfielder….

Until the next time. Allez allez allez

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:21 - Apr 20 with 2574 viewsSitfcB

Nice read but not as good as Warkys

I bet there’s 100’s of fans who forget their season tickets each game.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:30 - Apr 20 with 2534 viewsIllinoisblue

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:21 - Apr 20 by SitfcB

Nice read but not as good as Warkys

I bet there’s 100’s of fans who forget their season tickets each game.

Never hard of warky 😄. Wouldn’t you keep your ST in your wallet? Surely time for digital STs on your phone

62 - 78 - 81

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:31 - Apr 20 with 2522 viewsjeera

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:30 - Apr 20 by Illinoisblue

Never hard of warky 😄. Wouldn’t you keep your ST in your wallet? Surely time for digital STs on your phone

*Shows up at ticket office*

"Excuse me, but I forgot my phone..."

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:33 - Apr 20 with 2519 viewsSitfcB

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:30 - Apr 20 by Illinoisblue

I personally keep it in my wallet all the time, I know of people that just put it in for the games.

Naaa like to have a physical ticket.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:37 - Apr 20 with 2502 viewsIllinoisblue

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:31 - Apr 20 by jeera

“And can you help tie my shoe laces please buh”

62 - 78 - 81

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:38 - Apr 20 with 2492 viewsjeera

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:37 - Apr 20 by Illinoisblue

“And can you help tie my shoe laces please buh”

"We have to take those away from you sir".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 09:30 - Apr 20 with 2108 viewslevelneville

That's a fair assumption of where we are with the current team...who hasn't forgot their ST at some point rushing to make a game!!
Thoughts on tonight’s game on 09:54 - Apr 20 with 2061 viewsbackwaywhen

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:31 - Apr 20 by jeera

Made my day that ….. lol
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 10:08 - Apr 20 with 2037 viewshatch

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 00:33 - Apr 20 by SitfcB

I personally keep it in my wallet all the time, I know of people that just put it in for the games.

Naaa like to have a physical ticket.

Just had a flashback to season tickets before cards.

The ticket book in the Premier League years (00/02) were great. In a massive huddle in the old Britannia turnstiles, felt like there were only 4 of them and the queue was in a tiny courtyard which had fans chanting in the anticipation of Man Utd at home and the like.

Seem to recall it would say above the turnstiles ‘this is game 18’ or something and then they would rip the Game 18 slip out of your season ticket chequebook. Glorious.
Thoughts on tonight’s game on 11:19 - Apr 20 with 1960 viewsurbanblue

Always nice to read a report from someone visiting from overseas. Nice one.

Hopefully not too long til my turn.
Thoughts on tonight’s game on 11:26 - Apr 20 with 1944 viewsunstableblue

Great you got to a game Illinois.

PR atmosphere was good last night. Upper North atmosphere is a bit hit and mix. We’ve started to sit in the Cobbold or middle of Pinoeer not the North Upper.

You get the atmosphere of the lower and people are now really joining in, from the normally quiet side stands.

I wonder whether when the new PA comes on line that they pipe some of the lower north chants up into the top tier to get some synchronisation going?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 13:45 - Apr 20 with 1816 viewsStu_Magoo

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 11:26 - Apr 20 by unstableblue

Great you got to a game Illinois.

PR atmosphere was good last night. Upper North atmosphere is a bit hit and mix. We’ve started to sit in the Cobbold or middle of Pinoeer not the North Upper.

You get the atmosphere of the lower and people are now really joining in, from the normally quiet side stands.

I wonder whether when the new PA comes on line that they pipe some of the lower north chants up into the top tier to get some synchronisation going?!

We can't even synchronise ourselves in SBR lower!
Thoughts on tonight’s game on 17:40 - Apr 20 with 1659 viewsMarinerspumaboots

Thoughts on tonight’s game on 10:08 - Apr 20 by hatch

Just had a flashback to season tickets before cards.

The ticket book in the Premier League years (00/02) were great. In a massive huddle in the old Britannia turnstiles, felt like there were only 4 of them and the queue was in a tiny courtyard which had fans chanting in the anticipation of Man Utd at home and the like.

Seem to recall it would say above the turnstiles ‘this is game 18’ or something and then they would rip the Game 18 slip out of your season ticket chequebook. Glorious.

Remember it well 🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024