Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bakinson 07:42 - Apr 20 with 2215 viewsFrimleyBlue

What is everyone's opinion here.

He's quite a frustrating watch. Reminds me of Andre Dozzell with the number of freekicks he gives away near our box and misplaced passes. But he then can turn the tempo up with a very quick change of direction and directive passing and some of his hard hitting longer range passing does get us up the pitch.

I think I'd keep him and let Caroll go. I don't see Bakinson and Morsy as a weekly partnership though as they are very similar in certain aspects of their play.

What would you do with his transfer option?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bakinson on 08:04 - Apr 20 with 1722 viewsSparky85

I would keep him. He did a lot well last night. Quite a few interceptions and tackles, plus having him in the holding position allows Morsy to push further forward.

Still has a bit to learn and you are right with what you mention about FK's he gives away. But I honestly thought he had a good game.

Morsy, Evans, Bakinson, +1 and El Miz fighting it out for the 2 CM spots. However I wouldn't mind if we didn't strengthen here. More urgent issues to address
Bakinson on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 1619 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bakinson on 08:04 - Apr 20 by Sparky85

I would keep him. He did a lot well last night. Quite a few interceptions and tackles, plus having him in the holding position allows Morsy to push further forward.

Still has a bit to learn and you are right with what you mention about FK's he gives away. But I honestly thought he had a good game.

Morsy, Evans, Bakinson, +1 and El Miz fighting it out for the 2 CM spots. However I wouldn't mind if we didn't strengthen here. More urgent issues to address

I think you hit the nail on the head with "More urgent issues to address." Bakinson makes mistakes but he does a lot of good too and is young. If that was the only area of concern I think we could do better, but equally I think he could be a very good player with time and coaching. He's athletic, breaks up play, changes direction to get things going again and is quite positive, which will inevitably lead to mistakes and misplaced passes. But I'd rather see that than Sideways Skuse.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bakinson on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 1618 viewsrickw

I thought he did well last night, composed and confident on the ball - helped us dominate possession and won the ball back several times. He needs more confidence when going forwards - a few times he found himself in shooting positions and hesitated then passed it sideways.

So yes I'd keep him and like you say let Carroll go

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Bakinson on 08:58 - Apr 20 with 1592 viewsBigCommon

I like the kid... I'd keep him.... I'd like to see a bit more aggression, which I think he lacks slightly, for a CM... He's an up grade on Carol or Miz for me... I think he's improved as he's gone along. He's had to bed into a new dressing room and system.. And it's rare for any player to come in January and fly from the off, especially when we've had to juggle the MF with injuries and suspensions. Which probably hampered him a bit in settling into the playing style... Assuming Morsy and Evans will be the first choice 2 in midfield. Then Bakinson would be a good rotation player. With the opportunity to stamp on that position if he carried on improving... Think we'll need another, decent MF on top of that. Baring in mind, Morsy will miss a few games through suspension. And Evans' injury might be reoccuring.. ... Bit left field this. But, assuming all our CB's were fit, and we became light n MF. I could see Wolfendon as a back up holding midfielder, if needed.. He's got all the attributes, imo... KMc has made it pretty clear that he doesn't like a huge squad of players. It wouldn't surprise me to see some versatility adapted into 1 or 2 platers. Just to provide depth without big numbers in the building..... Just a thought..
Bakinson on 09:00 - Apr 20 with 1589 viewsGuthrum

I would keep Bakinson. He's not done badly and can still improve, given he's only 23.

Not sure there's any particular need to get rid of Caroll, unless we need the space on the team list for players in other positions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bakinson on 09:04 - Apr 20 with 1557 viewsBseaBlue

Bakinson on 08:49 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think you hit the nail on the head with "More urgent issues to address." Bakinson makes mistakes but he does a lot of good too and is young. If that was the only area of concern I think we could do better, but equally I think he could be a very good player with time and coaching. He's athletic, breaks up play, changes direction to get things going again and is quite positive, which will inevitably lead to mistakes and misplaced passes. But I'd rather see that than Sideways Skuse.

He is steady enough but ball retention is definitely something that needs to be worked on to fit KM's style.

When speaking about potential striking options, quite a few people have suggested that the targets will be very strong. On that basis, are Bakinson and Thompson in the bracket of the quality we are looking at or do we think we will be aiming a lot higher?
Bakinson on 09:05 - Apr 20 with 1551 viewsSTYG

Every time I think he isn't what we need, he has a great game. Every time I think he's one to keep, he is poor.

Definitely going to be a good player, but for me he'd be a back up with Evans to Morsy and a new, top midfielder. He's not ready yet to be consistent enough for what needs to be a team challenging for automatic promotion.

He was largely great again last night, but again with a few sloppy moments.
Bakinson on 09:07 - Apr 20 with 1542 viewsSTYG

Bakinson on 09:04 - Apr 20 by BseaBlue

He is steady enough but ball retention is definitely something that needs to be worked on to fit KM's style.

When speaking about potential striking options, quite a few people have suggested that the targets will be very strong. On that basis, are Bakinson and Thompson in the bracket of the quality we are looking at or do we think we will be aiming a lot higher?

This is the thing for me.

Under Evans we'd have been over the moon with Bakinson and Thompson.

But when you see we got Walton, Morsy, Chaplin - all proven Championship players, it does make you realise we should and can be aiming a lot higher.
Login to get fewer ads

Bakinson on 09:14 - Apr 20 with 1513 viewsIllinoisblue

Physically weak. He gets knocked off the ball far too easily. Like to see El Mizouni have a chance in there.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bakinson on 09:14 - Apr 20 with 1509 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Bakinson on 09:07 - Apr 20 by STYG

This is the thing for me.

Under Evans we'd have been over the moon with Bakinson and Thompson.

But when you see we got Walton, Morsy, Chaplin - all proven Championship players, it does make you realise we should and can be aiming a lot higher.

That rather depends on the financial situation. There are limits on what Gamchanger want to spend and what they're allowed to spend.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Bakinson on 09:15 - Apr 20 with 1510 viewsBlueBlood90

I'd only sign him permanently to use him as a back up. Doesn't look consistent enough to me and if we have the budget we're told we do then surely there are better options out there than him.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Bakinson on 09:19 - Apr 20 with 1495 viewshomer_123

Bakinson on 09:15 - Apr 20 by BlueBlood90

I'd only sign him permanently to use him as a back up. Doesn't look consistent enough to me and if we have the budget we're told we do then surely there are better options out there than him.

We are still L1 remember, regardless of budget.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bakinson on 09:20 - Apr 20 with 1483 viewsFtnfwest

Definitely worth keeping ahead of Carroll and i think does quite a bit of the mopping up work that Morsy doesn't always do as he's often more involved in an attacking role. Good back up but i think we need an additional quality signing in this area, plus Evans back from injury of course.
Bakinson on 09:28 - Apr 20 with 1437 viewsBseaBlue

Bakinson on 09:14 - Apr 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

That rather depends on the financial situation. There are limits on what Gamchanger want to spend and what they're allowed to spend.

Also worth considering that he is only 23. Could be one that we sign and ends up out on loan somwhere if we sign other targets. I agree with you regarding his physical attributes and if used properly, he could have a bright future.
Bakinson on 09:29 - Apr 20 with 1432 viewsjayessess

Bakinson on 08:58 - Apr 20 by BigCommon

I like the kid... I'd keep him.... I'd like to see a bit more aggression, which I think he lacks slightly, for a CM... He's an up grade on Carol or Miz for me... I think he's improved as he's gone along. He's had to bed into a new dressing room and system.. And it's rare for any player to come in January and fly from the off, especially when we've had to juggle the MF with injuries and suspensions. Which probably hampered him a bit in settling into the playing style... Assuming Morsy and Evans will be the first choice 2 in midfield. Then Bakinson would be a good rotation player. With the opportunity to stamp on that position if he carried on improving... Think we'll need another, decent MF on top of that. Baring in mind, Morsy will miss a few games through suspension. And Evans' injury might be reoccuring.. ... Bit left field this. But, assuming all our CB's were fit, and we became light n MF. I could see Wolfendon as a back up holding midfielder, if needed.. He's got all the attributes, imo... KMc has made it pretty clear that he doesn't like a huge squad of players. It wouldn't surprise me to see some versatility adapted into 1 or 2 platers. Just to provide depth without big numbers in the building..... Just a thought..

Not sure about more aggression. Last couple of games he's picked up a bad habit of searching a bit too hard for the ball and giving away dangerous free kicks. If anything he'd benefit from a little more composure on that front.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bakinson on 09:30 - Apr 20 with 1428 viewsChiefXL

100% keep him, getting better with every game and was one of the stand out performers last night
Bakinson on 10:14 - Apr 20 with 1343 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I am in two minds about Bakinson. I don't know how much he would cost, and whether he really is, or could be, that much better than what we already have in El MIzouni, Harper, or even Humphries. Bakinson has many good attributes, and presumably would be 3rd choice, but there are also flaws, like the unnecessary free kicks and unforced errors. I wouldn't be too worried if we let him go.

Carroll certainly needs to go though, and Thompson. That ball across to Donacien and then backing off and allowing Power to cross for the 2nd goal shows how far away from a decent player he really is.
Bakinson on 10:41 - Apr 20 with 1284 viewsurbanblue

Bakinson on 08:04 - Apr 20 by Sparky85

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Harper on this thread.

I still have hopes for him ...
Bakinson on 10:44 - Apr 20 with 1267 viewsjayessess

Bakinson on 10:41 - Apr 20 by urbanblue

Everyone seems to have forgotten about Harper on this thread.

I still have hopes for him ...

If someone has been a long way off it this season then I don't think you can head into the next one assuming they'll play a big role in the next.

If he shows up in pre-season looking an absolute baller and pushes himself to the front of the queue then great, but I don't think you can plan your squad around that happening.

Bakinson on 10:45 - Apr 20 with 1269 viewsKieran_Knows

He's okay, and I imagine he'll get kept on. But I just wonder, if we are going down the route of signing another CM, surely we can do better than him?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bakinson on 10:46 - Apr 20 with 1261 viewsDubtractor

I'd keep him if wage demands no too high. He is decent, improving, and already in the building so no settling in needed.

Morsy, Evans, El Miz and Bakinson (with younger lads as back up) should be enough for next season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bakinson on 10:47 - Apr 20 with 1259 viewsurbanblue

Bakinson on 10:45 - Apr 20 by Kieran_Knows

He's okay, and I imagine he'll get kept on. But I just wonder, if we are going down the route of signing another CM, surely we can do better than him?

Yes, that's what I was thinking. There must be better options.
Bakinson on 10:57 - Apr 20 with 1223 viewsjayessess

Bakinson on 10:47 - Apr 20 by urbanblue

Yes, that's what I was thinking. There must be better options.

Not sure it's so straightforward that there will be. Are we really going to be recruiting at a higher level than Bakinson for our 3rd-choice midfielder?

Bakinson on 11:16 - Apr 20 with 1174 viewsLeoMuff

Bakinson on 09:30 - Apr 20 by ChiefXL

100% keep him, getting better with every game and was one of the stand out performers last night

Agree, definitely a player there and showed easily good back up to have and may improve to first choice after Evans and Morsy.

Could be a prem or champ regular in a couple of years if keeps improving

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bakinson on 15:24 - Apr 20 with 977 viewsVeggie

Depends whether we want to get promoted or not. I don’t see that he offers enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024