Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... 09:25 - Apr 20 with 2518 viewsitfcjoe

....what do people want to see from them?

I'd quite like to see some minutes for Chirewa, Baggott, Simpson and Humphreys - or at keast some involvement around the squad. And a start for El Mizouni.

With the Crewe game being against a side that can't go up or down in the league would almost be tempted to do a full rotation for the game - 7 or 8 changes to reward those who have been in and around the squad for the last few weeks without getting games

Not massively fussed either way, but would be good to see the youngsters get a reward for a fantastic U23s season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:29 - Apr 20 with 1767 viewsBlueBadger

Strong performances mostly featuring players who are likely to be here next season, with a decent bit of time for players hoping to break into the first team.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:34 - Apr 20 with 1734 viewsKieran_Knows

Walton
Donacien Woolfenden Baggott
Burns Morsy El Mizouni Humphreys
Celina Chaplin
Simpson

Will never happen, but would be nice.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:35 - Apr 20 with 1723 viewshomer_123

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:34 - Apr 20 by Kieran_Knows

Walton
Celina Chaplin
Simpson

That left hand side gives me kittens.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:36 - Apr 20 with 1717 viewswkj

I agree with the names you've mentioned except maybe Simpson, if he's going to sign terms then go for it, if not then there isn't much point.

The thing I don't want to see is Carroll's name on the team sheet. There's no point... I hope.

Interesting to see if Albie has any pathway to the first team. CB is always a tough spot to be as a youth player and it seems we have two decent ones coming through at once.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:37 - Apr 20 with 1706 viewsBLUEBEAT

Would like to see El Miz play - he isn’t a bad player at all.

Re Baggott, no… Burgess has waited patiently this season for his chance and deserves to see out the last 2 games.

Simpson has no intention of staying if he has his way, so why give him any first team minutes?

Poll: W or W

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:38 - Apr 20 with 1702 viewsWallingford_Boy

KVY at left wing back!!

RIP Sir Bobby

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:47 - Apr 20 with 1666 viewsunstableblue

I’d love to see lots of youth in the last two games, BUT, I also want us to finish above Bolton and Pompey and to score some goals in performances that build momentum for next season.

So would encourage McKenna to play the best side for a good result and performance.

I would hope that might include El Miz/Humphrys and Simpson, possibly Chirewa.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:51 - Apr 20 with 1641 viewspointofblue

I guess it’s about trying out players who McKenna hasn’t quite made up his mind on for next season. Perhaps Hladky will get a goodbye game against Charlton?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:53 - Apr 20 with 1620 viewstractorboy1978

If Simpson can't get a shot in one of these two dead rubbers with the way our strikers are all playing, he never will!

There's no reason why two of Baggott, Simpson, Humphreys and Chirewa can't get a start in each of the next two games.
2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:59 - Apr 20 with 1592 viewsRadlett_blue

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:51 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

I guess it’s about trying out players who McKenna hasn’t quite made up his mind on for next season. Perhaps Hladky will get a goodbye game against Charlton?

I don't see the point of a "goodbye" game except when a player has had a distinguished career at PR. Hladky has played 12 times for us.
The "momentum" thing doesn't apply as it's more than 3 months until the next season & we'll no doubt have a few new players by then.
I would like to see McKenna give game time to the younger players, especially the ones he isn't sure about. But just start a couple of them - making 6 or 7 changes makes it more like a reserve team game.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:02 - Apr 20 with 1585 viewspointofblue

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:53 - Apr 20 by tractorboy1978

If Simpson can't get a shot in one of these two dead rubbers with the way our strikers are all playing, he never will!

There's no reason why two of Baggott, Simpson, Humphreys and Chirewa can't get a start in each of the next two games.

The only reason Simpson doesn’t start is if there’s bad blood towards him over the contract issue. Surely he’s got to be given a run out otherwise?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:02 - Apr 20 with 1585 viewsitfcjoe

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:36 - Apr 20 by wkj

I agree with the names you've mentioned except maybe Simpson, if he's going to sign terms then go for it, if not then there isn't much point.

The thing I don't want to see is Carroll's name on the team sheet. There's no point... I hope.

Interesting to see if Albie has any pathway to the first team. CB is always a tough spot to be as a youth player and it seems we have two decent ones coming through at once.

We have an option on Simpson, plus would be due compensation if he doesn't sign, so realistically are in a strong position to keep him so I'd be pushing to get him involved.

Only a small thing and may read too much into it, but Ipswich is now back on social media profiles after being taken out so assume things are better - but we have to give a bit to tie down a talented boy

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:03 - Apr 20 with 1581 viewsitfcjoe

Walton
Celina Chaplin
Simpson

I was thinking last night about Humphreys as LWB, Penney doesn't do it for me and I wouldn't be looking to sign Thompson.

He played a lot there for the U18s last season, all through the Youth Cup run he was there and such a good footballer it works. Think you'd need a Burgess alongside him initially though

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:06 - Apr 20 with 1553 viewsRadlett_blue

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:03 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

I was thinking last night about Humphreys as LWB, Penney doesn't do it for me and I wouldn't be looking to sign Thompson.

He played a lot there for the U18s last season, all through the Youth Cup run he was there and such a good footballer it works. Think you'd need a Burgess alongside him initially though

I still doubt Humphreys will be good enough to start at wing back next season, although no harm in trying to find out. Yes, if he plays, he should have Burgess next to him, not another tyro.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:10 - Apr 20 with 1522 viewsHullblue

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:06 - Apr 20 by Radlett_blue

I still doubt Humphreys will be good enough to start at wing back next season, although no harm in trying to find out. Yes, if he plays, he should have Burgess next to him, not another tyro.

I'm really surprised to see Humphreys mentioned as a potential LWB in this thread - I've only seen him play once but I thought he was a spritely number 10 type. You need serious running power to play WB.

Would be interested to see it now.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:14 - Apr 20 with 1501 viewsDarth_Koont

I personally wouldn’t be against giving a handful of fringe and younger players a chance.

But bigger picture we probably need the points. Worst case we could be looking at a long summer break off the back of an 11th place finish and 19 points off the play-offs (!!!) ... that will just ramp up tension unnecessarily.

Maybe we’ll see a token player here or there as a nod to the fringe and/or young players. But I don’t expect any radical team changes.

Pronouns: He/Him

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:16 - Apr 20 with 1493 viewsLeoMuff

Walton
Celina Chaplin
Simpson

Is Humphreys a left sided player ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:17 - Apr 20 with 1488 viewsKieran_Knows

Yep, spent a lot of time with the first team under Cook training at LB as well, so not completely out of the question he may end up in that position at some point.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:19 - Apr 20 with 1474 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. He looked comfortable anywhere down the left flank and in both boxes. Clearly at senior level the stakes and demands are a lot higher but at the very least you’d expect him to be a very useful utility player next year from the bench.

And to answer the running question, Humphreys looks to have a great engine.

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:20 - Apr 20 with 1471 viewsEddyJ

There's not much point making wholesale changes - we'll just see a disjointed performance which won't show the young players in a very positive light.

I'd prefer to see our first team with some youth drip-fed in. We've already seen Baggott get some game time. I'd like to see Humphreys and Simpson get some as well - perhaps 20 mins each from the bench.

I wouldn't play anyone who will definitely not be here next year, unless we have no other senior options. e.g. Thompson would only play if Penney/KVY are unavailable.

McKenna presumably has a good idea on whether Bonne, Norwood, Piggott, Bakinson, Celina, Aluko etc... will be here and should pick the team accordingly.
2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:30 - Apr 20 with 1416 viewstractorboy1978

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:14 - Apr 20 by Darth_Koont

I personally wouldn’t be against giving a handful of fringe and younger players a chance.

But bigger picture we probably need the points. Worst case we could be looking at a long summer break off the back of an 11th place finish and 19 points off the play-offs (!!!) ... that will just ramp up tension unnecessarily.

Maybe we’ll see a token player here or there as a nod to the fringe and/or young players. But I don’t expect any radical team changes.

You'd like to think we can beat Crewe with a couple of the young lads in there. Whether we finish 19 or 9 points off the play offs isn't really relevant now. It'll be nice to finish the season with two dominant wins but we've been fans long enough now to know it doesn't mean anything going into next season.
2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:36 - Apr 20 with 1407 viewsurbanblue

I'd like to see Piggot given both games and just told to relax and enjoy himself. A decision needs to be made on him. If we don't see him it's probably already been made.

I don't want to see any of the loanees playing. We know enough about them now.

Minutes for Chirewa certainly. The others maybe. Will be very interesting who does get selected as will be an early indication on who's staying or going amongst the fringe players.
2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:39 - Apr 20 with 1388 viewsBlueBadger

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 09:51 - Apr 20 by pointofblue

It'd be quite nice if we could keep a clean sheet though....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:47 - Apr 20 with 1338 viewsDarth_Koont

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:30 - Apr 20 by tractorboy1978

You'd like to think we can beat Crewe with a couple of the young lads in there. Whether we finish 19 or 9 points off the play offs isn't really relevant now. It'll be nice to finish the season with two dominant wins but we've been fans long enough now to know it doesn't mean anything going into next season.

You say that but these things have a habit of becoming sticks to beat the manager, players, Ashton etc with.

We *should* certainly be tougher and wiser than that but even with the reality of the past 20 years too many have spent that time struggling with perspective.

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:54 - Apr 20 with 1295 viewsBlueBadger

2 Total Dead Rubbers to go this season..... on 10:36 - Apr 20 by urbanblue

I'd like to see Piggot given both games and just told to relax and enjoy himself. A decision needs to be made on him. If we don't see him it's probably already been made.

I don't want to see any of the loanees playing. We know enough about them now.

Minutes for Chirewa certainly. The others maybe. Will be very interesting who does get selected as will be an early indication on who's staying or going amongst the fringe players.

Surely Piggot has had plenty of time now?

It's not working for him here and he probably needs a move to get himself back on track.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 10:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024