Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? 15:28 - Apr 20 with 1022 viewsChrisd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0016f05/gazza

I thought it was a really good watch.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 15:57 - Apr 20 with 970 viewsellaandred

Awful, more about the low life media.
Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 16:50 - Apr 20 with 914 viewsChrisd

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 15:57 - Apr 20 by ellaandred

Awful, more about the low life media.

I know Gazza didn’t help himself at times, but the media back then were the lowest of the low. Didn’t matter how it impacted on individuals as long as they got their story.

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 17:28 - Apr 20 with 872 viewscbower

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 16:50 - Apr 20 by Chrisd

I know Gazza didn’t help himself at times, but the media back then were the lowest of the low. Didn’t matter how it impacted on individuals as long as they got their story.

Totally agree regarding the media behaviour but as Paul Weller said, "the public gets what the public wants." The national obsession with salacious titbits about celebs persists and to an extent the nation is in part culpable for the press behaviour. The nation mourned the passing of Diana but successfully avoided any examination of its own addictions. The press has maybe toned it down a bit but the nation has merely swiched drugs from the written press to the more anonymous but equally and more instantly gratifying opiate of social media.

bluescouser

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 20:22 - Apr 20 with 766 viewsLord_Lucan

Thanks for that, I am 20 mins in and there's some stuff I hadn't seen before.

The best English footballer in my lifetime - although regrettably I'm not sure I've ever seen him live.

Fantastic bloke who has got into many scrapes but his heart is definitely in the right place.

Why KFC never offered him £10m to do an ad I'll never know.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 21:11 - Apr 20 with 711 viewsLord_Lucan

Just watched the first episode but don't think I can handle the 2nd until tomorrow, it's emotionally draining to watch.

I knew about his mate getting run over and all that and I knew about the press and all the stuff with his wife etc. I knew all that but watching that program really hits at how it is to be having a nervous breakdown from 12 years old!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 21:23 - Apr 20 with 686 viewsMillsyVOR

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 17:28 - Apr 20 by cbower

Totally agree regarding the media behaviour but as Paul Weller said, "the public gets what the public wants." The national obsession with salacious titbits about celebs persists and to an extent the nation is in part culpable for the press behaviour. The nation mourned the passing of Diana but successfully avoided any examination of its own addictions. The press has maybe toned it down a bit but the nation has merely swiched drugs from the written press to the more anonymous but equally and more instantly gratifying opiate of social media.

This!!
Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 21:46 - Apr 20 with 644 viewsChrisd

Has anyone watched the Gazza documentary on BBC IPlayer? on 21:11 - Apr 20 by Lord_Lucan

Just watched the first episode but don't think I can handle the 2nd until tomorrow, it's emotionally draining to watch.

I knew about his mate getting run over and all that and I knew about the press and all the stuff with his wife etc. I knew all that but watching that program really hits at how it is to be having a nervous breakdown from 12 years old!

I found part 2 even more damning of the press. They simply didn’t care as long as they got the stories they wanted, cut throat in their approach to sell papers. Disgusting really, but if there wasn’t the market or interest in these types of stories from the public then they wouldn’t go to the lengths they did. A sad indictment of modern society.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 21:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024