Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... 15:39 - Apr 20 with 4291 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:42 - Apr 20 with 3459 viewsJ2BLUE

What, not standing for their sh1thousery? I'm glad he didn't. Why should he keep getting pushed away?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:42 - Apr 20 with 3433 viewspointofblue

What am I supposed to be seeing? Bet that Wigan fan isn’t promoting how pathetic Bennett was…

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:43 - Apr 20 with 3421 viewsKieran_Knows

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:42 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

What, not standing for their sh1thousery? I'm glad he didn't. Why should he keep getting pushed away?

The clip around his head at the end? Don't get me wrong, the other stuff doesn't bother me but considering he's already had retrospective action this season (rightly or wrongly), you'd think he'd learn his lesson.

EDIT - and god knows what he's doing around 4 seconds in, looks like he's going for a Suarez style bite!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2022 15:44]

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:47 - Apr 20 with 3360 viewsJ2BLUE

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:43 - Apr 20 by Kieran_Knows

The clip around his head at the end? Don't get me wrong, the other stuff doesn't bother me but considering he's already had retrospective action this season (rightly or wrongly), you'd think he'd learn his lesson.

EDIT - and god knows what he's doing around 4 seconds in, looks like he's going for a Suarez style bite!

The defender starts it and gives as much back. Typical double standard for them to highlight Morsy and completely ignore their player.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:52 - Apr 20 with 3290 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:43 - Apr 20 by Kieran_Knows

That video is the corner after the 'headbut' incident, he was giving out as good as he got. Plus loads say we need a bit more nastiness, Morsy is exactly that.
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:01 - Apr 20 with 3210 viewsSTYG

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:42 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

Interesting when fans moan about this without actually looking at the bits they don't like.

Forgetting that seconds before this guy had tried to get Morsy sent off when he dived theatrically after their heads touched this video shows:

1s - He tries to grab Morsy. Morsy pushes his hand away.
3s - He tries to grab Morsy. Morsy pushes his hand away.
4s - He raises an arm to Morsy. Morsy could easily have gone down holding his face. No different at all to what Morsy got a 4 game ban for against Accrington.
8s - He grabs Morsy's shirt
9s - He grabs it again
10s - He is now practically pulling his shirt off such is the extent he's grabbing him
13s - Morsy raises an arm this time (which is stupid in the circumstances because the guy could have gone down and got him a red) but at the same time their guy goes to grab Morsy's throat and ends up with a handful of his shirt once again.

But sure. This is all Morsy's fault. The guy trying to get away from the defender.

Unfortunately this all comes down to weak refereeing. If they started giving penalties and free kicks for this for a few weeks it would cut 95% of it out. But they don't. So they all do it.

Where Morsy needs to learn though is to go down. If he is being man-handled and it's not being picked up or given then sadly you have to go down and potentially win the foul that way. I'd rather it was not necessary but I'd rather he went down and won a free kick when being fouled than stayed on his feet and it wasn't given.

He also needs to keep his head and hands away from above shoulder height. If he's trying to free himself by all means but don't allow them to be anywhere near the place where the opponents are clearly going to fake something worse.
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:03 - Apr 20 with 3181 viewsistanblue

This post doesn't cover you in glory...
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:06 - Apr 20 with 3163 viewsTractorCam

All I see is a man trying to stop his shirt being grabbed at every opportunity.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:08 - Apr 20 with 3150 viewsKieran_Knows

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:06 - Apr 20 by TractorCam

All I see is a man trying to stop his shirt being grabbed at every opportunity.

But not what looks like a bite on 4 seconds and him hitting him over the head at the end? The bloke has already had retrospective action taken against him this season (rightly or wrongly), why give the authorities the opportunity to do it again? Whilst Bennett has a hold of him, I'm not quite sure why he has to do the above to get away from him? Just seems silly to me.

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:10 - Apr 20 with 3114 viewsBlueBadger

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:08 - Apr 20 by Kieran_Knows

But not what looks like a bite on 4 seconds and him hitting him over the head at the end? The bloke has already had retrospective action taken against him this season (rightly or wrongly), why give the authorities the opportunity to do it again? Whilst Bennett has a hold of him, I'm not quite sure why he has to do the above to get away from him? Just seems silly to me.

I think you should probably see it from a different angle...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:11 - Apr 20 with 3104 viewsmarchy

I believe what we see at 0:04 is the admittedly fairly obscure practice of speaking into (or close to) someone's ear.
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:13 - Apr 20 with 3080 viewsKieran_Knows

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:10 - Apr 20 by BlueBadger

I think you should probably see it from a different angle...

I still don't understand why he's putting his head in like that though? Regardless of how much someone has a grapple of hold of you, just seems silly IMO.

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:20 - Apr 20 with 3040 viewsitfcjoe

Very silly at the end there, there is nothing in the rest from either side that could/would be punished if seen but you can't just cuff someone like that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:27 - Apr 20 with 2957 viewsstrikalite

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:20 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

Very silly at the end there, there is nothing in the rest from either side that could/would be punished if seen but you can't just cuff someone like that

Agree, if the ref just sees that last hand raise then he's off imo, you raise your hands now with even the slightest contact and you're a gonna..
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:31 - Apr 20 with 2918 viewspointofblue

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:27 - Apr 20 by strikalite

Agree, if the ref just sees that last hand raise then he's off imo, you raise your hands now with even the slightest contact and you're a gonna..

Bennett couldn’t have thought ther was too much in it, otherwise he would have gone through his Oscar act again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:55 - Apr 20 with 2797 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:27 - Apr 20 by strikalite

It would require the opponent to throw themselves to the ground and roll around too, wouldn't it? It doesn't look great from that angle but it smacks of someone on Twitter trying to get retrospective action against one of our players. Morsy has clearly got fed up pointing out directly to the ref what is already going on and the ref isn't at all interested. It is going to take something far more than that to get Morsy into trouble really, isn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:58 - Apr 20 with 2766 viewsArnieM

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 15:47 - Apr 20 by J2BLUE

The defender starts it and gives as much back. Typical double standard for them to highlight Morsy and completely ignore their player.

I think the problem is , Morsy is now almost a target for opponents as they attempt to wind him up, knowing that he will react . The refs won’t give him the benefit of the doubt any more , will they!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 17:05 - Apr 20 with 2706 viewsJDB23

Love that although we should be thankful the Wigan chairman hasn’t cried on Twitter else it would be a 10 game ban no doubt. He should probably be a bit more subtle, no raised hands etc.
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 09:59 - Apr 21 with 2139 viewsFifeITFC

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:20 - Apr 20 by itfcjoe

It's obvious that teams are targetting Morsy's temperment, knowing they can wind him up and he then puts himself in a situation where he could risk a red card by doing something like feigning a headbutt. Another ref could have interpreted that as a red card.

As much as I like Morsy, he does need to try and control his head as you feel he's always capable of a red when he loses his head for a moment.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... (n/t) on 12:14 - Apr 21 with 1921 viewsDJR

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 16:03 - Apr 20 by istanblue

This post doesn't cover you in glory...

[Post edited 21 Apr 2022 12:15]
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 12:47 - Apr 21 with 1815 viewsBluearmy71

I don't know exactly how you are gonna do it and from a safety point of view take care whilst doing it but you must take all the willpower and inner strength to do it and take so much heart from the extremely high number of town fans whom have read this post will be praying that you do it, so if you could just find a way to get over yourself before the Charlton match it would be greatly appreciated!!
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 12:56 - Apr 21 with 1785 viewsVeggie

A bite on 4 seconds? He literally kisses him. Seriously are you an Ipswich fan? It sounds like you are desperate for Morsy to get a ban.
Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 13:35 - Apr 21 with 1677 viewsVic

He really should know better - something like that got him a 3 match ban last time.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 13:40 - Apr 21 with 1653 viewsKieran_Knows

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 12:56 - Apr 21 by Veggie

A bite on 4 seconds? He literally kisses him. Seriously are you an Ipswich fan? It sounds like you are desperate for Morsy to get a ban.

Your asking me if I'm an Ipswich fan when you're suggesting we sign Mason Greenwood?

Have a day off you melt.

Morsy doesn't cover himself in glory here.... on 13:43 - Apr 21 with 1641 viewsVic

I'm really surprised to see so many defending one of our players cuffing someone round the head. Yes he was provoked but you just can't be doing that.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024