Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Omicron. 09:02 - Apr 22 with 4422 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

It’s really rather a nasty variant.
Mrs SSB can hardly put one foot in front of the other by late afternoon ten days after testing positive although she has gone back to work this week. She’s probably the most stoic person I’ve ever known, so she must be feeling grim.
Several of my customers have also been very poorly with it the last month or two and this morning, I’ve just turned up to find my client still struggling after two weeks and looking completely washed out.
All have been fully vaccinated.
It’s a great deal more than “just having a cold “ for a lot of folks, isn’t it.*

*No one has been hospitalised I know of though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Omicron. on 09:14 - Apr 22 with 2654 viewsKeno

I hope Mrs SSB gets well soon, it sounds awful!!

and stay well too mate

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Omicron. on 09:17 - Apr 22 with 2640 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Really sorry to hear that....I also worked for somebody only yesterday with 'brain fog' 3 weeks after. I wonder if the Chinese know something as they are defo still not taking any chances in Shanghai.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Omicron. on 09:20 - Apr 22 with 2630 viewshype313

Omicron. on 09:17 - Apr 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Really sorry to hear that....I also worked for somebody only yesterday with 'brain fog' 3 weeks after. I wonder if the Chinese know something as they are defo still not taking any chances in Shanghai.

I think it's more losing face given the CCP's rhetoric around zero covid.

Well, I hope it is...

FWIW, I had Omicron around 6 weeks ago, was under the weather for 48hrs and then felt fine, other half was wiped out for 5 days, odd that it affects everyone differently.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Omicron. on 09:29 - Apr 22 with 2584 viewsHatStand

I had a PCR test but it didn't say what variant I had. They are all still "Out there"

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

Omicron. on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 2574 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Been wearing my surgical grade (cheers Lucan) mask since I got it, and I'm stunned when me and Lady Dollers go out and about in Londinium how few others are wearing any kind of protection apart from us. Almost to the point of feeling weird/odd ones out.

Good luck to them. I'd rather feel odd than go through that pain again.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Omicron. on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 2571 viewsEly_Blue

I currently have covid (assume it’s Omicron) and save for losing my sense of taste and smell it’s no worse than a cold for me, first had some kind of symptoms last Friday but tested negative so just assumed it was a cold (little bit of hot/cold and feeling under the weather over the weekend) until Sunday night/Monday morning when the taste and smell went.

Definitely feeling like I’m on the road to recovery now but I guess time will tell

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Omicron. on 09:36 - Apr 22 with 2564 viewslowhouseblue

sorry to hear that. i had it the week before easter and for me the symptoms at the time were like a very mild cold - but my energy levels definitely still aren't back to normal.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Omicron. on 09:41 - Apr 22 with 2518 viewsgiant_stow

Omicron. on 09:20 - Apr 22 by hype313

Well, I hope it is...

FWIW, I had Omicron around 6 weeks ago, was under the weather for 48hrs and then felt fine, other half was wiped out for 5 days, odd that it affects everyone differently.

Yeah that, plus their vaccines aren't as good. Think China's in a real hole over what to do, from what I read. They can't lock down for ever, but omicron is too infectious to suppress completely.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Omicron. on 09:49 - Apr 22 with 2473 viewsSteve_M

Omicron. on 09:20 - Apr 22 by hype313

Well, I hope it is...

Yes, it's largely the former. The Hing Kong death rates might well be a portent of what follows in China with a less effective vaccine and sketchy coverage of older people.

My covid experience a month ago was similar to yours, mainly overt it in 48 hours and then really tired for the next week or two but I had friends and colleagues who had it at the same time and were far worse.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Omicron. on 09:55 - Apr 22 with 2449 viewsgiant_stow

Omicron. on 09:49 - Apr 22 by Steve_M

Yes, it's largely the former. The Hing Kong death rates might well be a portent of what follows in China with a less effective vaccine and sketchy coverage of older people.

My covid experience a month ago was similar to yours, mainly overt it in 48 hours and then really tired for the next week or two but I had friends and colleagues who had it at the same time and were far worse.

Assuming the stories of kids being taken from their parents when infected or lack of food are true, this could get ugly politically and socially for the communists. We've all seen the video of people screaming from their balconies I spose? Quire freaky and speaks of untold unhappiness.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Omicron. on 10:05 - Apr 22 with 2409 viewsRobTheMonk

Madge and I both had it and Madge had to give birth a day after testing positive (due to other complications). Mine felt like a really bad cold for around 4 days and then quite fatigued for a few days after that.

Madge, we're not sure what was Covid and what was caesarian/emotional exhaustion related. Combo of the two probably!
Omicron. on 10:14 - Apr 22 with 2380 viewsFtnfwest

oh it's definitely more like flu than a cold.
Omicron. on 10:16 - Apr 22 with 2384 viewsitfcjoe

Friend of my Dad's (triple jabbed - 60ish) has been in a bad way - even ended up having paramedics out overnight Sunday when it got so bad.

Think he is on road to recovery now, but has really hurt him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Omicron. on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 2366 viewsclive_baker

Sorry to hear that, I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

It was the ongoing fatigue that screwed me. I'm generally a fit person, gym, box, run etc and while I'm mid 30's now and not perhaps as fit as a fiddle as I was a decade ago, I would like to think I was relatively well prepared for it. Despite that I had a real case of fatigue, walking up the stairs was an effort and I don't think I'm back to where I was even some months later. It was definitely that which hit me more than more typical cold / flu symptoms like sore throat etc.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Omicron. on 10:44 - Apr 22 with 2247 viewsLord_Lucan

Omicron. on 09:34 - Apr 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

Been wearing my surgical grade (cheers Lucan) mask since I got it, and I'm stunned when me and Lady Dollers go out and about in Londinium how few others are wearing any kind of protection apart from us. Almost to the point of feeling weird/odd ones out.

You do realise you have to change them now and again don't you!

@StochesStotasBlewe - I hope the Mrs is better soon, it's a strange one that's for sure. Due to house moving circumstances there are 8 of us living at Lucan towers at the moment and a few weeks ago 7 of them had the lurgi. Everyone sailed through like a breeze including Mother who has a history of chest / bronchitis problems. Hooever - my daughter seemed to develop a few complications which may or may not have been a chest infection as antibiotics cleared it up however I think she's still a little bit groggy.

Went to see the old girl next door last night for a weekly visit / check up and she had covid about three weeks ago, she is about 400 years old and got through it fine - but this week has gone a bit groggy again - I'm wondering if she may have developed a chest infection as well.

I'm no medical man but is it possible that Omnicron is creating infections that need to be cleared up by a dose of antibiotics.

On a slight side note - the situation in China is crazy with people forced into lockdown with no food. They are using social media to try and relay the seriousness of the problem but China is strong on blocking and intercepting certain words so they have developed many new slang words to beat the system and get the message out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the government took Wechat down.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Omicron. on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 2187 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Best wishes to Mrs SSB

I had it and it really was just like a cold but isn't there another variant also going round? Could be that.

Strange how everyone is affected so differently

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Omicron. on 11:01 - Apr 22 with 2187 viewsCotty

Omicron. on 10:44 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

@StochesStotasBlewe - I hope the Mrs is better soon, it's a strange one that's for sure. Due to house moving circumstances there are 8 of us living at Lucan towers at the moment and a few weeks ago 7 of them had the lurgi. Everyone sailed through like a breeze including Mother who has a history of chest / bronchitis problems. Hooever - my daughter seemed to develop a few complications which may or may not have been a chest infection as antibiotics cleared it up however I think she's still a little bit groggy.

Went to see the old girl next door last night for a weekly visit / check up and she had covid about three weeks ago, she is about 400 years old and got through it fine - but this week has gone a bit groggy again - I'm wondering if she may have developed a chest infection as well.

I'm no medical man but is it possible that Omnicron is creating infections that need to be cleared up by a dose of antibiotics.

On a slight side note - the situation in China is crazy with people forced into lockdown with no food. They are using social media to try and relay the seriousness of the problem but China is strong on blocking and intercepting certain words so they have developed many new slang words to beat the system and get the message out.

"I'm no medical man but is it possible that Omnicron is creating infections that need to be cleared up by a dose of antibiotics."

No, it's not a bacterial infection.
Omicron. on 11:05 - Apr 22 with 2166 viewshype313

Omicron. on 11:01 - Apr 22 by Cotty

"I'm no medical man but is it possible that Omnicron is creating infections that need to be cleared up by a dose of antibiotics."

Also try getting antibiotics from a GP these days, it's nigh on impossible as they are so unwilling due to the concern around resistance, which is actually more a concern than anything going forward as a simple cut could be lethal if we all become resistant.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Omicron. on 11:11 - Apr 22 with 2138 viewsLord_Lucan

Omicron. on 11:01 - Apr 22 by Cotty

A very good point dear boy.

Told you I was thick - although could it bring our immune system down to a level which makes bacterial infections more likely.

I suppose that is what I was clumsily trying to get at.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Omicron. on 11:12 - Apr 22 with 2126 viewsCotty

Omicron. on 11:05 - Apr 22 by hype313

Also try getting antibiotics from a GP these days, it's nigh on impossible as they are so unwilling due to the concern around resistance, which is actually more a concern than anything going forward as a simple cut could be lethal if we all become resistant.

It's not us becoming resistant to them, it's the bacteria! Probably our second biggest existential threat after climate change.
Omicron. on 11:27 - Apr 22 with 2081 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Thanks for the get better messages for Mrs SSB. I’ll be making double sure she takes the weekend easy and isn’t on call for work either.
Good to hear you and yours were all ok Lucan and hope all the rest of you lot get over it/stay clear.

How the hell I haven’t got it again I’ll never know but hey ho, count blessings and all that.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

[Redacted] on 11:30 - Apr 22 with 2062 viewsvictorywilhappen

Omicron. on 09:34 - Apr 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

[Redacted]
Omicron. on 11:39 - Apr 22 with 2013 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 11:30 - Apr 22 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I made a rare visit to London last week and was amazed that very few were wearing them on the tube - I thought it was just us simple country folk who were a bit lax.

Must admit I'm getting a bit lax now as well - this week I have been maskless on my two visits to the corner shop - but I will mask up when next in Aldi, although possibly not in Waitrose.

Omicron. on 11:48 - Apr 22 with 1955 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Omicron. on 10:44 - Apr 22 by Lord_Lucan

Ha, yeah we have a couple of packs rather than 1 mask!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Omicron. on 13:52 - Apr 22 with 1678 viewsgiant_stow

The guy that has our elderly football team's kit has covid and I'm off round there to pick it up for tomorrow's game. It'll be an interesting experiment I guess, on whether you get covid from surfaces or just through the air. If the whole team comes down with it, we have our answer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024